[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Keep in mind, I believe @CobaltWolf is going for a stock-alike look that doesn't have to be exactly the pant scheme of the actual Saturn V.  Once he's completed, I'm planning on creating as realistic a texture as possible for his Sarnus V that will mimic the Apollo 11 launch vehicle. 

(but considering the awesome work he's already done, my job looks to be pretty easy!)

bFI9alW.jpg

(Like a stupid amount of realistic detail :D  )

Edited by [email protected]

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Looks fantastic. Get some rest. I'll bet you'll be done with the Sarnus V before next week is over.

EDIT: @Sgt.Shutesie: #TheBandisTheretoStay. There is a black band on the S-IC from now unless you want to edit it out. 

Are you sure? Look at this image he just sent me.(I edited it myself, don't think he actually took the band away. He wants me to suffer)

17MfpXg.png

47 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf  &  @DiscoSlelge, I had an epiphany: sinve you can mod the in-game KSPedia, why not put the manual into the mod so that we can see it in game? Granted, this could be done at a later date, but I just wanted to put it out there as a suggestion for the future.

hmmm... that is actually a good idea. I don't really like trying to open up a PDF with KSP taking up 5.5 out of my 6 GB of RAM... 'all power to the engines' and all that...

51 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf  &  @DiscoSlelge, I had an epiphany: sinve you can mod the in-game KSPedia, why not put the manual into the mod so that we can see it in game? Granted, this could be done at a later date, but I just wanted to put it out there as a suggestion for the future.

We'd love to, but its really easier said than done. Because they're built in unity rather than built externally then loaded in, it takes a lot of extraneous effort to integrate them. We can look into just loading each page in as an image, but its not something I'm concerned with. I'd like to mostly focus on more art assets.

@CobaltWolf: I don't know if you remember me mentioning in the stream, but here's my Sarnus II/(Sarnus C-2).  

gqwM5yq.png

PS: Your old Centaur parts work really well in making variants for my Rockets (Centaur-C on the top). Also if you want to know my engine stats for the H-1:

Thrust: 365

atmosphere Curve
            key = 0 305
            key = 1 275
            key = 7 0.001

I know it's more efficient (SLIGHTLY) on vaccum ISP than the F-1, but it's the only way I could make it work (though maybe I could edit it down). (Tank Length on 7.38m. (I added a adapter on the bottom 1m long) with 6.38m on the main tank. Diameter is 3.75 (obviously) at the widest.

Edited by davidy12

4 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

hmmm... that is actually a good idea. I don't really like trying to open up a PDF with KSP taking up 5.5 out of my 6 GB of RAM... 'all power to the engines' and all that...

I planned to do it but it's a far objective for the manual, but I already have an idea how it could be I was thinking of a sort of "catalog" where you find pictures of launchers (building not detailed) with a tiny description. And in the same time keep the canon pdf manual for more info and blueprints, with the next update the manual is going to be near 70 pages and I don't want to implant all this stuff in KSPedia I think it would be a bit unpleasing.
@Rory Yammomoto Did you see manual pdf weight was drastically reduce ?

2 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I planned to do it but it's a far objective for the manual, but I already have an idea how it could be I was thinking of a sort of "catalog" where you find pictures of launchers (building not detailed) with a tiny description. And in the same time keep the canon pdf manual for more info and blueprints, with the next update the manual is going to be near 70 pages and I don't want to implant all this stuff in KSPedia I think it would be a bit unpleasing.
@Rory Yammomoto Did you see manual pdf weight was drastically reduce ?

Not The PDF. I was talking about the viewer. more processes take more RAM.

EDZIT: if oyu could not watch the stream, the entirety of it was archived here https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy/v/88972300

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

11 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

#itneverflew

#WhoCares

KW Rocketry's Saturn V main tank had a band around the top.

Personally though. I'd pretty much just like to see the J-2/S-IVB finished at this point.

Edited by davidy12

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

13 hours later...

I'M SO TIRED

[SATURN V IMAGES]

That looks just right, do I spy some strategically unsmoothed edges? That's a clever way to model those ridged surfaces. 

What parts does it break down into? Curious how they might look in non-prototypical applications. 

44 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

That looks just right, do I spy some strategically unsmoothed edges? That's a clever way to model those ridged surfaces. 

What parts does it break down into? Curious how they might look in non-prototypical applications. 

Yeah, it helps the normal maps pop.

They're going to need some more work to get them to be lego-ish. For a variety of reasons, we had to make them 5.625m. Which means I have to make a ton of quality-of-life parts like adapters, decouplers, etc. In addition to all the extra Saturn variants (see the roadmap) I might make some extra 'generic' 5.625m parts to give them more use. I am kind of realizing they will only be useful for Saturn-style rockets though. I'm not quite sure what the best solution will be.

Just now, Rory Yammomoto said:

will this be 1.2 compatible?

no.