[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

I have an issue with the part categories are not showing up and the parts are unnasigned so I can't access them.

Basically if I search for (using quick search) or attempt to access them they will not appear, The config files have no difference between a working and unworking part baring the parts category assignment ('none' for not showing parts) kontainers , full MKS/OKS and Karibou also exhibit these issues through both CKAN and Kerbalsuff.

Edited by jackboy900

I've had my mouth hanging open for a few days while I click on link after link on the USI Kolonization wiki, trying to figure out how I'm going to get a base built and operating. Now I can dry my shirt and remoisten my tongue, thanks to MKS-Lite!

Edited by Perry Apsis

I have an issue with the part categories are not showing up and the parts are unnasigned so I can't access them.

Basically if I search for (using quick search) or attempt to access them they will not appear, The config files have no difference between a working and unworking part baring the parts category assignment ('none' for not showing parts) kontainers , full MKS/OKS and Karibou also exhibit these issues through both CKAN and Kerbalsuff.

It means you have an install issue or something is conflicting. Usual deal... Install clean from KS, overwrite everything. Include everything. If you still have an issue show us your GameData folder.

I am having fun with that I have seen so far, but in order to keep KSP from crashing so often. I did opt for the lite version, is there a probe core that goes with the lite version?

What do you mean by probe core?

This might be a very dumb question - if lite installed and then installed the full version and then removed lite, would the "lite rovers" parts come up missing??

Right now you can (technically) install both - I'll be updating UKS to hide the Lite parts to clean up your menus without blowing up your bases :)

I've had my mouth hanging open for a few days while I click on link after link on the USI Kolonization wiki, trying to figure out how I'm going to get a base built and operating. Now I can dry my shirt and remoisten my tongue, thanks to MKS-Lite!

yw :) It also has it's own wiki

It means you have an install issue or something is conflicting. Usual deal... Install clean from KS, overwrite everything. Include everything. If you still have an issue show us your GameData folder.

I ran it on a clean install and got the icons so I ran a re-install to see if it was a problem and then I'll check any mods that interfere with the VAB icons.

Hello, and thanks for those marvelous mods. I just started using MKS Lite and have tons of questions :(

Here is my base. I wanted to try first a prototype in a controlled environment and the experimentation phases are taking place in Kerbin's grasslands.

Considering this design...

- Even when there are some solar panels, the whole base is not getting any energy. Does this mean that it is not a true base, and some parts are disconnected? from each other?

- The mini-lab is attached to the sifter, and the only way to make this work is with a scientist inside? Will I need an engineer inside another lab attached to the power cores to make them work too?

- The Hab section is completely disconnected from everything. Even when a kerbal is inside, it counts as a different "base". Is this intended or am I doing something wrong?

- The only place with cool lights is the Hab. These lights do not seem to consume any power. Is this correct?

- What is all that ISRU stuff? I have also installed USI Life Support and there's no Oxygen needed.

- How can I access the now extremely high command module hatch?

- Where can I attach the small fertilizer, mulch and supplies packs, in order for them to actually connect to the base and use the resources?

I'm sorry, I'm totally clueless here :(

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574565690951352170/01FE051F2E76E0BA1AE92538CABD988AA52014AD/

Finally. Finally, finally FINALLY.

I discovered what the problem was. Those rigid tubes that come with the mod are NOT the ones to use on the field. Attaching them via KIS in EVA is impossible. Most probably, those are meant only for things like prefab stuff or display. If you don't use them in the VAB/SPH they're completely useless. Or maybe you could attach them using cheats.

In order to connect everything in the base, in EVA, you've got to have KAS installed because the Flex-O-Tube is mandatory. Now I have a complete, fully-functional base.

Please, add a note explaining this either in the OP or the FAQs. I believe it's important.

Edited by Supermarine

Finally. Finally, finally FINALLY.

I discovered what the problem was. Those rigid tubes that come with the mod are NOT the ones to use on the field. Attaching them via KIS in EVA is impossible. Most probably, those are meant only for things like prefab stuff or display. If you don't use them in the VAB/SPH they're completely useless. Or maybe you could attach them using cheats.

Why ?

this base is 100% made with KIS

RhXLySW.jpg

4PR2fqw.jpg

The "cheat" is switch to node attach with R key

Tried it again on my stock install and nothing, gonna check for a CKAN issue and tried it on my 100+ 64-bit hacked main install but without filter extensions or editor extensions and nothing. Seem to be having this issue with pathfinder and buffalo as well.

Sssoooo, this happened. I had a base almost constructed and I made some mistake (I don't actually remember what it was) so I went back to my quick-save. Every time I restore the quick save, the base sinks a meter into the ground and then explodes violently upward, like a few hundred meters, in pieces, some of them literally exploding immediately, and some of them waiting until they collide once again with the Munar surface. I'm guessing this save is a goner. Did I do something wrong, is there a bug somewhere, or was it just a piece of bad luck?

Thanks in advance...

I discovered what the problem was. Those rigid tubes that come with the mod are NOT the ones to use on the field.

I don't use flexotubes at all, only the rigid kerbitrail tubes. As @Badsector just explained, you have to use the R key to change nodes. You can assemble everything on site from parts shipped in KIS Kontainers if you want to.

Sssoooo, this happened. I had a base almost constructed and I made some mistake (I don't actually remember what it was) so I went back to my quick-save. Every time I restore the quick save, the base sinks a meter into the ground and then explodes violently upward, like a few hundred meters, in pieces, some of them literally exploding immediately, and some of them waiting until they collide once again with the Munar surface. I'm guessing this save is a goner. Did I do something wrong, is there a bug somewhere, or was it just a piece of bad luck?

Thanks in advance...

Try this

MKSL_jump_FIX.cfg

@PART[MKSL_Lander] {
@node_stack_pod01 = .85,-.14,0, 1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod02 = -.85,-.14,0, -1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod03 = 0,-.14,.85, 0,0,1,2
@node_stack_pod04 = 0,-.14,-.85, 0,0,-1,2
}

@PART[MKSL_AnchorHub] {
@node_stack_pod01 = .85,-.09,0, 1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod02 = -.85,-.09,0, -1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod03 = 0,-.09,.85, 0,0,1,2
@node_stack_pod04 = 0,-.09,-.85, 0,0,-1,2

@node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.15,0,0,-1,0,2

}

Better if you re attack all the inflatables and AnchorHub

Thanks so much, Badsector, I'll try that out and let you know. Could you tell me what that you're doing with those tweaks?

Thanks!

Is a fix for attack nodes, with that all the nodes are at the same height, less base jumping and less problems with inflatables

Neat, thanks.

On another question, I find I can't attach the regolith sifter anywhere. I'm using the same process I used to attach all the other parts. I've tried surface attach, as well as node, and even attaching to the Munar surface. I've tried attaching it to my ship, to inflatables, to tubes, and to the base hub. I've tried changing nodes, changing orientation, and anything else I can think of. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks again.

---- EDIT ----

My game crashed, and after I reloaded it, the part started attaching normally. Whatever it was, it was temporary. I wish I had been keeping track of the number of pieces I've blown up doing this, but my base is finished, and I'm liking it.

Edited by Perry Apsis

0.1.0.0 IS UP

0.1.0 - 2015.11.10

------------------

Updated to KSP 1.0.5

Updated parts to allow distinct part category from core UKS

Thanks NyankoSensei for a negative cost fix on the supply packs!

Bundled CRP

Updated various dependencies

Broke out separate category tabs for MKS-LITe vs UKS

Neat, thanks.

On another question, I find I can't attach the regolith sifter anywhere. I'm using the same process I used to attach all the other parts. I've tried surface attach, as well as node, and even attaching to the Munar surface. I've tried attaching it to my ship, to inflatables, to tubes, and to the base hub. I've tried changing nodes, changing orientation, and anything else I can think of. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks again.

---- EDIT ----

My game crashed, and after I reloaded it, the part started attaching normally. Whatever it was, it was temporary. I wish I had been keeping track of the number of pieces I've blown up doing this, but my base is finished, and I'm liking it.

Glad you're digging it :)

Does this integrate with CTT at all?

Yep, this is fully integrated with CTT

I found a bug. When repainting the inflatable storage module when it is inflated it resets the storage limits to the deflated size, and then if you deflate it goes 1/100th of deflated size. it can be reset by deflating and then repainting and then inflating.

example ore/dirt = 3500/700 inflated repainting while inflated sets to 35/7 while inflated .35/.07 deflated.