[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

1 minute ago, hraban said:

Thank you, the Contares Space Agency wishes you a lot of fun and always good flight.

Ok and sorry i just forgot to put this in my question up wth the shuttle, are interiors on your todo list? Cus i think they would go EPIC with the mod. PEACE AND OUT!:D

Edited by Abpilot

6 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

managed to get the CX-37 back to the island runway, despite not having aerosurfaces.

It works, with exercise and sensitivity for fly.

5 hours ago, gc1ceo said:

Anybody had any luck with using the Hermes?

I mounted it on an Aliyana 5 per the manual and its incredibly unstable and flips most of the time unless I roll it to some really odd angles.

The problem has existed since KSP 1.2.2 and the associated slight changes to the aerodynamics as well as the fact that CD-HERMES and ALIYANA 5 have a conceivably bad COM. With additional stabilizing fins (from RIVER) and a steep ascent, a safe launch is possible.

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

It works, with exercise and sensitivity for fly.

The problem has existed since KSP 1.2.2 and the associated slight changes to the aerodynamics as well as the fact that CD-HERMES and ALIYANA 5 have a conceivably bad COM. With additional stabilizing fins (from RIVER) and a steep ascent, a safe launch is possible.

Ok good that I'm not completely crazy, I'll give it another try with some fins then. I did find that I had better luck reaching orbit with a steep ascent but I still had to be at weird roll angles to accomplish that. I think the issue is with the CD-HERMES more so than the ALIYANA 5 because other payloads I do on the ALIYANA 5 don't give me near the trouble.

23 minutes ago, gc1ceo said:

Ok good that I'm not completely crazy, I'll give it another try with some fins then. I did find that I had better luck reaching orbit with a steep ascent but I still had to be at weird roll angles to accomplish that. I think the issue is with the CD-HERMES more so than the ALIYANA 5 because other payloads I do on the ALIYANA 5 don't give me near the trouble.

CD-Hermes (and all other Space Planes) generates a lot of lift shortly after the start, which can not be completely compensated by the cardanic suspension of the engines alone. It was already the thought to use the Mod RetractedLiftingSurface for Hermes to set the lift during the start to zero. This would then be comparable to an optimized trim.

16 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Ok and sorry i just forgot to put this in my question up wth the shuttle, are interiors on your todo list? Cus i think they would go EPIC with the mod. PEACE AND OUT!:D

The creation of interior installations, ie IVA's, are planned, but the creation is lengthy, boring and, in my opinion, almost without added value for the gameplay. Sometime ...

20 hours ago, hraban said:

CD-Hermes (and all other Space Planes) generates a lot of lift shortly after the start, which can not be completely compensated by the cardanic suspension of the engines alone. It was already the thought to use the Mod RetractedLiftingSurface for Hermes to set the lift during the start to zero. This would then be comparable to an optimized trim.

I added a set of four River fins at the bottom of the main stages  and a t-configuration of three fins for each booster to bring the CoA down as far as I could. It's actually worked and somewhat stabilized, EUREKA! :)

Thanks for the explanation and advice!

7 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

@hraban can you take a look at the position of the suncatcher transform on the X-37B's solar panel or the collision mesh? if the vehicle is payload bay down, the panel reports that its blocked by the X-37B.

Please post a picture to visualize the problem. Thank you.

Cleaning up the workbench

Visual a military medium range rocket but for KSP planed as high altitude sounding rocket.

CPII-002,medium_large.2x.1504989101.png

tweakable relay antenna

HG-JAXA-Relay-001,medium_large.2x.1504989099.PNG

work on first EVA for BYOSSM modules

CSRK-HABITAT-IVA-002,medium_large.2x.1504989096.PNG

BYOSSM size comparision of modules

BYOSSM-3500,medium_large.2x.1504989094.png

build of NEM module from BYOSSM parts

BYOSSM-1875-NEM,medium_large.2x.1504989089.png

BYOSSM in space

BYOSSM-in-Space,medium_large.2x.1504989042.png

always thanks to SSTU for the outstanding Solar Panels!

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, Abpilot said:

Err can someone show me the contares blueprints for the PPTS anagra launcher (sorry dont know the name of the actual thing)

BTW i have actually been to a museum with with a prototype PPTS capsule looks EPIC!!

PPTS is named as FEDERAZIJA in contares. CTV-II is closer to the first and last PPTS studies but without the landing leg's.

XyjvLmO.png

The RIVER launcher craft file you can find in the craft-files download and a blueprint / building description in the contares 'illustrated construction book'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.