Transferring mined fuel?

Ya know i think Kerbal Attachment System should be made stock. The fact mining and fuel making is stock but no easy way to transfer fuel from the converter to storage or ship exists stock is a huge lack of completing the triangle.

In the absence of fuel hoses, the best way is to make a fuel truck that can drive around and supply fuel to a landed ship. It also makes precision landings somewhat less critical. All my rovers on Minmus have always been lacking in traction due to the low gravity, so here I'd probably equip the fuel truck with RCS thrusters to aid control. Hanging around a fuel refinery, operating in this way is hardly a problem.

This is my Mining Facility

LbjPXNR.jpg

And this is the rover that brings the processed Fuel over to the Ascent-Craft

It has a claw to attach to crafts that have no docking port, but as everything is alligned on the same height i could just dock them together.

For driving and braking I use only RCS.

MxJ48Sd.jpg

And here is the Ascent-Stage

bfwscY1.jpg

Hi,

I have taken the road less travelled. The mining bases are very cool and can generate a lot, but very awkward and complicated without KAS (as mentioned above). My needs are more modest, and it has been infinitely better to land a miner with about 2700-3300 ore capacity, fly back to an ISRU station with 5 orange tanks and docking ports and just fill them up. Docking to refuel in space is easy with mechjeb docking autopilot, it's easier than trying to attach stuff on the ground. To date, I never has a scenario where I needed that much fuel that this system could not satisfy.

I'm currently using KAS pipes to transfer from the mining platform to the resupply ship. I highly recommend this for the sheer panic attack it causes when you first attempt to EVA place a connector and realize you have no idea how KAS works, even though you read the instructions. I almost turned the platform over and did manage to knock an engine off of it. Great fun. I did get everything fixed... eventually. Future plans involve a rover/hauler, so dangerously close landings aren't necessary. I haven't tried docking ports or the claw yet. Both seem potentially lethal in my hands.

thats the least helpfull idea...

Idk about KIS but the idea of KAS as stock is VERY helpful. The sheer fact squad neglected a critical concept of a way to consistently transfer fuel from the mining and processing gear is stunning in its audacity and wholly unacceptable to be brutally blunt. Using KAS makes moving fuels from processing to delivery so much simpler, so again, helpful. Needs to become stock. Also unless something changed the claw be kraken bait

Don't use claws. Download KIS+KAS instead and support the idea of making it stock.

This, although I transfer the Ore up to the station (Minmus) and convert it there.

Why, because when you use the ISRU and enable all the fuels it will fill any ship that is docked.

SO can you say auto-fueling, yes I keep storage tanks of fuel for quick turnarounds as well.

I use the claw, but imho only docking ports and kerbals on EVA should be able to connect the fuel systems of two ships. It would be nice to have fuel ports with lines that kerbals can drag around and attach to other fuel ports. There needs to be more to do during EVAs.

You can easily not use the Klaw for this, it's a single player game after all. And you're thinking of Kerbal Inventory System/Kerbal Attachment System

I used to transfer with KAS, then KAS and KIS, but no more... too much too complicated for me just wanting fuel transfer. (my opinion!)

Now I use this great simple mod made by DMagic. EVA Resource Transfer - v2.0, works great for that purpose and quite simple.. :-)

I used to transfer with KAS, then KAS and KIS, but no more... too much too complicated for me just wanting fuel transfer. (my opinion!)

Now I use this great simple mod made by DMagic. EVA Resource Transfer - v2.0, works great for that purpose and quite simple.. :-)

This. If all you want is a fuel pipe, this is the way to go. KAS & KIS are overkill unless you're using them for other things as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.