[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

4 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

I'm trying to make a MKS-L base on Mun. Self-sustaining one. But every time i load it, or quickload, it just flies into the sky. I'm using KIS and KAS to assemble the base from one big container

You have found the Kraken.  He lurks in KSP waiting for unsuspecting ground bases.

Seriously though, It is an unfortunate thing with the way KSP works.  

@RoverDude Well, i can't really send you a pic of the base beacuse it's just gone. :/ When i loaded my lander next to the base, the base was just gone. I tried to recreate base from the main page of the mod. Because of this, (and my own stupidity) Bill, Bob and Jeb are stranded on Duna and are going to die beacuse i can't sent supplies in time. They only had enough supplies to get there and 30 days extra...

-EDIT-

And i guess guys on Mun will need to wait until i redesign the base. Maybe send them a rover so they can entertain themself :)

Edited by Joco223

1 hour ago, Joco223 said:

I'm trying to make a MKS-L base on Mun. Self-sustaining one. But every time i load it, or quickload, it just flies into the sky. I'm using KIS and KAS to assemble the base from one big container

try this fix

MKSL_jump_fix.cfg

@PART[MKSL_Lander] {
@node_stack_pod01 = .85,-.14,0, 1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod02 = -.85,-.14,0, -1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod03 = 0,-.14,.85, 0,0,1,2
@node_stack_pod04 = 0,-.14,-.85, 0,0,-1,2
}

@PART[MKSL_AnchorHub] {
@node_stack_pod01 = .85,-.09,0, 1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod02 = -.85,-.09,0, -1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod03 = 0,-.09,.85, 0,0,1,2
@node_stack_pod04 = 0,-.09,-.85, 0,0,-1,2

@node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.15,0,0,-1,0,2

}

Is a pull request and fix all the problems of jumping bases

7 minutes ago, Badsector said:

try this fix

MKSL_jump_fix.cfg

@PART[MKSL_Lander] {
@node_stack_pod01 = .85,-.14,0, 1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod02 = -.85,-.14,0, -1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod03 = 0,-.14,.85, 0,0,1,2
@node_stack_pod04 = 0,-.14,-.85, 0,0,-1,2
}

@PART[MKSL_AnchorHub] {
@node_stack_pod01 = .85,-.09,0, 1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod02 = -.85,-.09,0, -1,0,0,2
@node_stack_pod03 = 0,-.09,.85, 0,0,1,2
@node_stack_pod04 = 0,-.09,-.85, 0,0,-1,2

@node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.15,0,0,-1,0,2

}

Is a pull request and fix all the problems of jumping bases

Thanks for the fix, but i need to rebuild it anyway because it dissapeared and my Kerbals died of waiting (literatly) :(

I hear ya, but what the above patch does is shuffle some of the vertical nodes which in turn mess up other bits in other mods... so people module manage those... which in turn mess up something else... etc.  - basically it's an issue with bases clipping into the ground during initial physics load, because your base is level but your terrain is not.  This is precisely why disconnected bases work so well.

43 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I hear ya, but what the above patch does is shuffle some of the vertical nodes which in turn mess up other bits in other mods... so people module manage those... which in turn mess up something else... etc.  - basically it's an issue with bases clipping into the ground during initial physics load, because your base is level but your terrain is not.  This is precisely why disconnected bases work so well.

I have noticed base are loaded with all inflatables deflated and after istantly inflate them, that make inflatables colliders apply a force to the terrain and if the force is enough the base jump.

Fixing the attach nodes with the attack points a bit more high versus terrain fix this problem and i'm not experiencing more base jumping with that.

Sorry for my bad english

Regards Luca

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Right, but you end up just shifting which bits hit the ground first - it ends up becoming a circular chase.  

Nope because the lander frame is over legs colliders and don't have problems and with those changes the hub is at the same level versus terrain and don't apply forces, you can notice the differences with 1 Anchor Hub, 1 Landing frame and 1 rigid tube and mount them over the runway with kis

Double checking my math. It appears that each supply is worth 0.1132 Food, 0.0748 Water, and 11.4669 O2, while each mulch is worth 18.8001 CO2, 0.1809 Wastewater, and 0.0195 Waste.  This was all done under the assumption that equivalent drymass tanks hold an equal amount of supplies, finding equivalent tanks, and determining the ratios.  I'm gonna see if I can dynamically substitute supplies for each of Food/Water/O2 and ditto for Mulch with CO2, Wastewater, and Waste.

Well that took entirely too long with silly mistakes and trying to be "elegant".  In the end I basically brute-forced the simple approach, and learned a fair bit in the process.  Pull request is up and verified to be working.

I can't get many of the Kolonization parts (Smelt-o-matic, Power Pack, Regolith Sifter) to attach to either the Colony Hub or the Anchor Hub "in-game". I can get them to attach in the VAB but not with a Kerbal in the field.

I can attach Flex-o-Tubes and Kolony Tubes in the field but I can't take the other things like {Smelt-o-matic, Power Pack, Regolith Sifter} out of Inventory and attach them with a Kerbal in-game.

I've read through the thread about things like using "R" to change node, but that doesn't seem to help.

Steps to Replicate

1. Load up a Command Pod and Kolony Hub with various parts and Wrench

2. Launch to launchpad

3. Exit the vehicle with Bill Kerman (with Wrench equipped)

4. Once outside open Kolony Hub Inventory and grab part

5. Attempt to attach "press H + left click"

Expected Behaviour: Part attaches

Actual Behaviour: Error message; "This node cannot be used for surface attach"

Also tried:

• Pressing "R"
  • Attaching to other things like Girder Segment, or a Kontainer
  • Changing the orientation to something that looks like it should attach

I got the impression from the wiki and the title graphics for this mod at the start of this forum topic that I should be able to assemble something like example base in the field from unpacking things out of Inventory. But don't seem to be able to do this.