Landing

hunter558

Hey guys, just joined the forum and just started playing the game a couple of days ago but i had a problem and wasnt sure where to put this. I want the developers to take note of the issues that occur when landing on Kerbin or its moons. You cant really tell how far it is to the bottom, i ended up crash landing on Mun and Minmus with the meter still reading several thousand meters. If there was a way we could gauge altitude and maybe a more developed world map with topography and exact altitudes that would be awesome. Its really hard and really annoying when you\'re so close to a successful landing and have no idea where the bottom is, especially on the dark side of the planetary bodies. Anyway, just throwing it up there, love the game, keep it up!

Gday Hunter and welcome to the mad fun house. The best i can recommend for altitude checks when mun landing is to pull the camera back from the ship and look down at about a 45 deg angle. Also spotlights on the darkside help a lot.

Well... it\'s not an issue, not knowing how far away the ground is. Your altimeter tells you your height above sea-level, and it\'s all part of the fun to go down slowly- worried that at any moment CRASH. I recommend getting into an orbit around any body you intend to land on before doing so, because then you can choose where to land on its daytime face.

Welcome to the forums.