[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

It's not ready: KRAFT-M (Energia-M)

Core stage with Ø 3.75m is new. Fairing is ProceduralFairing (3.25m). Booster and Booster Tanks from KERLOT (Zenit). Special Nosecone with Struts cant be tested, the color was not yet dry. :wink:

e5DYaFE.pngrUDz811.png

qPzLygB.png

View of a new entry-level rocket:

The R6 was originally planned as an intercontinental rocket. The combat head with a weight of about 3.5 tons should be transported over 8000 - 10000 km, as about 1/4 of the Earth's circumference.
The Kerbalized variant on a 50% scale is significantly smaller than the successor R7 / UNION. The rocket engines RK-Z-105/106 are operated with ethanol / oxygen, produce a considerable thrust with a significantly shorter combustion time.
With a payload of 3.5t and a planned apoapsis of 100km, the payload is carried approximately 1/4 of kerbin.

Equipped with a small upper stage, the transport of light satellites into low orbits can be carried out. The suborbital flight of small space capsules can also be performed without problems.

KSP Launcher Data:

length: 11.7 m
Core diameter: 1.25 to 0.9375m
Booster diameter: max. 1.25m
max diameter: 3.6m
weight: 23.45t

aVALrEI.png

P1DmGpZ.pngrDsOijP.pngoUIJyxm.png

NulXMZD.png40btwDO.png

QOXZ7RK.png

Comparison between UNION 2 (left) and R6 (right)

Edited by hraban

42 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I really like the direction you're going in terms of artwork, but have you noticed your rockets tend to have you much thrust and not enough ISP? Or maybe they need to be more heavy. I'm not sure but they don't feel right to fly. 

Perhaps the complainants should learn how volumes, areas, and forces can be calculated in terms of scale, of course taking into account the physical conditions of KSP?

ISP is the original for all (reconstructed with artistic freedom) rocket engines. And is based on the most reliable sources to be found.

There will be a lot of changes with regard to the empty and fuel weights with the next update. These changes are due to the fact that Contares remains with the stock fuel of KSP and nevertheless the different thrust and ISP values of the rocket engines show.
Furthermore, it should finally be clear that Contares still has no ambitions to recreate anything for and of a terrestrial universe in perfection. The rockets should function in the small KSP universe and be comparable among each other ( on the same scale).

So on the edge: So far no one has expressed your claims, at least not with usable facts.

Edited by hraban

I wanted to get a slightly bigger version of GOGI (Wanna use it as an unmanned orbital workhorse.  Having some trouble modding the mod.  Anyone know how to expand it a bit (need it large enough to carry a fuel tank (or a KAS container) in the cargo bay.

29 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I wanted to get a slightly bigger version of GOGI (Wanna use it as an unmanned orbital workhorse.  Having some trouble modding the mod.  Anyone know how to expand it a bit (need it large enough to carry a fuel tank (or a KAS container) in the cargo bay.

Change both scale and rescale parameter in the config of GOGI.

Reworked 2nd stage engine RK-Z-0235 for TAROCKOT with working and rotating vernier-engines.

fMXE8FD.png

Hvjvrs4.png

Edited by hraban

I know you already told that you are not planning to make parts of the MAKS spaceplane but what about just the fuel tank (and maybe the engines?) , i'm not talking about it as a spaceplane but as a launcher family , the spaceplane itself can be used from the MK-X parts by benjee or just use the Hermes (:D) , I think that as a rocket family it would be kinda interesting and unique (also the fuel tanks are super hard to replicate:P)

maxshem3.gif

Edited by NeoFatalis

10 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

I know you already told that you are not planning to make parts of the MAKS spaceplane but what about just the fuel tank (and maybe the engines?) , i'm not talking about it as a spaceplane but as a launcher family , the spaceplane itself can be used from the MK-X parts by benjee or just use the Hermes (:D) , I think that as a rocket family it would be kinda interesting and unique (also the fuel tanks are super hard to replicate:P)

maxshem3.gif

No thanks. Contares does not build banana boats :D

9 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

i really dont wanna be annoying but... will landing gear for spaceplanes be added or r u planning to just use stock one?

No, Contares will not produce gears. There are already skids which work excellently. Use TweakScale for stock gear, that  works perfect. 

20 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

i really dont wanna be annoying but... will landing gear for spaceplanes be added or r u planning to just use stock one?

If the problem is that the stock gear don't have heat tiles then you can download Cormorant Aeronology , in the last update there was added a texture switch to the stock landing gear that can make them heat tiled (or at least look like that:P)

Edited by NeoFatalis

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

If the problem is that the stock gear don't have heat tiles then you can download Cormorant Aeronology , in the last update there was added a texture switch to the stock landing gear that can make them heat tiled (or at least look like that:P)

Good point, Cormorant builds excellent things when it's not just spare parts for the Buran and Space Shuttle money graves. :wink:

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.