[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

Thanks for this mod Roverdude, it is just want I needed.

Can someone tell me if we are still supposed to delete all of the parts from Extraplanetary Launchpads except for the stake, or has that changed?

I see base connection parts, which surprised me, back when I was following the full version long ago you were getting away from connected bases as they tended to explode, is that still an issue or did the squad fix the underlying issues?

• 1 month later...

If anyone is wondering if this mod is updated to 1.2, this is written on MKS changelog:

UKS, Kolonization, Konstruction, and MKS-Lite have all been merged into a single package, and we will be using the original mod name (Modular Kolonization System - MKS).

:)

On 10/12/2016 at 11:45 AM, Crabman said:

If anyone is wondering if this mod is updated to 1.2, this is written on MKS changelog:

:)

Does this mean any existing version of MKS-Lite and USI Kolonization Core should be deleted?

Edited by Bandus

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2016 at 7:27 AM, RoverDude said:

The functionality of MKS-Lite will be rolled into the main MKS mod as a config option once some of the collective dust settles.

I was just agreeing with the idea in my comment before yours.  I understood your earlier statement.  I think it's a great idea to make it an option in MKS rather than a separate download.

On 11/12/2016 at 1:49 AM, AmpCat said:

Is there something we can do in the meantime to get the functionality of MKS-lite? For example, a way to just extract fertilizer from ore, and not have to worry about replacement parts and the like?

FYI: USI Life Support adds that ability to one of the stock ISRU's

On 11/13/2016 at 7:07 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

FYI: USI Life Support adds that ability to one of the stock ISRU's

Thanks! I just figured that out. Also, in the config panel for USI-LS, you can set the maintenance factor (or something of that nature) to 0. The combination of the two gets exactly what I was hoping for. Until I'm brave enough to figure out the logistics of creating spare parts. Seems overly complicated from what I know right now.

3 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Thanks! I just figured that out. Also, in the config panel for USI-LS, you can set the maintenance factor (or something of that nature) to 0. The combination of the two gets exactly what I was hoping for. Until I'm brave enough to figure out the logistics of creating spare parts. Seems overly complicated from what I know right now.

No problem. Glad to help out where I can. If you want to see a good (if a little long) video tutorial on how to set up full MKS bases I would recommend checking out RD on twitch at  http://www.twitch.tv/roverdude. He hasn't streamed recently because working on the update but it shows basically the full set-up process of a mostly self-sufficient base. Also, a decent written tutorial/explanation can be found at the link below.

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but I didn't see an answer yet:

How do you do distribution warehouses and/or refueling logistics now? It doesn't seem to be working like it did a few months back. I'd like the ability to (while in space) just get close to a station to refuel a ship, rather than having to successfully dock. Docking is a pain. My only other option is EVA with refueling hoses. Likewise on the ground, so I don't have to dock/EVA to refuel landers.

Also, is it possible to land a ship with the right parts and take advantage of planetary logistics to suck up fuel/resources?

1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

No problem. Glad to help out where I can. If you want to see a good (if a little long) video tutorial on how to set up full MKS bases I would recommend checking out RD on twitch at  http://www.twitch.tv/roverdude. He hasn't streamed recently because working on the update but it shows basically the full set-up process of a mostly self-sufficient base. Also, a decent written tutorial/explanation can be found at the link below.

Thanks! I'm not a fan of videos, because I can't focus on two things at once. I like a good reference manual and text walk through. Videos are terrible to scrub back and forth through to get a quick reminder on how to do something. I appreciate the work put into them, but it just doesn't work for me.

I'll go take a look at that tutorial.

16 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but I didn't see an answer yet:

1. How do you do distribution warehouses and/or refueling logistics now? It doesn't seem to be working like it did a few months back. I'd like the ability to (while in space) just get close to a station to refuel a ship, rather than having to successfully dock. Docking is a pain. My only other option is EVA with refueling hoses. Likewise on the ground, so I don't have to dock/EVA to refuel landers.
  2. Also, is it possible to land a ship with the right parts and take advantage of planetary logistics to suck up fuel/resources?

1. AFAIK the warehouse module only works when landed so I think you'll have to dock (or just put a Klaw on the front of your ship and hit the other ship).
  2. First I need to explain how the warehouse module works. Anything with storage capacity that has this module will automatically balance all resources it can hold with other tanks with the warehouse module that are within 150m if you don't have a Logistics Hub nearby and up to 2k away if you do. The only storage options for Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer that include warehouses are the MK-V Saddle Tank or the Inflatable Storage Module. If you have either of these on your ship somewhere, once you land close enough, they will automatically partially fill every few seconds and then you can transfer the fuel out into your regular fuel tanks.
Edited by TheRagingIrishman

I'm staying with 1.1.3 and I wanted to look into this but you've removed all the releases. Can anyone provide a zip of the last release of MKS-L?

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/12/2017 at 9:51 PM, RoverDude said:

Eventually, it is on the list (but it's a long list).  Luckilly the main MKS mod is entering a pretty stable state which clears the way to sort out its config options.

Does this work with 1.2?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

@KerbolExplorer - Because this has been deprecated for ages, and was last compatible with 1.1.x.  Use regular MKS and turn off machinery consumption.  

Maybe you should just ask for the thread to be closed, to avoid confusion?