[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

We're also doing Apollo, yes, so that's good.

Is that the Apollo docking port just without the probe attatched, or is that the passive one like found on the LEM?

No, that is far from Apollo. It looks similar. The Probe is an detachable part. It is rather the question of whether the device should be built extended or retracted variant. The basic module shown will be modified that it can theoretically be used with Probe as an active and without a passive docking port. For this purpose it would set the Probe in VAB as Shroud to display/hide.

20 minutes ago, hraban said:

No, that is far from Apollo. It looks similar. The Probe is an detachable part. It is rather the question of whether the device should be built extended or retracted variant. The basic module shown will be modified that it can theoretically be used with Probe as an active and without a passive docking port. For this purpose it would set the Probe in VAB as Shroud to display/hide.

Why don't you just use the Gendered docking port feature available in stock KSP instead of making some elaborate system like that?

More from development progress.

Spoiler

zPfwQoN.png

40 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Why don't you just use the Gendered docking port feature available in stock KSP instead of making some elaborate system like that?

@VenomousRequiem: In the proposed variant, there is only one model, and thus one part.

Edited by hraban

The project "kerbalized Apollo" is stopped.

It was, as the name suggests planned as KSP variant. It was not planned to create a 100% replica of this vintage. If you really look for a realistic variant may be with ideas and suggestions contact SSTU or live with FASA.

Edited by hraban

Once again, a preview of more important things. This time presented Contares the boom of ATV containing the approach radar. For KSP the head is additionally provided with a lens. Provided there is a functioning camera plugin is this installed.

The problems with the animations of the ATV, HTV and XC-37b solar panels are fixed.

Spoiler

v6xskZP.pngN80sHiS.pngneohMvL.png

Edited by hraban

End of unpopular project. It is not yet certain whether it will find its way into Contares. Perhaps as a separate mod. Capsule parachute cover, nose cone, simple male and female docking port.

Spoiler

UyHnpZz.png

How are you doing the parachutes? I've been struggling to wrap my head around the best way to set them up. I have a really confusing Unity thing I attempted last night involving the look at constraint module and a bunch of extra gameObjects but the part wont load in game.

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

How are you doing the parachutes? I've been struggling to wrap my head around the best way to set them up. I have a really confusing Unity thing I attempted last night involving the look at constraint module and a bunch of extra gameObjects but the part wont load in game.

Hello Cuddlewolpertinger,

do not be fooled by the appearance. In the picture are 3 Contares radially parachutes containers installed (0.3125m diameter). However, I have a concept of how the parachute system can be constructed. Actually I wanted to use the possibilities of partial transparency of Unity 5 for new parachutes, but Unity 5 want create parachutes not really work reliably. If time permits, I build the on with Unity 4.2.2 at this weekend.

It approaches the point at which I begin to hate Unity 5 and KSP-Tools!

What is the nonsense, compile the parachute Modules. It works with 3 other parachute models with identical structure of the scene.

Load(Model): Contares/Parts/UTIL/Parachutes/F35m_TRI 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
, , m_AnimatePhysics, UnityEngine.AnimationCurve 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
File error:
(null)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AnimationClip:SetCurve (string,System.Type,string,UnityEngine.AnimationCurve)
  at PartReader.ReadAnimation (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  
Model load error in 'D:\KSP_113\GameData\Contares\Parts\UTIL\Parachutes\F35m_TRI.mu' 

It was to convince a long night at Unity and Part tools which create the 3-compartment parachute correctly.

iMgzuxr.png

DCZMW4u.png

82VXGpT.png

Sorry, pictures comes separate. Imgur-Tool works not correct. Hope you like it.

Edited by hraban

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

how do this

We can write via PM about it.

8 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

by doing.

Yes super, with some assistance, it would have gone faster :P

6 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

giphy.gif

Needless because standard. :wink:

Edited by hraban

4 minutes ago, hraban said:

New Station Parts with 2.2m diameter fits perfect to launch with Aliyana 6. Unity 5 snapshot.

Reveal hidden contents

qFq9Kht.png

First Set of Engines with emissive effects. Ingame snapshots.

Reveal hidden contents

49YqlKi.png

Remember, the gasses are cooling as they leave the combustion chamber. The little choke point where the nozzle first starts should be the hottest, and the end of the nozzle should be the coolest.

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Remember, the gasses are cooling as they leave the combustion chamber. The little choke point where the nozzle first starts should be the hottest, and the end of the nozzle should be the coolest.

merlin1d_400273.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo3Zi3KqeutCZw1R4M2Gn

Without words

Edited by hraban

12 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I guess it all depends on the air pressure and the shape of the nozzle on the engine, huh? 

You're right, the hottest place on a rocket engine is in and directly at the exit of the combustion chamber, however, is usually best cooled. Except for very small engines that operate with or without a film cooling.

10 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Any plans to do the X-37c? (the full-sized man-rated version)

The X-37c is not even on the list of scheduled items. sorry.
The mod need at first a refresh on many parts, so 80% of parts will be create new with Unity 5. All old mbm-Files will be replaced with PNG.
Parachutes will be replaced by new models.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.