[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

That huge conical thing behind the spaceplane with two symmetrically opening bay doors on both sides.
It could be used with other Contares spaceplanes, too.

A conical service module is planed but not for Hermes. The idea to build more reusable parts is in mind. Heatshields with integrated docking modules are in progress.

The model of Hermes is ready to texture and this point needs time. 10% of time to build the model, 70% of time for texturing and 20% of time to balance the part ingame!

17 hours ago, hraban said:

A conical service module is planed but not for Hermes. The idea to build more reusable parts is in mind. Heatshields with integrated docking modules are in progress.

The model of Hermes is ready to texture and this point needs time. 10% of time to build the model, 70% of time for texturing and 20% of time to balance the part ingame!

Oh yes, texturing it's a big job. But it's so important for the final aspect!

6 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

@hraban, just by taking a look at your first models is possible to see how much you improved. CONTARES is now one of the best "big" stockalike mods, together with Tantares and BDB. My most sincere compliments, great work

Thank you so much!

At first I took KSP according to the original parts remember there more Playmobil and Lego not really serious in matters optics. The programs for which I've created mods had nowhere near the claim with respect to textures. After a short apprenticeship, now I could get the bow. Thanks to Beale and CobaltWolf. Both have inspired me.

Looks amazing ! :) 

Only the integrated Solar Panels don't work.

Unity config ? He are not flat, I am not certain that we can make them curved?  :0.0:

--------------------

How is the stability during the reentry? CX-20 was rather unstable is had difficulty has to slow down(to brake), certainly of has his sharp nose.

Edited by Well

13 hours ago, Well said:

Looks amazing ! :) 

Unity config ? He are not flat, I am not certain that we can make them curved?  :0.0:

--------------------

How is the stability during the reentry? CX-20 was rather unstable is had difficulty has to slow down(to brake), certainly of has his sharp nose.

Here the reentry procedure (from Page 25).

Safe reenter ist posible up to orbits with AP/PE 130km. Initial reentry with 15° AoA. Reduce the AoA to 10° at 40km over ground. At a speed of 1600 m/s reduce the AoA to 0°. Below of 800 m/s go to a steep gliding with -15° to -20°. At the end of landing aproach do not lower the speed to fast. Touch down with ~65 m/s.

All figures relate to a CX-20 without attachments. Always have an eye on ratio of CoM to CoP when parts added.

There are no Problem with curved Solar Panels. Check out the Solar Panels on KTV/HTV.

Edited by hraban

@hraban Thanks for the reentry procedure.... I have to try it

For the moment, I try 3d modelling with Blender.
I have just release a mod of science, but I need to redo my own models 3d, I worked before on 3dstudioMax, but my version does not support any more windows10, thus I try to blender
I am can be back in the modding...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You have find a name for the kerbalized shuttle hermes ?

3 minutes ago, Well said:

@hraban Thanks for the reentry procedure.... I have to try it

For the moment, I try 3d modelling with Blender.
I have just release a mod of science, but I need to redo my own models 3d, I worked before on 3dstudioMax, but my version does not support any more windows10, thus I try to blender
I am can be back in the modding...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You have find a name for the kerbalized shuttle hermes ?

I am satisfied with Wings 3D for KSP things. For Hermes, I have not found a suitable name. Do you have a suggestion?

@Hraban :D Why not

At a time, I know that the second shuttle was planned, but I do not remember her name, I look for in my archives... There was no information on this shuttle. THE purpose was to assure the rotations of the flights. Every shuttle was designed to support thirty flights, two shuttles were sufficient for fifteen years.

4 minutes ago, Well said:

@Hraban :D Why not

At a time, I know that the second shuttle was planned, but I do not remember her name, I look for in my archives... There was no information on this shuttle. THE purpose was to assure the rotations of the flights. Every shuttle was designed to support thirty flights, two shuttles were sufficient for fifteen years.

how optimistic is that estimate? The US shuttle wanted a similar flight rate which it did not come close to achieving.

@CobaltWolf Obviously! It was the paper concepts has the time. We know anyway that became this shuttle has the end... Absolutely nothing. A bad memory for the European.

But I do not know if it is the best place to discuss it.

I look forward to release of this KSP version

CD-Hermes or Karuda works well. Sure, that's not a fighter plane and correspondingly sluggish is the control. Cargo Bay doors works now as Solar Panels. Next one is a Placeholder to fit the Kerbals in the Command-Section.

kM60xjh.png

FfBbARl.pngyGDcsls.png

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.