[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

The mod works great, tho when I tried to build the base with KAS most of the parts either exploded when i set them on the ground (was on minmus), or fell through the world and then exploded (on the runway). But otherwise just landing something and connecting it works fine. Great Mod!

Is it possible to use the MKS spaceship building parts in this? (though I guess the better question is, how do I discern them?)

No they are separate mods. But pretty much every part in MKS-L has an analog to it in MKS.

No they are separate mods. But pretty much every part in MKS-L has an analog to it in MKS.

No, I mean move the MKS spaceship building parts into MKS-L. I'm pretty sure they just use RocketParts, so I think it would be feasible. I know how to move files.

Details help :) General process is to attach an anchor hub to the ground with a drill, then (again, using a drill) node attach all of the bits.

I grasp that, I was trying to move parts over across the ground. So I would pick them up and set them onto the ground and they would explode or fall through the world. Not a problem with this mod, it looks to be a problem with KIS that can happen.

"Known issues

- Small parts dropped can go throught the ground or explode. I recommend to avoid dropping them on the ground directly, and instead drop them on another part (container for exemple)" from KIS page

No, I mean move the MKS spaceship building parts into MKS-L. I'm pretty sure they just use RocketParts, so I think it would be feasible. I know how to move files.

I guess they would work, but you don't want to actually "move" anything.

I just got home from work and finally updated Ksp to 1.0.4 then I got all my mods back. All of them are working fine except for MKS lite and the Karibou rover. I get the scout pod and a few other parts like the landing legs and the kontainers but everything else just isnt there. In an unusual twist I get two of everything in Freight Transport Technologies. And when I start the game it says firespitter is incompatible with 1.0.4 overall i just wanna make my dream space base. Kerbal Kongress killed my last program. (.90 version) Pls...Help

I just got home from work and finally updated Ksp to 1.0.4 then I got all my mods back. All of them are working fine except for MKS lite and the Karibou rover. I get the scout pod and a few other parts like the landing legs and the kontainers but everything else just isnt there. In an unusual twist I get two of everything in Freight Transport Technologies. And when I start the game it says firespitter is incompatible with 1.0.4 overall i just wanna make my dream space base. Kerbal Kongress killed my last program. (.90 version) Pls...Help

Picture of your gamedata and umbraspaceindustries folders please.

I really don't understand... please be specific.

And in general I am keeping the parts on this super light. Because once you figure this out you should really upgrade to the full UKS version :)

I grasp that, I was trying to move parts over across the ground. So I would pick them up and set them onto the ground and they would explode or fall through the world. Not a problem with this mod, it looks to be a problem with KIS that can happen.

"Known issues

- Small parts dropped can go throught the ground or explode. I recommend to avoid dropping them on the ground directly, and instead drop them on another part (container for exemple)" from KIS page

Yeah this is a KIS problem

Your issue with FTT it that you have 2 installs. (it should be in the UmbraSpaceIndustries sub folder, but i see it in the Main game data folder.

And as roverdude said above, the MKS-Lite has less parts than the Full MKS , its ment to be a intro/starter for getting into MKS, if you are already experianced with MKS and want the full range of parts, go grab the main MKS install

EDIT: And Golden has the rest.. missed the Firespitter issue. :D

Edited by rabidninjawombat

I see 2 problems. First you only need/want the latest modulemanager dll. delete the rest. And you have a firespitter.dll in the root of your gamedata folder. There should only be one, and will be in the firespitter folder. I'm not sure how you got that there but if it was manually put there I would be very mindful of anything else that was manually copied somewhere other than its default folder. Modders put their stuff in a folder structure for a reason and it breaks if you move it around.

Also I don't know if it would matter but I would copy MKS-L last, as it would likely have the most up to date other folders like USITOOLS etc.

[edit] partially ninja'd. I didnt see the extra FTT folder (good catch). Don't go moving stuff around.

I got it working thanks to Golden and ninja thx guys. But I have another question. How in gods name am I to connect these modules? I thougt there were those flex o tube things that you can connect on eva but all i see is the fixed expando tube. Am i missing something?

I got it working thanks to Golden and ninja thx guys. But I have another question. How in gods name am I to connect these modules? I thougt there were those flex o tube things that you can connect on eva but all i see is the fixed expando tube. Am i missing something?

i believe you need KAS as well as KIS. The flexotubes are just larger KAS pipes.