[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

A spacecraft that is based on the "Zarya" project of the 80's.

Start the engines, and they understand the name: english "dawn", german "Morgenrot"

Technical specifications:

Takeoff weight: 4.9 t

Diameter: 1.875m

Kerbonaut: 4

Integrated heat shield

Integrated RCS

Integrated maneuver, rescue and landing engines (16 pieces) with a total of 160 kN thrust.

A spacecraft that is based on the "Zarya" project of the 80's.

Start the engines, and they understand the name: english "dawn", german "Morgenrot"

Technical specifications:

Takeoff weight: 4.9 t

Diameter: 1.875m

Kerbonaut: 4

Integrated heat shield

Integrated RCS

Integrated maneuver, rescue and landing engines (16 pieces) with a total of 160 kN thrust.

Wow!

Love the RCS setup!

Are you saying the texture is the same and the color adjusted via Unity?

(i write extra slow ;) )

The basic texture of all capsules is the same. All capsules have now Tantares-gray colors.

For capsules with thermal blanket another shader and thus an additional Unity model is needed. For all types of Morgenrot change the texture format to .png so it's easily to exchange provided color variations of the thermal blanket btw. the complete texture.

That's the way it is.

So far, I missed the lattice stage decoupler that are so often seen on eastern rockets. Now I know why, this inconspicuous part is a polygon grave!

Possibly for this reason crashes KSP so much when the ALV 2nd stage is used?

IqtzzWp.png

The fear of generating "too many" polygons is rather nonsense for ksp. Ksp will bog down by physics load (active physics parts), not by polycount. Especially not in space.

We are talking quake-era polycount on most ksp models. I mean, how many are there on the interstage? Its only 24sided, each side about 14 quads or so per side for the lattice, maybe another 4 on the dome per side and a triangle for the bottom. Makes about 880 Tris. I've seen single, unoptimized parts with 360 THOUSAND Tris in. That is where performance starts to drop. (With an old 275GTX)

So should we optimize our parts: of course! Should we fear adding some more Vertices to greatly enhance visuals or to avoid coplaner Polygons? No!

Hraban,

This is a great addition to Tantares. Just wanted to stop by and say: Keep at it!

Lots of little parts, fun things to stick on stations especially, is always welcome in trying to make a unique little feeling of your own in KSP.

Hraban,

This is a great addition to Tantares. Just wanted to stop by and say: Keep at it!

Lots of little parts, fun things to stick on stations especially, is always welcome in trying to make a unique little feeling of your own in KSP.

Many thanks!

With the next update will appear further, more or less useful, definitely eye-catching items.

Planned are:

- 4.0m station boom with triangular cross section and 0.625m nodes

- The "Khleb" periscope (Camera function planned)

- The lattice framework Decoupler

and much more

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.