[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

I must admit, I'm confounded on this one.  You want the parts to show up in Utility, instead of the custom defined MKS tab?  Many people I've seen post of the past months I've been playing want more filtering to find parts easier and resort to mods to help them do this and not clutter up the utility tab further.  To be clear, you are asking for the opposite ... to put everything into Utility and add more clutter?

43 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Hi Roverdude.

I was wondering if there's a way to move the MKS-L modules from "Kolonization Lite" into the stock "Utility" folder.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mynar Moonshadow said:

I must admit, I'm confounded on this one.  You want the parts to show up in Utility, instead of the custom defined MKS tab?  Many people I've seen post of the past months I've been playing want more filtering to find parts easier and resort to mods to help them do this and not clutter up the utility tab further.  To be clear, you are asking for the opposite ... to put everything into Utility and add more clutter?

Well, I love the "Kolonization Lite" tab, but there's one problem for me.

I use OSE workshop, and that can print parts up to 2,000 KIS spaces in volume. That's enough to print 2 MKS-L modules.

Such a thing would be really awesome, and it's possible. However, OSE doesn't show the "Kolonization Lite" tab, but if all this was in utility, I would be able to make self printing bases!

Yeah, I know, slightly crazy and irrational, but whatever, it works.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

A better bet would be to ask Obe to include custom categories which would sort this for a multitude of mods (including things like IR, etc. that also use custom categories).

True, I'll ask him about that.

But for later reference, is there a way to do it?

17 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

A better bet would be to ask Obe to include custom categories which would sort this for a multitude of mods (including things like IR, etc. that also use custom categories).

This is already done, because I had the same problem. Just past the following code in a .cfg file and all parts listed will be shown in the second to last tab in the workshop menu. The Initialization of OSE Workshop will check all cfg files for this node and add all items found. you do not need to override the existing one

OSE_ItemFilter
{
  parts = OSE_Workshop;OSE_Converter;ose3000;ose6000 // Replace this with the parts you would like to include
}

51 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry, a way to do what?

No Problem, getting it fixed now.

37 minutes ago, ObiVanDamme said:

This is already done, because I had the same problem. Just past the following code in a .cfg file and all parts listed will be shown in the second to last tab in the workshop menu. The Initialization of OSE Workshop will check all cfg files for this node and add all items found. you do not need to override the existing one

OSE_ItemFilter
{
  parts = OSE_Workshop;OSE_Converter;ose3000;ose6000 // Replace this with the parts you would like to include
}

Ok, trying that out.

55 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

hmmm... no way to do this categorically by some other characteristic?  I have a LOT of parts :D

I would love to read out the custom filters in the VAB  but I could not figure out how. i would also love to use the icons for the original categories but i cannot find the icons. if you know how to achive either or both of those things please let me know

• 2 weeks later...

OSE Workshop uses MaterialKits, and MKS-L/UKS will be following suit - short version is that RocketParts was the only non-CRP resource (and the very last 5L vs 1L one) left, so made sense to get some standardization in place.

I am in love with the MKS/OKS mod and the USI life support mod. Excellent job Roverdude! 

I am having quite a bit of fun in career mode seeing how soon I can launch a Duna mission that is self supporting and can build a training akademy for science. My first try took a four rocket caravan with 10k of rocketparts. Not optimal but it worked.

Now I am looking at your MKS Lite version and I had a question. In the full blown MKS/OKS you have new models for the extraplanetary launchpads surface launching pad and orbital dock. Is there anyway you could include those models in the light version? Or let us/me know what files to move?

Thanks!

My recommendation would be to just use survey stakes for ground bases, and the orbital dock from UKS for a larger space base.  I have some ideas on how to make this a bit easier to work with when I roll out the next major UKS/MKS-L versions.

On December 22, 2015 at 5:04 AM, RoverDude said:

OSE Workshop uses MaterialKits, and MKS-L/UKS will be following suit - short version is that RocketParts was the only non-CRP resource (and the very last 5L vs 1L one) left, so made sense to get some standardization in place.

This mod is so awesome! I'm practicing with a base 10km away from the Space Center. I was super confused about the RocketParts/MaterialKits. Are you going to change the smelter to make MaterialKits and all the storage tanks as well? or a converter from RocketParts >> MaterialKits?

On 12/23/2015 at 7:45 PM, Dr Farnsworth said:

I am in love with the MKS/OKS mod and the USI life support mod. Excellent job Roverdude! 

I am having quite a bit of fun in career mode seeing how soon I can launch a Duna mission that is self supporting and can build a training akademy for science. My first try took a four rocket caravan with 10k of rocketparts. Not optimal but it worked.

Now I am looking at your MKS Lite version and I had a question. In the full blown MKS/OKS you have new models for the extraplanetary launchpads surface launching pad and orbital dock. Is there anyway you could include those models in the light version? Or let us/me know what files to move?

Thanks!

Same as every mod.  Download, unzip, copy into your KSP "gamedata" folder.  Make sure not to nest folders, ie KSP\Gamedata\Gamedata.

Came back to KSP for this mod, love it. Always found MKS Standard to be a bit too complicated for my taste.

have a question though, on the end of the inflatable habitation module there is what appears to be a flexi-tube, I know it isn't but I had thought there would at least be a node there, upon deployment on minmus however, I discovered that I couldn't place anything on the end of it with KIS, no node, no viable surface attachment. Is this intended, bugged or just me missing the obvious and it is possible?

4 hours ago, Roberius said:

Came back to KSP for this mod, love it. Always found MKS Standard to be a bit too complicated for my taste.

have a question though, on the end of the inflatable habitation module there is what appears to be a flexi-tube, I know it isn't but I had thought there would at least be a node there, upon deployment on minmus however, I discovered that I couldn't place anything on the end of it with KIS, no node, no viable surface attachment. Is this intended, bugged or just me missing the obvious and it is possible?

It is a hatch.  Pretty sure you don't want to block the hatch.  Fire code violations and all.

Hi, I'm having real trouble with the Dirt resourcel

I can only find the ILM and large greenhouse that can store dirt. I'm just building a space station in orbit as a test, but can't find any way to get a container of dirt up there.

I've hunted through the forums, but can't see anything that could help. Am I wrong in thinking that dirt can even be transported, or a container filled up with dirt in the VAB? All the resource options on the various containers (Kontainers) don't include it. Aside from the inflatable storage, and that seems very limited in how much of a resource it can transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using CKAN, so hopefully should have the latest versions.

Thanks!

Edited by datamonkey

10 hours ago, Roberius said:

Totally intended because it inflates, which would necessitate the attached bits moving too, which is kinda a thing.

59 minutes ago, datamonkey said:

Hi, I'm having real trouble with the Dirt resourcel

I can only find the ILM and large greenhouse that can store dirt. I'm just building a space station in orbit as a test, but can't find any way to get a container of dirt up there.

I've hunted through the forums, but can't see anything that could help. Am I wrong in thinking that dirt can even be transported, or a container filled up with dirt in the VAB? All the resource options on the various containers (Kontainers) don't include it. Aside from the inflatable storage, and that seems very limited in how much of a resource it can transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using CKAN, so hopefully should have the latest versions.

Thanks!

Why would you want to transport dirt?  Just do your conversions on the ground.  The transport cost of raw material vs refined good is fairly ridiculous, and MKS-L is full of very simple conversions with incredibly light parts.

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Why would you want to transport dirt?  Just do your conversions on the ground.  The transport cost of raw material vs refined good is fairly ridiculous, and MKS-L is full of very simple conversions with incredibly light parts.

This... this makes far more sense...

God knows what I was thinking yesterday. Went off on having corrupted my install, how to change kontainers config to inclue dirt etc

Instead of double checking my maths.

Thanks dude. For the mods too.

Edited by datamonkey