[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

9 hours ago, Colince411 said:

I wish there was a tutorial on how to create these rockets using the Contares mod.

After almost all parts follow the modular system of KSP these are used for all kinds of launchers. Surely there is a system that opens up when you use the search function and the deposited TAGS. On the pages of this posting many instructions are displayed which demonstrates the use of the parts.
After the mod was not designed to recreate real parts in perfection, it's up to you to use your imagination.
This mod is a One- Man-Event and therefore has a beautifully painted manual has been no great significance. Sure, the guide will come eventually. At least then, if I run out of ideas for new and changing.

more details about the upcoming new parachutes:

FS35 is ingame with triple parachute 34.5m and single parachute with 21.4m diameter. (Model has 35m diameter per chute). FS35 comes i different diameter for stack-mount (0.9375m and 1.2m. triple and solo version) and in a radial mount (0.3125m. solo version).

FS20 is ingame with triple parachute 19.3m and single parachute with 12.0m diameter. (Model has 20m diameter per chute. Comes in triple and solo version). FS20 comes only as radial version.

FS35-solo is the ideal parachute for Soyuz and Shenzhou.

FS35-triple and FS20-triple is the parachute for medium and heavy weight capsules.

FS20-solo is the best for small single Kerbal capsules and other light return-vehicle.

Pictures of:

FS35-triple / FS35-triple vintage

XHvnzhv.pngGjLE3ck.png

FS35-solo

eM1p2rJ.png

FS20-solo / FS20-triple

erktgFW.pnguuvGnE2.png

1 hour ago, hraban said:

The following figures are only ideas. What do you think?

1. The planned Russian spaceship "Federazija"
2. The fictional Chinese spaceship for 6 Kerbals with service module (short version)

Vlf3hxv.pngb4blq0D.pngoOiRuyT.png

But the "Federazija" is basically the PPTS? Or is there a difference between them? Because I'm pretty sure we already have a ppts...but I would personally would like to see some parts for the MIR 2 like the big solar panels and some trusses also maybe these 2 big antennas on the side or maybe some parts for OPSEK?

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

But the "Federazija" is basically the PPTS? Or is there a difference between them? Because I'm pretty sure we already have a ppts...but I would personally would like to see some parts for the MIR 2 like the big solar panels and some trusses also maybe these 2 big antennas on the side or maybe some parts for OPSEK?

PPTS was a cooperation between Europe and Russia. The "big Antennas" on MIR2 was no antennas, there are thermal-solar collectors.

7 hours ago, hraban said:

The following figures are only ideas. What do you think?

1. The planned Russian spaceship "Federazija"
2. The fictional Chinese spaceship for 6 Kerbals with service module (short version)

I vote yes to both. If you are willing to make them, I for one am willing to fly them. Keep up the outstanding work.

15 hours ago, Voidryder said:

I vote yes to both. If you are willing to make them, I for one am willing to fly them. Keep up the outstanding work.

If another command capsules should be added then it must be clear that the creation of IVA's delayed further. Anyone interested has to contribute its time and to help in the design of IVA's, in particular the positioning of the many small controls is welcome.

20 minutes ago, hraban said:

If another command capsules should be added then it must be clear that the creation of IVA's delayed further. Anyone interested has to contribute its time and to help in the design of IVA's, in particular the positioning of the many small controls is welcome.

if you find someone, feel free to send them my way once they're done :wink:

Just now, trooperMNG said:

@hraban should the "chin" be smaller? Because I don't know if it's me but I see it a little too big (maybe others can say something about it)

No chance. After careful consideration and the fact that the capsule with 12 thrusters to perform complex maneuvers, the width is predetermined.
All circulating on the Internet about the capsule are only artistic presentations. This is mine.

Federazija progress goes on.

The capsule comes in 4 variants:

- 6 Kerbals with additional payload of 0.8t (TACLS for 3 days) for orbital transmissions and crew transportation.
- 4 Kerbals with additional payload of 1.2t (TACLS for 15 days) for short time orbital missions.
- 3 Kerbals with additional payload of 1.4t (TACLS for 40 days) for long time missions (to the MUN).
- CARGO with 2.0t Payload +TACLS for 720 days (calculated on 1 Kerbal)

lUtUOsJ.pngMOGztON.png

basic service module is in progress

3 hours ago, hraban said:

Federazija progress goes on.

The capsule comes in 4 variants:

- 6 Kerbals with additional payload of 0.8t (TACLS for 3 days) for orbital transmissions and crew transportation.
- 4 Kerbals with additional payload of 1.2t (TACLS for 15 days) for short time orbital missions.
- 3 Kerbals with additional payload of 1.4t (TACLS for 40 days) for long time missions (to the MUN).
- CARGO with 2.0t Payload +TACLS for 720 days (calculated on 1 Kerbal)

lUtUOsJ.pngMOGztON.png

basic service module is in progress

Actually I kinda like the design. Maybe it was my fault because I was influenced by the designs I saw at russianspaceweb.com . Nice work, as always, @hraban!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.