[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Nice! That poor rocket never got enough love in real life (though for justifiable reasons) so it's nice to see it getting used here. And your mission results seem to be par for the course for early US lunar missions.

Yep, I considered reverting the flight, but then decided that I would get a more realistic mission by allowing the screw-up to remain.

I think my next Lunar mission will be based on the Ranger program (hail liquid fuel stages), but I'm not really sure which parts in the pack go into the Ranger spacecraft. I've taken a look at the manual you've got on the OP but it only has the launchers and Mercury/Gemini/Agena based payloads. 

Don't worry, I know about the craft files for download too, but I would rather build it myself, even if it turns out exactly like the downloadable one.

On September 11, 2016 at 4:55 PM, minepagan said:

Ignore that message

18 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Yep, I considered reverting the flight, but then decided that I would get a more realistic mission by allowing the screw-up to remain.

I think my next Lunar mission will be based on the Ranger program (hail liquid fuel stages), but I'm not really sure which parts in the pack go into the Ranger spacecraft. I've taken a look at the manual you've got on the OP but it only has the launchers and Mercury/Gemini/Agena based payloads. 

Don't worry, I know about the craft files for download too, but I would rather build it myself, even if it turns out exactly like the downloadable one.

You need the orange omni antenna, the hexagonal gray probe core, the trapezoidal solar panels, and the rectangular batteries. I don't have the game open in front of me so I hope my descriptions make sense

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

2 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

You need the orange omni antenna, the hexagonal gray probe core, the trapezoidal solar panels, and the rectangular batteries. I don't have the game open in front of me so I hope my descriptions make sense

^That is fairly accurate. If you want to do even better, get Coatl Aerospace Probes Plus, it has some of the experiments such as ELIX.

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I'm not really sure which parts in the pack go into the Ranger spacecraft

wolzK2z.png

Probes Plus! used in this version

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Makes me wonder when/if BDB will have hydrolox lifting engines

Oh, it would be awesome to see plug nozzles make an emergence into the VAB

8 hours ago, Abrecan said:

is the master file ok to test with the 1.2 pre-release?

Should be. Won't have everything working fully though.

EDIT: To clarify, I believe the antennas and the RCS has been updated. I'm not 100% sure what else.

Also, those of you that tested the LEM probably noticed some strangeness with one of the dishes, that awkwardly floated next to it. This was actually a bigger issue that it sounds, since it went deeper than just having to move the dish over. However, I was able to fix it yesterday, along with tweaking the LEM textures. (I wasn't sure if the Saturn assets on my laptop were up to date and I was in a lab all day)

Edited by CobaltWolf

45 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

So, I know your September BDB anniversary is coming up, and I thought should get you all a present. I should have texturing for it finished tonight.

My present is... uhhh.....

Hey Cobalt, what's your address?

*amazon.com*

*saturn v*

*clicks on first product*

*buy for 123 fake street somewhere, PA*

Perfect!

In all seriousness, I can try my hand at modelling something for you. Maybe an SRB...

That's the half length one...

5 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Wtat 1st stage engine goes with the Sarnus?

The Grivans go on the inside, the Navis go on the outside (I think)

58 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

So, I know your September BDB anniversary is coming up, and I thought should get you all a present. I should have texturing for it finished tonight.

ooh boy!

@CobaltWolffor your present from me, I can get you pics from just about any part of any US rocket or spacecraft even past the saturn V...I live near the USSRC and am going soon(tm) for something. They have pretty much everything except the Titan family, and probes.

Edited by minepagan
Oops