[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry, not going to touch this.  I have quite enough on my plate, and @CobaltWolf is fully capable of fixing it, whatever is wrong.

Usually when that happens it's because there is a missing resource of some sort, but for an antenna, I couldn't begin to guess.  Without the log file either, it's just not worth guessing.  At least with a log file, an educated guess might be made.

Only exception would be if @CobaltWolf himself asked me to look into it.  In that case, I'd make time.

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

Yes that is the idea just to help, because @CobaltWolf might be in a busy week, and sometimes pointing directly to the problem/solution helps a lot the mod developer to speed up the fix, when we are busy to other stuff.

I understand your point.

The log is this (just before KSP crash/halt):

[LOG 10:29:44.662] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_dipoleAntenna/bluedog_dipole'
[LOG 10:29:44.677] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_domeAntenna/bluedog_domeAntenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.692] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_LOantenna/bluedog_LOantenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.706] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_LOdish/bluedog_LOdish'
[LOG 10:29:44.721] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_mariner2Antenna/bluedog_mariner2Antenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.735] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_mariner4Antenna/bluedog_mariner4Antenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.751] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_mariner4Dish/bluedog_mariner4Dish'
[LOG 10:29:44.766] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_rangerDish/bluedog_rangerDish'
[LOG 10:29:44.783] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_scimatarAntenna/bluedog_scimitar'
[LOG 10:29:44.797] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_simpleAntenna/bluedog_simpleAntenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.812] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_solarAntenna/bluedog_solarAntenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.832] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 10:29:44.836] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.solarAntenna'
[EXC 10:29:44.877] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

LINK to full: LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/anl9u2a6mop7v1t/KSP - BDB.zip?dl=0

Edited by pmborg

9 minutes ago, pmborg said:

[LOG 10:29:44.812] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_solarAntenna/bluedog_solarAntenna'
[LOG 10:29:44.832] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 10:29:44.836] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.solarAntenna'
[EXC 10:29:44.877] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

That's a stock bug, need to wait for 1.10.1.  This mostly showed up in non-stock fairings, but it looks like the same issue as the fairings

10 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Yes that is the idea just to help, because @CobaltWolf might be in a busy week, and sometimes pointing directly to the problem/solution helps a lot the mod developer to speed up the fix, when we are busy to other stuff.

I actually did download and look at the part to be sure it wasn't a missing resource.  Beyond that, the log file identified the problem.  This affects a bunch of mods, including Restock.  It hit at least one of mine as well

Wait for 1.10.1 please

Hopefully this catches some people's attention.  As LinuxGuruGamer said, 1.10 has bugs squad needs to fix.  Just hold off modding KSP till 1.10.1.  Remember, you can download previous versions of KSP.  Steam users, always rename your KSP folders so Steam can't auto update them.  We don't care about your total playtime.

Alright just to say something about the 1.10 bugs. We had not planned on any further patch releases for BDB v1.6 with the development of v.1.7 quite far along. If the mod continues to not load we might look into another hotfix for v1.6 if necessary but we will have  to evaluate after KSP 1.10.1 which will hopefully bring some fixes.

Centaur early fairing

screen_2560x1920_2020-07-12_19-20-07.png

screenshot63.png?width=551&height=864

screenshot68.png?width=1535&height=863

screenshot71.png?width=1535&height=863

screenshot72.png?width=1535&height=863

screenshot73.png?width=1535&height=863

The 3 different Centaur shrouds available for now

Left to right: OAO derived long shroud, OAO derived short shroud, Early shroud.

Last two are not adjustable but the first one is fully adjustable in length.

13 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Centaur early fairing

screenshot68.png?width=1535&height=863

screenshot71.png?width=1535&height=863

screenshot72.png?width=1535&height=863

The 3 different Centaur shrouds available for now

Left to right: OAO derived long shroud, OAO derived short shroud, Early shroud.

Last two are not adjustable but the first one is fully adjustable in length.

TIL Early Centaurs had jettisonable insulation. 

Oh I forgot to post about the Centaur D being on Github. Oops lol

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

Jettisonable Insulation :o

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

TIL Early Centaurs had jettisonable insulation. 

To quote Ed Kyle over at Space Launch Report

There were four insulation panels that separated using "flexible, linear, shaped charges" along their "forward, aft, and longitudinal seams".    Hinge arms at the bottom of the panels caused them to rotate away from the vehicle. A helium purge between the tank wall and the insulation panel used ground source helium that ended at liftoff, requiring careful venting during the flight.   Jettisoning the insulation shed 552 kg of dry mass from the stage on the way up, adding hundreds of kg of payload capability.

It was something we were afraid to do in previous incarnations, but now that we can have them all in one part (without making the player place the insulation by hand) we felt confident in recreating this historical feature of the Centaur :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Just wanna also say, the "United States" Font kind of breaks the Stockalike/Restockalike feel. I'd keep them in optional textures @Zorg

it's not on the texture it's a decal

(also the centaur stuff wasn't made by zorg :p)

Edited by DylanSemrau

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Just wanna also say, @Zorg the "United States" Font on the fairings kind of breaks the Stockalike/Restockalike feel. I'd keep them in optional textures

1 hour ago, DylanSemrau said:

it's not on the texture it's a decal

(also the centaur stuff wasn't made by zorg :p)

Ye I just made the payload fairings. The Centaur (and its insulation panels) is all Cobalt.

The decals are done using the fantastic Conformal Decals mod by CineboxAndrew. It projects the decal onto the surface of the object no matter the shape hence it looks like part of the texture.

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Ye I just made the payload fairings. The Centaur (and its insulation panels) is all Cobalt.

The decals are done using the fantastic Conformal Decals mod by CineboxAndrew. It projects the decal onto the surface of the object no matter the shape hence it looks like part of the texture.

Oh

8 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Wait for 1.10.1 please

Hopefully this catches some people's attention.  As LinuxGuruGamer said, 1.10 has bugs squad needs to fix.  Just hold off modding KSP till 1.10.1.  Remember, you can download previous versions of KSP.  Steam users, always rename your KSP folders so Steam can't auto update them.  We don't care about your total playtime.

Ah but Steam offers easy Screenshots that out of steam are much harder to create (and look good!)  So I will stay on steam and suggest to the user base as a whole (who use steam and only have one install of KSP)  use the BETA tab to set KSP to stay at 1.8.1 like I did.   I do this each time BDB meets the requirements to run on the KSP version and Steam will NEVER update you past that version you have selected.

Oddly refreshing to have a reason to use BIG TEXT isn't it MashAndBangers?

3 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

You can remove the images in the quotes.  Too many repeats makes people angry :)

3 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

This is the singular most irritating thing that happens EVERYWHERE.

While I agree full size images are ANNOYING as HECK, a lot of quotes REFERENCE the images and without the images you can get lost as to the subject easily.

So instead, you can Resize the images to a much smaller size by dbl clicking on them in your quote.      I go 1/2 or 1/4th original size depending on Image orientation.  Wide screen style is 1/2 and stupid almost always in-appropriate vertical cell phone style is 1/4.  After all if you don't care enough about picture quality and take an image in the wrong orientation why should I care how it looks when I shrink it :P     And yes, Photographing Rockets on the Launch pad, or a close up of an entire single human (or 2) Vertical might be approprate.   The sheer majority of pictures taken today are in the wrong orientation to look good....     *Oh Crap I got on the Soap Box again didn't I*      Sorry about that.   *Exit Stage left*

New Centaur is great!

However, the insulation panels don't seem to work for me as, well, insulation panels? Insulation is always at 50%, with or without panels, and jettisoning them doesn't seem to affect boiloff.

Having a small issue I can't seem to figure out what's going on when using @Zorg's wonderful fairings. When I select a fairing base, everything works as advertised, even resizing the height. However, when I select a different fairing using part switcher, I get misshapen fairings.