[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

17 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

ILM storage capacity increases x1000 when inflated, as they are meant to be used for bulk storage/logistics once on-site. The hab and ag modules include their full storage capacity even when deflated so that you can ship them out fully loaded.

interesting. thanks. from my brief test i didn't notice the TAC-LS resource capacities increase after inflation, but i could be mistaken. will check.

EDIT: well, this is weird.

relevant config from my TAC-LS patch:

MODULE
{
	name = FSfuelSwitch
	resourceNames = Dirt,Ore;MaterialKits;Food,Water,Oxygen;RareMetals,ExoticMinerals;Waste,WasteWater,CarbonDioxide
	resourceAmounts = 35,7;70;1.097,0.725,111.038;35,35;0.1,0.924,95.913
	initialResourceAmounts = 0,0;0;0,0,0;0,0;0,0,0
	tankCost = 3500;3500;3500;3500;3500
	hasGUI = false
	basePartMass = 0.75
	tankMass = 0;0;0;0;0
}

on launch we see the expected values (1.097 food, 0.725 water and 111.0 oxygen)

sOX6lkI.png

the config values for USIAnimation are:

MODULE
{
	name = USIAnimation
	deployAnimationName = Deploy
	inflatable = true
	inflatedMultiplier = 100
}

which to me suggests it should multiply the initial RESOURCE values by 100 when you deploy the structure. however. after deployment, food is multiplied by 100, water by 10k, and oxygen by nothing. which is... unexpected. 

f8YmfDC.png

on retracting, everything is divided by 100, as expected (but we now have different max values for everything). 

q2QaPCY.png

REdeploying a second time, we get:everything multiplied by 100.

vFwnThM.png

my second set of TAC-LS waste products also displays weird behaviour. start values are again correct.

T28nxzl.png

on deployment, waste is multiplied by 10k, wastewater by 10k, and CarbonDioxide by 100.

gvqjvES.png

on retraction they are all divided by 100:

rA3tW9C.png

@RoverDude: any suggestions? it seems the the FIRST call to USIAnimation (the initial deploy) is borked, but subsequent deployments/retracts are fine. should i open a git ticket? note that the USI stuff works as expected (raw materials, refined goods, and commodities all are multiplied by 100x on deploy, /100 on undeploy).

Edited by speedwaystar

A couple of issues after the last update (https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS-LITE/releases/tag/0.3.2.0):

1. It looks like the Hab module has no more resource converters anymore. I can reproduce this on a new ship, and also with a fresh install. The actual part .cfg file also seems to lack any type of resource converter modules. In fact, other than the agricultural module, nobody seems to have a converter that deals with actual life support http://imgur.com/7RTACg7. I also didn't see any modules related to that in USI-LS.
  2. Replacement parts appeared across several of the MKS-Lite parts. I thought these were only part of the full MKS chains?
  3. Can't figure out a way to build rocket parts. The workshop makes material kits, and the smelter makes other stuff now.
Edited by entropy--

Dear Roverdude,

I seem to be having an issue with a couple of parts in MKS Lite. I flew a container with the unmanned base/scout module and some inflatables in it to minimus. Used KIS to place the scout and the inflatables and connected the scout to power/rest of the base. However, the "deploy" button was missing on the scout so I could not deploy its legs. Also, the storage inflatable could deploy/inflate normally, but the lab inflatable had no button to inflate it either (a kerbal could fit inside and it had the science options, but no inflate or extend antenna. So it's stuck deflated. 

While I'm at it, another question: is there any option to change the contents that a storage module stores when deploying it from a container? I know contents can be changed in the VAB - but if flying the part out and installing it there, is there any way to choose/change contents from the default ore/dirt combination?

Edited by liTWave

On 2/21/2016 at 4:38 PM, speedwaystar said:

@RoverDude: any suggestions? it seems the the FIRST call to USIAnimation (the initial deploy) is borked, but subsequent deployments/retracts are fine. should i open a git ticket? note that the USI stuff works as expected (raw materials, refined goods, and commodities all are multiplied by 100x on deploy, /100 on undeploy).

Go ahead and log a github issue - it's very likely something getting jinky because of how TAC-LS has orders of magnitude differences in it's resource consumption rates.

On 2/22/2016 at 1:31 PM, entropy-- said:

A couple of issues after the last update (https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS-LITE/releases/tag/0.3.2.0):

1. It looks like the Hab module has no more resource converters anymore. I can reproduce this on a new ship, and also with a fresh install. The actual part .cfg file also seems to lack any type of resource converter modules. In fact, other than the agricultural module, nobody seems to have a converter that deals with actual life support http://imgur.com/7RTACg7. I also didn't see any modules related to that in USI-LS.
  2. Replacement parts appeared across several of the MKS-Lite parts. I thought these were only part of the full MKS chains?
  3. Can't figure out a way to build rocket parts. The workshop makes material kits, and the smelter makes other stuff now.

1 is by design - no need for them anymore, as all it did was do organics to supplies and those were deprecated.  It now satisfies the hab requirements for USI-LS.

2.  The resource should be hidden, and while still used, wear is set to zero when you have USI-LS installed (i.e. you should see no wear indicator - if so, that's a bug) but the resources remain present (they just don't vanish over time).

3.  When EL is installed, it will want RocketParts and SpecializedParts instead (so 10% of your stuff gets shipped in).  This dovetails with OSE Workshop (i.e. I wanted to make sure UKS, OSE Workshop, and EL (when installed) used the same resource chain for consistency).  That being said - in the next release it will make the whole mix (MatKits plus SpecParts) directly from Ore in one go, for simplicity.  

(and advatage of moving some of the output chains closer to UKS in MKS-Lite is that it helps folks better transition to the larger colony mod).

5 hours ago, liTWave said:

Dear Roverdude,

I seem to be having an issue with a couple of parts in MKS Lite. I flew a container with the unmanned base/scout module and some inflatables in it to minimus. Used KIS to place the scout and the inflatables and connected the scout to power/rest of the base. However, the "deploy" button was missing on the scout so I could not deploy its legs. Also, the storage inflatable could deploy/inflate normally, but the lab inflatable had no button to inflate it either (a kerbal could fit inside and it had the science options, but no inflate or extend antenna. So it's stuck deflated. 

While I'm at it, another question: is there any option to change the contents that a storage module stores when deploying it from a container? I know contents can be changed in the VAB - but if flying the part out and installing it there, is there any way to choose/change contents from the default ore/dirt combination?

That sounds like a weird install issue - those buttons should most definitely be there.  And yes, you can do an EVA change of the contents of the various containers, etc. (this is built into FireSpitter).

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Go ahead and log a github issue - it's very likely something getting jinky because of how TAC-LS has orders of magnitude differences in it's resource consumption rates.

issue logged: https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS-LITE/issues/37

so resource space available after expansion is based on the consumption rates from TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg?

FoodConsumptionRate = 1.6927083333E-05
WaterConsumptionRate = 1.1188078704E-05
OxygenConsumptionRate = 0.001713537562385
CO2ProductionRate = 0.00148012889876
WasteProductionRate = 1.539351852E-06
WasteWaterProductionRate = 1.4247685185E-05

what does inflatableMultipier from USIAnimation do?

EDIT: even weirder. i set the resourceAmounts for food,water,oxygen to 1,1,1 instead of 1.097, 0.725,111.038 in an attempt to figure out what is going on, and to determine if the expansion is proportional to TAC's defined consumption/production rates. to my surprise, all three resources expand to 100 units on deployment. i'm all out of ideas :D

7rO5diq.png

Edited by speedwaystar

3 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

issue logged: https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS-LITE/issues/37

so resource space available after expansion is based on the consumption rates from TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg?

FoodConsumptionRate = 1.6927083333E-05
WaterConsumptionRate = 1.1188078704E-05
OxygenConsumptionRate = 0.001713537562385
CO2ProductionRate = 0.00148012889876
WasteProductionRate = 1.539351852E-06
WasteWaterProductionRate = 1.4247685185E-05

what does inflatableMultipier from USIAnimation do?

EDIT: even weirder. i set the resourceAmounts for food,water,oxygen to 1,1,1 instead of 1.097, 0.725,111.038 in an attempt to figure out what is going on, and to determine if the expansion is proportional to TAC's defined consumption/production rates. to my surprise, all three resources expand to 100 units on deployment. i'm all out of ideas :D

7rO5diq.png

Yep, it's getting a bit weirded out because your initial amounts are so small (i.e. the module anticipates roughly the same order of magnitude with the contents).

Just now, RoverDude said:

Yep, it's getting a bit weirded out because your initial amounts are so small (i.e. the module anticipates roughly the same order of magnitude with the contents).

seems fair enough. for the moment i'll just not use tiny initial amounts, i guess.

I hope I am missing something. 

I have installed the 3.2 version of MKS LITE and I can't figgure out how to close the life support loop.

How do you produce fertilizer now.

Is there not a way to have a remote base be self supporting now?

Edited by Dr Farnsworth

I ran into the same issue as Perry Apsis: my supplies ticking down by about 70 per second after switching to my orbital station.  There are 17 kerbals on board, with 10 greenhouses and habs, and all modules that had recyclers had them active.

There were no USI-related entries in KSP.log at all so I can't give you much to go on. Will experiment with it tomorrow when I won't fall asleep while KSP slowwwwwwly loads... but it was working fine before I'd switched away from the statio for about 40 game days.

Edited by bonesbro

0.3.3 - 2016.03.02
------------------
Logistics pulls are now restricted to warehouses
Warehouses can be toggled
3.75m and 5m kontainers and tanks are now distributed warehouses and participate in planetary logistics
Kontainer price fixes (thanks zajc3w!)
Various fixes to EL resources (thanks jd284!)
Added the Crush-O-Matic for converting dirt into fertilizer

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

You'd have to do some config editing as well.

I tried it yesterday by copying the config, model and texture, as well as changing the location in the config, but it didn't seem to work. If its not to much of a hassle, would you be able to help me out?

Edited by bananashavings
but --> by

20 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

I tried it yesterday by copying the config, model and texture, as well as changing the location in the config, but it didn't seem to work. If its not to much of a hassle, would you be able to help me out?

I wouldn't be surprised if the akademy needs some piece of the MKS .DLL (for module Akademy).  The big potential issue will be trying to have both the MKS and MKS-L .dll in the same game.  This is probably something that would have to be done in programming.

Honestly once you start adding the large MK-III modules to MKS-L you really start getting away from what MKS-L is supposed to be, in my opinion at least.

19 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the akademy needs some piece of the MKS .DLL (for module Akademy).  The big potential issue will be trying to have both the MKS and MKS-L .dll in the same game.  This is probably something that would have to be done in programming.

Honestly once you start adding the large MK-III modules to MKS-L you really start getting away from what MKS-L is supposed to be, in my opinion at least.

Damn, I used to use MKS/OKS but I never really had any use for most of the parts except for ones that related to UKS-LS, which is why I switched. Im starting a new game and MKS-L fits what I need just about perfectly, but I really want to make stations a bit more interesting by adding the Akademy Module. Ill consider going back, but MKS-L is more suited for me.

3 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Damn, I used to use MKS/OKS but I never really had any use for most of the parts except for ones that related to UKS-LS, which is why I switched. Im starting a new game and MKS-L fits what I need just about perfectly, but I really want to make stations a bit more interesting by adding the Akademy Module. Ill consider going back, but MKS-L is more suited for me.

True,  but since MKS has the MKS-L parts you can still use the full MKS and just ignore the parts you don't feel a need to use. memory use is light so the memory hit should be negligable.

5 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

True,  but since MKS has the MKS-L parts you can still use the full MKS and just ignore the parts you don't feel a need to use. memory use is light so the memory hit should be negligable.

Aight, I made the switch. Hopefully its good :D

How to put a Kerbal into the MKS-L Agroponics? I have 3 Kerbals at the Station, but crew transfer doesnt recognize the Scout Agricultural as available target.

mkBtByv.jpg

Edited by Tahib