[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

1 hour ago, TimothyC said:

I really like the look of the parts, but I also like to run a clean install (thus I tend to trim down mods to only what I use). What is the minimum I need from Tantares for Contares to work?

1 hour ago, Nowater said:

I want to install contares over ckan, but get Module RealPlume has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP

The Contares capsule K150 uses the IVA of Tantares/Spica and KhiKa uses the IVA of Tantares/Soyuz. Is Tantares not installed the crews of these pods are not displayed and an IVA is not possible. Otherwise Contares is to operate smoothly without Tantares / TantaresLV.

As described on the first page is RealPlume necessary to obtain reasonable sound effects and engine-effects. Contares runs without RealPlume, however it can lead to strange or no sound and engine effects.

Contares Although listed on CKAN however I recommend the manual installation.

Actuall RelaPlume is compatible to 1.0.5. Take a look at GitHub.

Edited by hraban

The next update is coming up and so today there are again pictures from the workshop.

The CandyBox is a small 0.625m capsule for returning soil samples, ore and scientific experiments.

With KhiLm and KhiLab the Chinese series is initially completed. KhiLab is, the Tiangong-1 space station modeled for two Kerbals. KhiLm is the associated service module with water and air conditioning. The laboratory needs light and a functioning airlock.

Not shown are 4 types of RCS blocks with 4, 3, 2 or 1 nozzle. All nozzles have a base angle of 22.5 degrees to the installation level.

The lander module with 1.875m diameter and radial tanks will have to wait a while. Like the concept, but I'm still not satisfied with the appearance of the radial component.

With the experience gained from the Zenit engines (RD-171, what a performance monster) I have the thrust of many engines revised again.

For the launcher Arijana (Ariane) other components are planned, but will not succeed in the next update it.

17 hours ago, Beale said:

Yes there is :)

Any pictures of the Arijana WIP?

Not yet.
Texture work on PAP and PAL are still ongoing. Also the engines.
Small parts such as the separator-solid rockets still need to be built.

48 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ariane IV always looks so fragile to me. *shudder* Looking good though. I love the name (Aliyana)

Fragil that hits it! It is not always necessary to use more powerful engines when the material science dominates and competent engineers are hard at work. Not for nothing the Ariane 1 to 4 was the most successful and safest Launcher for scientific and commercial payloads.

Aliyana 44 PL+ Launch

Edited by hraban

32 minutes ago, hraban said:

Fragil that hits it! It is not always necessary to use more powerful engines when the material science dominates and competent engineers are hard at work. Not for nothing the Ariane 1 to 4 was the most successful and safest Launcher for scientific and commercial payloads.

Aliyana 44 PL+ Launch

*shudder* That's why I dropped out of the engineering track and become an artist. I could (still can't) get over hopelessly over engineering everything. I'm probably the last person who you'd want to design something light, like a LEM.

I was about to say that it's funny to me that the Ariane line is virtually unheard of to the American public, compared to all of our launchers. I had certainly never hear of Ariane before I started getting involved in KSP. But thinking about it, I suppose that the average American doesn't know / wouldn't recognize anything space related besides the Shuttle, Apollo/Saturn and maybe Mercury + Gemini.

Edited by CobaltWolf

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, hraban said:

New small Parts in progress

yCQilsz.png

A) lightweight transmitting and receiving antenna
B) K-Sensor (earth sensor)
C) radar altimeter
D) Pok-E-Mon reconnaissance capsule

8 minutes ago, hraban said:

yCQilsz.png

C) radar altimeter

Is that the Ranger antenna? Well @CobaltWolf looks like we don't need to do that anymore. :P

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is that the Ranger antenna? Well @CobaltWolf looks like we don't need to do that anymore. :P

1 hour ago, hraban said:

The capsule looks funny but is modeled on the reconnaissance satellites of the Zenit-class.

Yes it is!

Mine's different looking tho :PBut Hraban's looks better...

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Mine's different looking tho :PBut Hraban's looks better...

Write it readable CobaltWolf: "... But hraban's looks better ..." :lol:

Thank You!

Seriously, how can I use the "DMagic animation and science thing" of your cameras for my reconnaissance capsule?

Pok-E-Mon has no animation but i will use the science-funding with the camera. If i use the Module {} ... the part will lift off and drift away.

1 hour ago, hraban said:

Write it readable CobaltWolf: "... But hraban's looks better ..." :lol:

Thank You!

Seriously, how can I use the "DMagic animation and science thing" of your cameras for my reconnaissance capsule?

Pok-E-Mon has no animation but i will use the science-funding with the camera. If i use the Module {} ... the part will lift off and drift away.

It is a very useful module even if you're not animating! Your best bet is to get the reference CFG from the thread and edit it as needed.

I would be very happy if more people started using it, since then it would be more of a standard and it wouldn't just be me and @AlbertKermin bugging him to update it :P

On 2/2/2016 at 4:05 PM, hraban said:

yCQilsz.png

C) radar altimeter

I will keep an eye out for the new release and get an RT patch together for the new antenna if needed.

4 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I will keep an eye out for the new release and get an RT patch together for the new antenna if needed.

Thank you!

If all works well, the new release become a lot of antenna- and radar-dishes. So an SAR-LUPE dish, the Com-Dish from Shenzhou, framed dishes from various satellite.

Edited by hraban

6 hours ago, hraban said:

Thank you!

If all works well, the new release become a lot of antenna- and radar-dishes. So an SAR-LUPE dish, the Com-Dish from Shenzhou, framed dishes from various satellite.

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of all your antennas + dishes? I have a lot planned for my next update and I'd like to minimize overlap. So if any of yours look too close to mine I can edit mine to look different.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.