[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

11 hours ago, hraban said:

What do you think about the ESA IXV?

Hide contents

PJEHr0l.png

BTW, the GOGI Spaceplane is ready to launch. Possibly tomorrow may be provided a BETA.

That's cool! You're making quite a few nice models! Hope they fly as well as Pinbol

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

That's cool! You're making quite a few nice models! Hope they fly as well as Pinbol

GOGI flying not quite as soft and beautiful as PINBOL. This is mainly due to the changing center of mass at different payloads. Based on the model design, the applied collider are not nearly as consistent as in PINBOL or RLV-TD (K). It still lacks a variable adapter system to place GOGI on different launchers.

BETA for all Contares Spaceplanes is ready for download:

Please remember, this is a BETA. All suggestions are wellcome.

The BETA includes:

- PINBOL (Kliper) for comparision
- REX Free Flyer for comparision
- REX M for comparision
- RLV-TD(K) ISRO replica 
- GOGI fictional spaceplane with cargo bay

Please have always an eye on the CoM and CoL of GOGI and RLV-TD(K). Use the REX MONO large engine for both. On GOGI two, on RLV-TD(K) one!

Texture of RLV_TD(K) is not finished!

DOWNLOAD via dropbox here: Contares Spaceplanes BETA

Installation: Copy the 'Contares' folder into the KSP 'GameData' directory. If you have installed 'Contares' overwrite the existing files.

2 minutes ago, CommanderSpock said:

@hraban how about the dreamchaser?

There's a outdated Dreamchaser mod, ask for update :wink:

The American Parts i leave like other modders. The Dreamchaser is as ugly as the MiG-105, Hermes, X-24A, M2-F3 and HL-10.

Prefer build something ugly? I do not think so :wink:

8 minutes ago, hraban said:

There's a outdated Dreamchaser mod, ask for update :wink:

The American Parts i leave like other modders. The Dreamchaser is as ugly as the MiG-105, Hermes, X-24A, M2-F3 and HL-10.

Prefer build something ugly? I do not think so :wink:

Mhmm don't call the MiG-105 ugly! It's literally W O N D E R F U L 

Edited by trooperMNG

18 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

EDIT : the Mig 105 is beautiful , how can you say that?

I can do it! :P Finally, I had to build it and the experience tells me - it's a mad effort for something that hurts my eyes.

Edited by hraban

Out of curiosity... I tried the GOGI and Rex unmanned with FAR.. First the sad bit, true for most of the space-plane mods been and gone (I think).. Being all one part, it is difficult if not impossible to set up GOGI correctly. FAR assumes separate parts for each wing and then you set the wing up. The non-wing parts though are calculated with voxel magic... That means that GOGI actually does fly quite well as a lifting body, but landing is.. a challenge. 

@hraban I know FAR isn't your thing, but the only thing needed for it to work nowadays is the wings, and the simulation behind it is amazing. 

Ps. the models are cool. Just the kinda thing I missed. Their single-partedness is cool too. Thanks.

Edited by plausse

1 hour ago, hraban said:

@plausse thank you, defying heavy translatable contribution.
What should I now write without repeat?

I think you have a good point, and I just thought it was interesting.

Something completely different:
You made textures for procedural parts before - adapted from Tantares I think? Now you have quite a lot more done, would you consider adapting some of your textures?

On 26/06/2016 at 1:41 PM, hraban said:

BETA for all Contares Spaceplanes is ready for download:

Please remember, this is a BETA. All suggestions are wellcome.

The BETA includes:

- PINBOL (Kliper) for comparision
- REX Free Flyer for comparision
- REX M for comparision
- RLV-TD(K) ISRO replica 
- GOGI fictional spaceplane with cargo bay

Please have always an eye on the CoM and CoL of GOGI and RLV-TD(K). Use the REX MONO large engine for both. On GOGI two, on RLV-TD(K) one!

Texture of RLV_TD(K) is not finished!

DOWNLOAD via dropbox here: Contares Spaceplanes BETA

Installation: Copy the 'Contares' folder into the KSP 'GameData' directory. If you have installed 'Contares' overwrite the existing files.

yaaaaay <3

21 hours ago, plausse said:

Something completely different:
You made textures for procedural parts before - adapted from Tantares I think? Now you have quite a lot more done, would you consider adapting some of your textures?

Good idea but not for the next time. There is a lot of work to recompile many parts with effects. Now i have a workaround to realize emissive effects and animations with unity 5.2.4f. The reworked parachutes waits long time for an update also many of the engines.

Edited by hraban

Hi Hraban, 

Maybe you have already have this done, but would it possible to have a list or outline of what each of the parts in the mod are.

As the mod part list grows I want to use some but not all of the parts, but I don't know which ones to remove without booting up ksp and making a list?

Its just I've reached my limit and my game keeps stalling.

Would this be possible?

Edited by Amhran

22 hours ago, Amhran said:

As the mod part list grows I want to use some but not all of the parts, but I don't know which ones to remove without booting up ksp and making a list?

Most of the Parts was organized by own directorys in the contares/parts directory. There are no plugins or parts that kill's KSP by deleting but you can kill your savegames.

I work on a Manual to build Launchers, Spaceships and Spaceplanes but this need time. The search-function by tags is very helpfull to find the fitting parts.

I don't know what mass of mods you load to bring 64Bit KSP on the limits? If you want more help call me by PM.

Is there a list somewhere of what contares craft goes with what real-world craft, where applicable? I've been looking, and I'm unsure if I'm just not looking in the right place. (Example: the "Khi-" stuff corresponds to the Shenzhou, and the Krepir is the Dnepr.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.