[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

Did the fix for changing the efficiency of the Recycler process on the Hab module get rolled out yet? This is the one where Mulch to Fertilizer was a 10:1 conversion instead of a 1:1 due to a missed decimal point.

There will be an update tomorrow :)

Yes, I have tree deposit of supplies from TAC Life Support, the circular ones with water, oxygen and Food... I will make a trial to use an storage from MKS.

hmm... try attaching them to the same hub the hab is on (i.e. no KAS pipes in the way), the little hexcans should work for that

Is anyone else having a heck of a time assembling bases with KIS? For three hours today, I was trying to build a test-run of a base on Kerbin. Sometimes I'd attach a module to the small Scout Hub and the whole thing would explode, sometimes the whole thing would flip. If I dropped a smaller module (power generator or sifter modules), they would go through the ground and explode.

For a minute there, once I had it all assembled, if I went to the space center and then back to the base, it would be totally gone forever if a Kerbal is not inside it.

Does anyone else have these issues? Or does it sound like a mod compatibility issue? I do have a lot of parts mods installed. Probably around 15 separate ones. Most of them don't use plugins, however.

Edit: I know the exploding ground thing was a KIS issue for a while, but they did something to fix it (at least with the stock parts.)

If you're starting with an anchor hub, anchor it to the ground first so it doesn't tip. Also be sure to always be on the latest version. Optionally, land in with a scout pod and it's hub and build your base from there.

Usual model for this is to anchor a few hubs, and wire them together with flex o tubes... or, just park a Karibou in the vicinity and you get automated resource transfer, so less flex o tubes to tempt the kraken. Lots of options :)

hmm... try attaching them to the same hub the hab is on (i.e. no KAS pipes in the way), the little hexcans should work for that

I don't understand it...

yaVHRRE.png

I attached an hexcans with KIS to the modules... I went away for two weeks (game time) and when I come back ... I have supplies in the outpost?

I am using TAC Life Support... the strangest is there 4 different modules connected by KAS tubes, 3 with habitats and the other one only with a launch pad. So I put two small cans on two and a normal can of food in one...

The amount of supplies is different (I can not do that with HyperEdit by mistake), the ones with low food only have 58 supplies in the habitat, the one with a normal can, have 200 supplies.

But that is not the only thing strange on that outpost... I produce a rocket, and when I detached it had 600 of ORE (of 1200)... I empty the tanks and I had always 600... When the ship fly away by 2.2 km the problem disappear. So I started to think that the problem is with EL. No with your mod.

hrm you should not be producing supplies with TAC-LS, could be something is missing from the config.

Organics definition is missing in resources

Edit

EnrichedUranium and DepletedUranium too

Edited by Badsector

0.0.6.0 IS UP

0.0.6 - 2015.10.16

------------------

USI Core updates (containers, reactors, etc.)

Added proper version file

(to fix the missing resource issue, grab Community Resource Pack - I'll bundle it in the next version).

(to fix the missing resource issue, grab Community Resource Pack - I'll bundle it in the next version).

Resources_fix.cfg

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Fertilizer
density = 0.001
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
unitCost = 5
isTweakable = true
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Organics
density = 0.001
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.5
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = DepletedUranium // Depleted fuel to preserve mass when burned, can be recycled
unitCost = 0
density = 0.01097000000
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = NONE
isTweakable = true
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = EnrichedUranium // Nuclear fuel
density = 0.01097000000
unitCost = 865.0000000
isTweakable = true
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = NONE
}

For who interested another patch for Snacks Support

Snacks.cfg

@PART[MKSL_HabModule]:NEEDS[Snacks]
{
!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter,Habitat] {}
!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter,Recycler] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceConverter
tag = Habitat
ConverterName = Habitat
StartActionName = Start Habitat
StopActionName = Stop Habitat
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Organics
Ratio = 0.0001
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Snacks
Ratio = 0.0001

DumpExcess = False
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Fertilizer
Ratio = 0.0001
DumpExcess = False
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = ElectricCharge
Ratio = 3
}
}
}

@PART[MKSL_ILM]:NEEDS[Snacks]
{
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {}
MODULE
{
name = FSfuelSwitch
resourceNames = Dirt,Ore;RocketParts,Organics;Snacks;RareMetals,ExoticMinerals
resourceAmounts = 35,7;7,35;35;35,35
initialResourceAmounts = 0,0;0,0;0,0;0,0;
tankCost = 3500;3500;3500;3500;
hasGUI = false
basePartMass = 0.75
tankMass = 0;0;0;0;
}
}

!RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Supplies]:FOR[KolonyTools]:NEEDS[Snacks]{}
!RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Mulch]:FOR[KolonyTools]:NEEDS[Snacks]{}

Edited by Badsector

This has probably been asked before, but could I have a way to make sure it is installed correctly?

I tried downloading it today but all that showed up were the "Logistics" and "Kolonization" icons in the VAB and whilst playing.

Thank you!

This has probably been asked before, but could I have a way to make sure it is installed correctly?

I tried downloading it today but all that showed up were the "Logistics" and "Kolonization" icons in the VAB and whilst playing.

Thank you!

This happens to me frequently with this mod and Kerbal Inventory System. I think it has to do with adding folders to the Parts list. Usually if you Alt-F12/Database/Reload All it will correct the problem.

Not sure what actually causes it, could be mod incompatibility - I do have around 30 other mods running, including memory intensive graphical mods.

My guess has always been it was a memory issue.

Don't move stuff around. I put everything in a specific folder for a reason, and am even nice enough to have a 'GameData' folder as the root to avoid confusion.

I know, and thank you for that, but when I tried it originally in that formation nothing worked.

Has this happened before?

- - - Updated - - -

This happens to me frequently with this mod and Kerbal Inventory System. I think it has to do with adding folders to the Parts list. Usually if you Alt-F12/Database/Reload All it will correct the problem.

Not sure what actually causes it, could be mod incompatibility - I do have around 30 other mods running, including memory intensive graphical mods.

My guess has always been it was a memory issue.

Alright, I will re-try this after my quick outing.

I'll download the mod again and leave the folders as they are. If it works, I'll post, if it doesn't, I'll F+12 and if that doesn't work, I'll also post.

Thank you everyone!

I had a similar memory issue with the Outer Planets mod, it wouldn't load any of the additive planets and after checking the logs, it's because it was reaching its memory cap and just stopped loading stuff.

are the kontainer parts a separate mod? if so are you allowed to bundle it like crp? i really like the containers and when i move to crp i might need to create a lots of new storage although kontainers already has everything necessary.

are the kontainer parts a separate mod? if so are you allowed to bundle it like crp? i really like the containers and when i move to crp i might need to create a lots of new storage although kontainers already has everything necessary.

They are now part of USI-Core

I can't speak for Roverdude, but I would probably suggest making it a recommended linked mod rather than bundle it. CRP is a framework that is pretty stable and doesn't change much. USI-Core on the other hand probably will change more often so if you tried to bundle it you would have the extra workload of having to keep your mod updated every time it gets updated.

They are now part of USI-Core

I can't speak for Roverdude, but I would probably suggest making it a recommended linked mod rather than bundle it. CRP is a framework that is pretty stable and doesn't change much. USI-Core on the other hand probably will change more often so if you tried to bundle it you would have the extra workload of having to keep your mod updated every time it gets updated.

thanks for pointing out this exists. i was not aware of that. this will be highly recommended at least and i might bundle it when things have settled and changes will not be so dramatic and frequent.