[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

8 hours ago, Beale said:

oof, cheeky!

It's a very nice part (But, my interest is more drawn to the Fuji!).
I wonder if this can be made more dynamic with compound parts (Aka the struts).

If you have an idea to run the cable connections "dynamically" then I'm waiting for the presentation. Good luck with it.

The Fuji-like system named "BERG" will receive two different service modules and one orbital module and run as a separate mini-mod under the category "Aborted Projects". With the release, it will probably take a while.

Edited by hraban

25 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

I do like your BAe capsule, did you stick with the 1.875m profile? I've opted for 2.5m but using the ~62.5% (or there about) reduction and it comfortably seats 6 in the 'recovery' role.

I find it amusing that we embarked on the same pod at roughly around the same time :D 

Alas, the model had been around since the completion of the Dassault Hermes. It was time to give a face in KSP, especially since the revision of the ALIYANA (older Ariane family) was completed. The option to enlarge the CBAe to 2.5m is given to the user with technical background. For "around 64% scale clutter" there is no comment.

9 minutes ago, Gunslinger1 said:

I'm having attachment issues. haha

The E_RK-1-100L engine's bottom node doesn't attache on the bottom. Not sure how to fix. 

change the following 2 rows in ..\Contares\Parts\Engines\E_RK-1-100L_F1250\E_RK-1-100_F1250.cfg

node_stack_top    = 0.0, 0.95, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.85, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

to (switch position of bottom and top to prevent KSP bug)

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.85, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

Sorry, a small bug, inherited from the beginnings of Contares

19 hours ago, hraban said:

change the following 2 rows in ..\Contares\Parts\Engines\E_RK-1-100L_F1250\E_RK-1-100_F1250.cfg

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.85, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

to (switch position of bottom and top to prevent KSP bug)

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.85, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

Sorry, a small bug, inherited from the beginnings of Contares

Awesome! Thank you! Great engines for a Carrak Launcher from Eyes Turned Skyward. 

On 30.11.2017 at 6:37 AM, Gunslinger1 said:

Awesome! Thank you! Great engines for a Carrak Launcher from Eyes Turned Skyward. 

ISP, thrust and weight correspond to the RD-190.

Btw.: The ETS Carrack based on solid Booster on first and second stage, including booster. Only the orbital injection 3rd stage is a liquid one.

Edited by hraban

Wow that's a flat capsule, how is that stable hanging on parachutes? Looking good model-wise but even more unstable than Orion.

Speaking of parachutes, I can't get a right click menu on the teardrop radial drogue chute. Are there not pressure/alt settings for that parachute?

1 hour ago, vossiewulf said:

Wow that's a flat capsule, how is that stable hanging on parachutes? Looking good model-wise but even more unstable than Orion.

Speaking of parachutes, I can't get a right click menu on the teardrop radial drogue chute. Are there not pressure/alt settings for that parachute?

The BERG capsule is very stable on reentry and rotates with low speed on parachutes.

The teardrop is a drogue chute for radial mount planed for TKS/VA capsule. With the last release 1.8.9 the teardrop has all functions and works well by me. Please check you installation. In release 1.8.8 the teardrop was included but not finished.

On 02/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, hraban said:

The interpretation of the Fuji project by Contares: BERG

BERG-complete-002,medium_large.2x.1512236254.png

I think the service module was really interesting, it's a shame it's so simplified here - or are you planning that for the second service module?

Edited by Beale

1 minute ago, Beale said:

I think the service module was really interesting, it's a shame it's so simplified here - or are you planning that for the second service module?

The second service module will be more detailed but the "project" pictures around the internet was very unclear about the tanks and structur to hold the solar panels.

8 minutes ago, hraban said:

The second service module will be more detailed but the "project" pictures around the internet was very unclear about the tanks and structur to hold the solar panels.

I have the old models if you would like to take a look, very close from all available sources.

3 hours ago, hraban said:

The BERG capsule is very stable on reentry and rotates with low speed on parachutes.

The teardrop is a drogue chute for radial mount planed for TKS/VA capsule. With the last release 1.8.9 the teardrop has all functions and works well by me. Please check you installation. In release 1.8.8 the teardrop was included but not finished.

I'm sure it will be reasonably stable in game, you wouldn't release it otherwise, but I meant the real-life version- I just looked it up, seems like it was never flown. Not sure I would want to be the first guy to fly it either, it's so short that its cross-section almost looks like a glider wing rib. Not sure how you'd stop it from swinging around on a real reentry.

Thanks on the drogue chute, and yep I still have 1.88. Just now upgrading finally to 1.31. I've been working on the upgrade for four hours now and still working through updating things.

7 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I'm sure it will be reasonably stable in game, you wouldn't release it otherwise, but I meant the real-life version- I just looked it up, seems like it was never flown. Not sure I would want to be the first guy to fly it either, it's so short that its cross-section almost looks like a glider wing rib. Not sure how you'd stop it from swinging around on a real reentry.

Thanks on the drogue chute, and yep I still have 1.88. Just now upgrading finally to 1.31. I've been working on the upgrade for four hours now and still working through updating things.

Btw.: Contares 1.8.9 is backward compatible with KSP 1.3.0

9 hours ago, Beale said:

I have the old models if you would like to take a look, very close from all available sources.

Hello Beale, I know your model for the FUJI project and I like it, but they are just replicas of little thoughtful artistic representations of an idea that was never really concretized.

First 'stand alone' Module-Mod from Contares 2.0.0 is ready for test:

Contares NBS contains at the beginning 3 kerbalized Space-Ships inspired by never build projects from human reality. The mod parts use non standard diameters. If you want interstages, decoupler and other coresponding parts get the Contares 1.8.9 mod.

BERG-complete-002,medium_large.2x.1512236254.png

BERG inspired by JAXA study FUJI (Command Module, Command Module Decoupler, Orbital Module, Service Module)

BAe-MRRC-002,medium_large.2x.1511026868.PNG

CBAe MRRC inspired by British Aerospace Multi Role Return Capsule

(Service and RCS Module, Command Module, Heatshield, Heatshieldprotection and Solar Panel)

P714-004,medium_large.2x.1510503112.png

Khi-P714 inspired by Chinese P-714 project 'Shuguang'

(Nosecone with integrated Antenna, Parachute compartment, Command Module and Service Module)

Download via DropBox: HERE

Edited by hraban

16 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

sweet..thank you.

what manufacturer name are the parts under? so I can search and get all the parts in the results window?

Manufacturer is always CONTARES. To use the search function take the tags bae, esa for BAe Capsule, fuji, berg, jaxa for BERG and  khi, 714 for the Chinese.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.