[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

44 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Hooray for Communism!

dirty hippies are communist supporters (either directly or indirectly), they were used by KGB to help on subversion, so.... that statement doesn't make much sense...

btw, Sarnus sound good for a stock Saturn lol

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sarnus is the Saturn equivalent from [OPM]

I'm all for this, except the Titan rockets aren't called Tekto, so it wouldn't match...

A vote isn't necessary, @CobaltWolf & @VenomousRequiem can just pick something, and take the suggestions into consideration if they want. 

That said... anyone for #TeamSarnusAndRenameTitanToTekto ?

Edit: Scratch that, I just realized that Jupiter isn't called Jool either. So really, you can name it after anything but a planet, based on the precedent set by the rest of the pack. 

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

31 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Edit: Scratch that, I just realized that Jupiter isn't called Jool either. So really, you can name it after anything but a planet, based on the precedent set by the rest of the pack. 

Basically, yeah. Whatever makes me feel like a cool kid, y'know?

3 hours ago, JoseEduardo said:

dirty hippies are communist supporters (either directly or indirectly), they were used by KGB to help on subversion, so.... that statement doesn't make much sense...

btw, Sarnus sound good for a stock Saturn lol

&) Disse tudo! Bolsonaro 2018

Are there by chance .craft files for the various rockets in this mod?  This is probably my favorite parts pack, and while its fun piecing together the ships myself, it'd be cool to see what the "correct" configuration of parts is.  

1 minute ago, jdub3350 said:

Are there by chance .craft files for the various rockets in this mod?  This is probably my favorite parts pack, and while its fun piecing together the ships myself, it'd be cool to see what the "correct" configuration of parts is.  

I'm glad you like it! I think @Sgt.Shutesie is working on craft files. Untill then you can check out the manual! I think it's been linked in the past couple pages. 

3 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

Here https://www.docdroid.net/R6CGLWo/bdb-manuel-11-.pdf.html

This is the manual of BDB

Edited by DiscoSlelge

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Daminant and Chrylus

K.

(Make sure they match up with the manual, I was in close contact with @DiscoSlelge for that so the crafts in the manual are very close if not exactly my intended builds)

EDIT: Thanks for updating them!

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I'm glad you like it! I think @Sgt.Shutesie is working on craft files. Untill then you can check out the manual! I think it's been linked in the past couple pages. 

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I fixed all the craft files I think, I just need to upload them as well as get Daminant and Chrylus or whatever assembled, however that works.

Wow, thanks all.  I had no idea there was a manual!  Is it weird that I'm excited to read it?  

5 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

Wow, thanks all.  I had no idea there was a manual!  Is it weird that I'm excited to read it?  

Not at all, even I'm glad you're excited to read it I made it for this ! Have fun :)

Edited by DiscoSlelge

3 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Not at all, even I'm glad you're excited to read it I made it for this ! Have fun :)

Thanks for taking the time.  I almost prefer a manual with "assembly instructions" over pre-made craft files, its a really good idea. 

3 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Ow thanks that's touching <3

As someone who grew up buying games like X-Wing and TIE fighter (on 3.5 floppy no less) and reading the manual cover to cover before even installing the game, that manual was a great read.  Well done. 

40 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

As someone who grew up buying games like X-Wing and TIE fighter (on 3.5 floppy no less) and reading the manual cover to cover before even installing the game, that manual was a great read.  Well done. 

I remember saving up my allowance for a month ($5/week x 4 weeks = $20, or the average price of an AA or discounted AAA game at Target), rushing to the car to open it up and read the manual on the ride home. I think Sid Meier's Pirates! is still my favorite, that thing was a straight up book.

EDIT: I never got a chance to play X-Wing or TIE fighter, but I was a huge Freespace 2 fan back in the day, if you've ever heard of that one. It's the reason Titan is named Prometheus in BDB.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I remember saving up my allowance for a month ($5/week x 4 weeks = $20, or the average price of an AA or discounted AAA game at Target), rushing to the car to open it up and read the manual on the ride home. I think Sid Meier's Pirates! is still my favorite, that thing was a straight up book.

EDIT: I never got a chance to play X-Wing or TIE fighter, but I was a huge Freespace 2 fan back in the day, if you've ever heard of that one. It's the reason Titan is named Prometheus in BDB.

Sounds very familiar to my childhood.  Companies just don't do manuals like the used to, you get a page or two with controller mappings and then in-game tutorials.  But then again not all are manual aficionados, haha. 

I played the orginal Descent: Freespace.  Didn't know it had a sequel.  Also with epic manuals were any of the Sim____ games, and I played about all of them. 

2 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

I played the orginal Descent: Freespace.  Didn't know it had a sequel.  Also with epic manuals were any of the Sim____ games, and I played about all of them. 

Ah, the second one is amazing. It got released to open source years ago and still has a fairly active community. Massive campaign packs, etc. I can't recommend it enough if you ever need to scratch that itch again. The forum would be... www.hard-light.net. Yep, there it is. I almost feel as if I should drop by. That site is actual where I posted my first attempts at 3D modeling when I was 12 or so. Wonder what they'd think now that I'm almost done with my degree.

21 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I'm going to take a wild guess... LG G4 Styuls, LG Vista, or standard LG G4. 

Also, charge your phone.

Vista, It was 10:06 and I had brightness up for a while because I was outside, was about to plug it in.

Lets see, who needs to know this ....*paper shuffling* Aha! @CobaltWolf @VenomousRequiem and the guy who wanted them, @jdub3350.

Craft files, all updated and fixed up (No More "Non PF" in the titles) so you have to change the topic link. This time I put folders in folders, so sub-assemblies for SRBs and like 2 launch towers are in a separate folder next to the craft files.

I still have to do some description making and make stuff, which I'll refer to the manual for, which @DiscoSlelge has provided for us.