[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

right, it's overloaded with "stars and stripes".

Stop, you're making me feel bad about planning to build a ton more US launchers :P But what other ones are there to do? Tantares took care of Black Prince / Europa, Black Arrow and Ariane V... You have Ariane 1... What more is there? Do they have any more proposed stuff?

well,

India, Japan, China.

And do it with the old US Rockets. Newer ones was more or less US with licence builded russian engines :P

Hey, hey! We still build some of our own stuff. The only important lifter I know of that uses Russian engines is the Atlas V.

If you're thinking of doing Japanese rockets, some more 1.25m lifting SRBs in the vein of M-V would be cool.

Hey, hey! We still build some of our own stuff. The only important lifter I know of that uses Russian engines is the Atlas V.

Antares use two Kusnezow NK-33

Yes, i plan to made japanese rockets. Unfortunatly i'm not a great friend of the solid booster system of KSP.

The Ariyana (Ariane) project miss, like the River (Angara) project some parts.

Has anyone bashed together remotetech configs for these antennas? I may if/when I have the free time, if that ever happens... :( But, if someone had already, hey....!

I looked through the thread, but I didn't see anything. Thanks!

Also, really cool mod!

Has anyone bashed together remotetech configs for these antennas? I may if/when I have the free time, if that ever happens... :( But, if someone had already, hey....!

I looked through the thread, but I didn't see anything. Thanks!

Also, really cool mod!

Remote Tech i have not been used. If you could provide suggestions and a corresponding configuration file would be excellent.

Honestly,

I do not like the new patch. For some reason, no longer defined Collider was being used. Instead, the mesh objects are interpreted as convex mesh colliders. That sucks.

Is there a way to correct that?

Constructive suggestions?

Well, you only really need non-convex colliders for hollow parts. KSP 1.1 will not support non-convex colls anyway, so we can already upgrade our colliders. Now, if you have hollow parts, there's a rather simple way if going around this: You simply use basic meshes, apply a convex collider on those, and put them so that your model is covered with those. I've placed up to 14 basic colliders on one of my Payload Fairings, and there's no performance loss, since those basic ones only need very few memory. Also, parts which used non convex colliders before wil no longer glithch through other parts or "flow" through the ground.

I hope this helps you! :)

Well, you only really need non-convex colliders for hollow parts. KSP 1.1 will not support non-convex colls anyway, so we can already upgrade our colliders. Now, if you have hollow parts, there's a rather simple way if going around this: You simply use basic meshes, apply a convex collider on those, and put them so that your model is covered with those. I've placed up to 14 basic colliders on one of my Payload Fairings, and there's no performance loss, since those basic ones only need very few memory. Also, parts which used non convex colliders before wil no longer glithch through other parts or "flow" through the ground.

I hope this helps you! :)

That makes a lot of work, but it works.

Well, the next update must then make do without these subtleties.

Thank you Kartoffelkuchen!

Today still stand at a couple of craft files and subassemblies.

For those who for thinking too lazy and those who are themselves unable to cope with the operation of a screwdriver ;)

Edited by hraban

CONTARES 1.5.3 is available

News:

CTV Crew Transport Vehicle (Based on ESA studies)

ATV Service Module

Small Parts for CTV and ATV

BTG2S MiniTucana (Reusable Command Pod with optional parachutless landing option)

Tantares APAS compatible Docking Ports in 0.625, 0.9375 and 1,25m Ø

Craft Files for all new Pods

Basic subassemblies for RIVER, ALIYANA, TITANIA, TAROCKOT and MU launchers

Edited by hraban

dimovski said:
What a treat, 2 'tares updates in a single day... Seid ihr etwa aufeinander abgestimmt? ;)

This is a case of noncommunication match. :wink::D

(Das ist ein Fall von kommunikationsloser Übereinstimmung.)

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.