[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

Stunning Job here as well!!

Contares and Tantares now really make up the core of my Space Program.

Best mods in my opinion.

As I personally prefer the Tantares Gemini but do not like tweak-scaling that much: Is there anything you have or plan to launch the Gemini properly as it is a little wider?

Keep up the great work!!!!

Best mods in my opinion.

As I personally prefer the Tantares Gemini but do not like tweak-scaling that much: Is there anything you have or plan to launch the Gemini properly as it is a little wider?

The CONTARES Gemini is sized to be 1.875m, Hraban just released a Titan-esque rocket for that purpose.

Best mods in my opinion.

How CobaltWolf has already written, there is a (Titan II) version in tantares style with the appropriate dimensions and engines.

Regarding the inflatable habitat I'm probably arrived very close to the final point.

Now the question arises what type of habitat it should be?

I tend to 2 versions:

1. A laboratory for 2 Kerbals.

2. A Sleep and Sport Habitat for up to 3 Kerbals.

There are so far only one laboratory module under the flag of Tantares and this is technically a bit outdated (MIR-Style Quantum ... cough!).

Well, if you wanted you could have two different textures and two different cfg files to make the two separate parts. By 'tend to two versions' do you mean you want to do both or that you have two ideas?

The module in different finishes to be used for multiple purposes would be almost too easy. :wink:

However, to me is very important to your opinion and i'm interested to know what function will have the first inflatable habitat.

What if you reuse the model with a slightly alter texture for a lab version? So 2 distinct parts. Looks like cobaltwolf said the same. Well a hab won't really have function really more aesthetics. What differences would you make between the 2 choices? If you are going to design a lab or somethIng I think that would be very interesting. I just wondered what you would make different to better make a real choice.

Edited by Svm420

What if you reuse the model with a slightly alter texture for a lab version? So 2 distinct parts. Looks like cobaltwolf said the same. Well a hab won't really have function really more aesthetics. What differences would you make between the 2 choices? If you are going to design a lab or somethIng I think that would be very interesting. I just wondered what you would make different to better make a real choice.

Well lab would only be able to hold, say, two Kerbals while a hab would hold 4.

An idea is not lacking. Unfortunately, does UNITY not participate in a lot of ideas. So, for example, fold boom for (attachable) experiments. So it will probably come down to visual differences. Two versions, one as a laboratory, and one as Kerbal storage container ;)

@CobaltWolf

4 Kerbals in one inflatable Habitat with 2m length and Ø 2.5m? This gives a case of group-cuddle. :):P

An idea is not lacking. Unfortunately, does UNITY not participate in a lot of ideas. So, for example, fold boom for (attachable) experiments. So it will probably come down to visual differences. Two versions, one as a laboratory, and one as Kerbal storage container ;)

@CobaltWolf

4 Kerbals in one inflatable Habitat with 2m length and Ø 2.5m? This gives a case of group-cuddle. :):P

Fold boom for attachable experiments? I don't understand but it sounds interesting.

Group-cuddle. O_O Isn't that roughly the size of the hitchhiker can though?

Fold boom for attachable experiments? I don't understand but it sounds interesting.

Group-cuddle. O_O Isn't that roughly the size of the hitchhiker can though?

Hitchhiker Storage Container is a little larger. By roundings and the internal strut's the inflatable habitat would offer less space in comparison.

The idea of folding mounts to attach experiments in VAB will not work with UNITY and KSP.

Well, Processing Unit and Crew Storage are ready. First one in blue, second in green.

I have no own IVA's so i use stock LAB and Hitchhiker IVA as workaround.

Edited by hraban

Hitchhiker Storage Container is a little larger. By roundings and the internal strut's the inflatable habitat would offer less space in comparison.

The idea of folding mounts to attach experiments in VAB will not work with UNITY and KSP.

Well, Processing Unit and Crew Storage are ready. First one in blue, second in green.

I have no own IVA's so i use stock LAB and Hitchhiker IVA as workaround.

Hmm. While you couldn't do it in the VAB, you could assemble external experiments in orbit using KIS/KAS. Similar to N3h3mia's science mods.

INB4 1.4 update post

EDIT: There are some pretty bad texture seams on the inflatable habs. Perhaps add stitching or something to cover them up?

The optics of the inflatable habitat is intentional. It should look like a rubbery, not quite flat surface, which has clearly visible glue edges.

The violent transitions in brightness due to the bumpmap will be adjusted yet. At the moment there is no better bumpmap available but in labor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.