[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

4 minutes ago, hraban said:

Excuse me, but neither i nor my translator can sense translate your sentence. What you want to ask?

The abort thrusters on the tower seem to stick out pretty far and I was wondering if that's how it was on the real one. 

Ich bin... Uh... sehr unwissend... My German is very rusty. 

Edited by VenomousRequiem

7 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

The abort thrusters on the tower seem to stick out pretty far and I was wondering if that's how it was on the real one. 

They probably would not be at a 45° angle, but at a steeper angle to the capsule. However, there is so far neither the LES or the capsule, let alone the supply and orbital module. Everything so far only planning and mind games. A few meaningless exhibition models. So my artistic freedom door is open :)

acts_lv_proposals_1.jpg

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, hraban said:

They probably would not be at a 45° angle, but at a steeper angle to the capsule. However, there is so far neither the LES or the capsule, let alone the supply and orbital module. Everything so far only planning and mind games. A few meaningless exhibition models. So my artistic freedom door is open :)

Maybe try to make the thrusters a little smaller, and angled down more, and see how you like it then. :)

On 27/06/2016 at 6:04 PM, hraban said:

There's a outdated Dreamchaser mod, ask for update :wink:

The American Parts i leave like other modders. The Dreamchaser is as ugly as the MiG-105, Hermes, X-24A, M2-F3 and HL-10.

Prefer build something ugly? I do not think so :wink:

Certain proposal of Hermes was attractive. I like very much the French " dassault " version.

These versions one forgotten in time....            It's a pity, it is my favorite version. :

Spoiler

1985%20dassault%2002.jpg

1985%20expo%20bourget.jpg

More information on this website (in french sorry) :  The story of hermes space shuttle

http://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/espace_europeen/hermes/1977_84.htm

An enormous thanking for your work, I am a fan

Sorry for my bad english (i'm french)

2 hours ago, Well said:

Certain proposal of Hermes was attractive. I like very much the French " dassault " version.

These versions one forgotten in time....            It's a pity, it is my favorite version. :

Reveal hidden contents

1985%20dassault%2002.jpg

1985%20expo%20bourget.jpg

More information on this website (in french sorry) :  The story of hermes space shuttle

http://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/espace_europeen/hermes/1977_84.htm

An enormous thanking for your work, I am a fan

Sorry for my bad english (i'm french)

The Dassault version of Hermes looks fine but unfortunatly there is no more detail view of the wing. To build a single part Version, the Hermes is to big.

The next minor update appears in the course of the weekend.

Version 1.7.5 brings:

- emissive effects on almost all RK-X rocket engines
- new RK-Z-0146 LOX / LH2 upper 1.5m (1,875 and 25.1 expected)
- solar panel for ATV
- docking radar for ATV
- Federazija capsule with orbital and service module and LES / ESC
- smaller LES C12 System
- some capsules equipped with additional light
- renewed Some textures
- some mbm textures replaced by PNG

- new parachutes and drogue chute

30 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

What about the MAKC? or the SpaceShip two?(altough they both need a big plane to be launched from...)

MAKC is to big for a one-part spaceplane. SpaceShip two - no thanks.

Edited by hraban

42 minutes ago, hraban said:

The next minor update appears in the course of the weekend.

I'm trying to reduce the size of your mod by deleting some folders I don't usually use. Is there a folder that contains shared textures or something that I shouldn't delete? The folders are pretty messed up, with some errors (the morgenrot fuel tank in structural for example)

1 minute ago, trooperMNG said:

I'm trying to reduce the size of your mod by deleting some folders I don't usually use. Is there a folder that contains shared textures or something that I shouldn't delete? The folders are pretty messed up, with some errors (the morgenrot fuel tank in structural for example)

The structuring of the directories is not yet complete and is completely reacted with the Master Release 1.8. Promised.

While the dimensions of SARNUS 5  will be discussed in the articles by BDB, Tantares (Beale) through the conversion of N1 thinking aloud, start Kerbals of Contares with the provisioned YENISEI-5 for Mun and make a detour to Minmus:D

Spoiler

TQnKNrF.png

1 hour ago, hraban said:

New release 1.7.5 is ready on spacedock

Hoo-ray! Now can resupply and swap out crew of Space Station Lada with beautiful Federazija. Cosmonauts Bob Kerman and Luusey Kerman will be overjoyed after spending record 268 days in orbit. Of course could have resupplied and changed crew earlier, but Mission Profile called for use of Federazija. And one does not simply deviate from Mission Profile. 

Edited by Voidryder

10 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

We have an SI, but our S-IVb for the SIb will be finished soon enough. :)

ohh yeah right I know but I was thinking about the SI and also about the J2 at the same time and my brain decided for some reason to merge it into S1B...:D

Edited by NeoFatalis

S1b was removed a while ago. Also all other Saturn and Apollo parts and BA-2. The only american like parts was the CX-37b and CX-20.

The focus is more on non american parts.

Edited by hraban

On 12/08/2016 at 3:40 PM, hraban said:

The Dassault version of Hermes looks fine but unfortunatly there is no more detail view of the wing. To build a single part Version, the Hermes is to big.

I understand, in the case or where your interest all the same, I created an album of all my photos of the shuttle Hermes of dassault:

link to Hermes Dassault aviation pictures

-------------------------------------

For the size, if you speak about the maneuverability, may be use stock part elevon for control ? For example, with de CX-20 i use an elevon 4 on the center for the control. is great.

--------------------------------------

Federazija look great thanks

16 minutes ago, Well said:

I understand, in the case or where your interest all the same, I created an album of all my photos of the shuttle Hermes of dassault:

link to Hermes Dassault aviation pictures

-------------------------------------

For the size, if you speak about the maneuverability, may be use stock part elevon for control ? For example, with de CX-20 i use an elevon 4 on the center for the control. is great.

--------------------------------------

Federazija look great thanks

Thank you for the Album. Thats very helpfull. You have a map of dimensions of the Dasault Hermes?

The Hermes "35"(dassault) has a 17,9 meter length and a 10.2 meter scale    (metric unit)

Wings in very oblique delta (74 degrees)

The cargo bay is a 35 cubic meters volume, 3 meter one diameter and a 5 meter lengt

2 minutes ago, Well said:

The Hermes "35"(dassault) has a 17,9 meter length and a 10.2 meter scale    (metric unit)

Wings in very oblique delta (74 degrees)

The cargo bay is a 35 cubic meters volume, 3 meter one diameter and a 5 meter lengt

Ok, then i think the best scale is always 50% of original. ~ 9m length and 5.1m wingspan. 1.5m Ø of cargo bay by a length of 2.5m. In this dimensions the Hermes carries 3 Kerbals.

1 minute ago, hraban said:

Ok, then i think the best scale is always 50% of original. ~ 9m length and 5.1m wingspan. 1.5m Ø of cargo bay by a length of 2.5m. In this dimensions the Hermes carries 3 Kerbals.

The real version would have take 3 has 4 astronauts. 3 kerbal would be completed I imagine, as cx-20

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.