Silisko Industries Addon Development - Thread 2

NovaSilisko

I may eventually release some older stuff "as-is" with no promises as to it working. As to "having" a pack in its entirety, I don't know. Using individual parts for compilations, sure, as well as modifying their models or textures, but I don't really want them to "be re-released" as was done with NovaPunch by Tiberion.

I'm having trouble using the BACE Node part. The image doesn't in the parts pane on the left but it's there. I use it and attach it but it seems to remain transparent and I can't attach any parts to it.

I'm having trouble using the BACE Node part. The image doesn't in the parts pane on the left but it's there. I use it and attach it but it seems to remain transparent and I can't attach any parts to it.

Try rotating/flipping it while it's "stuck" onto the part you're trying to fix it to but still is a red silhouette. I know with the Kosmos pack the attachment node is on a particular face and they're meant to fit together a certain way depending on which axis you're trying to connect them on. Just hover the part so it "sticks" but won't connect, and rotate it so you cover all of the 6 directions it can face and one of them should turn it green. I can't promise this will work because I've never really used the BACE pack, but that's how it works with Kosmos nodes.

On the probydyne stuff, is it possible to see3 throught the cameras and the telescope or are they just decoration?

It's just decoration. It's so you can put something that looks like the Hubble into orbit.

I'm hoping someone (with way more talent than me) will pick up the BACE pack and figure out a way to add doors to it. It would be infinitely cool if we could have kerbals go inside an inflatable module on the Mun or in orbit or something.

First, I want it known that I LOVE this stuff. the Alpha of the new pack is amazing.

But... why do all the cockpit units list having crew, but not actually have crew when I go to launch? o.o

First, I want it known that I LOVE this stuff. the Alpha of the new pack is amazing.

But... why do all the cockpit units list having crew, but not actually have crew when I go to launch? o.o

they haven't been updated for 0.16's crew system

Okay. I am in the process of rescaling the Probe pack. I also made the cores unmanned. I am NOT letting this beautiful pack go to waste.

Yep. Rescaled and unmanned. :D

Can rescaling be done through .cfg edits or through a 3D program and/or the Unity Editor?

I had a play around with the scale and rescaleFactor settings with no success.

I've been really wanting to build a satellite that scales correctly (with the smaller fuel tanks, not the new larger ones).

On the probydyne stuff, is it possible to see3 throught the cameras and the telescope or are they just decoration?

This is a clone of the Probodobodyne cameras that act as hull cameras. You can actually see through them if you have Mechjeb installed/press f7/f8.

http://www./download.php?ys397oumdk3q0co

I haven't done the telescope yet, but I have a telescope surface on the way.

Can rescaling be done through .cfg edits or through a 3D program and/or the Unity Editor?

I've been really wanting to build a satellite that scales correctly (with the smaller fuel tanks, not the new larger ones).

What you have to do along with adding the rescaleFactor line is to change "name" under General Parameters, otherwise the game will assume it is the same part as the original and revert it back to its normal size. You can just tag "small" or "large" or whatever you want onto the end and you should be set. Just for reference, the parts are scaled at 1.25 in .16, so if you want double size you do a rescaleFactor of 2.5, and if you want half size it's .625

Can someone make the half meter capsule from SE EVA-capable? Don't rescale it, though. I want tiny landers!

How would a Kerbal fit in a .5 meter capsule when they themselves are 1 meter tall? Anyways I'll take up the job. :P

I used rescaleFactor. Capitals are important.

It should look like this:

rescaleFactor = [Number]