[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

9 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I do use MechJeb. I tried both. 

Also...

I beg your pardon? :P

What UNION II Version you use?
What is your flight profile set up by MechJeb and what is the length and weight of payload?
What Version of MechJeb you use?
What's the steering problem in detail?
The Booster has the Stabilizer installed?

I have tested all UNION-Versions with max. Payload below a lenght of 10m and have no problems.

Edited by hraban

6 minutes ago, hraban said:

What UNION II Version you use?
What is your flight profile set up by MechJeb and what is the length and weight of payload?
What Version of MechJeb you use?
What's the steering problem in detail?
The Booster has the Stabilizer installed?

I have tested all UNION-Versions with max. Payload below a lenght of 10m and have no problems.

Oh lord... Uh... 

Im playing in a x3 rescale, MechJeb is set up with a 55% turn rate and a minimum pitch of 10°. it had fins. I'm unsure the version of MechJeb... I'm pretty sure it's the latest. I don't know the length or width of the payload but it was around 5 tons. No matter how hard I tried to pitch it would barely budge. I think that's the only info I can remember off the top of my head. 

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Oh lord... Uh... 

Im playing in a x3 rescale, MechJeb is set up with a 55% turn rate and a minimum pitch of 10°. it had fins. I'm unsure the version of MechJeb... I'm pretty sure it's the latest. I don't know the length or width of the payload but it was around 5 tons. No matter how hard I tried to pitch it would barely budge. I think that's the only info I can remember off the top of my head. 

The mod is not done for x3 rescale. Mechjeb pitch set to 3° per sec max. Turn rate not below 60%. Accelleration max to 35m/s.

42 minutes ago, hraban said:

Since I do not use USI-LS myself, I hope for a Contares worthy variant.

ok. this time i will try by converting food/water/o2 to usi supplies as accurately as possible in terms of time. just consider that i wont add life support to PINBOL reentry vehicle since its supposed to be used with soyuz orbital module that already has enough supplies. shenzhou will also have supplies only in orbital module (i was asking if that should be done in last post). also, hermes doesnt have them in the spaceplane itself, they are in the docking and storage module. many parts already had life support in my personal patch file, but as i said, i accidentally deleted it and had to use the very WIP that was on dropbox. 

3 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

ok. this time i will try by converting food/water/o2 to usi supplies as accurately as possible in terms of time. just consider that i wont add life support to PINBOL reentry vehicle since its supposed to be used with soyuz orbital module that already has enough supplies. shenzhou will also have supplies only in orbital module (i was asking if that should be done in last post). also, hermes doesnt have them in the spaceplane itself, they are in the docking and storage module. many parts already had life support in my personal patch file, but as i said, i accidentally deleted it and had to use the very WIP that was on dropbox. 

In the case of PINBOL, the backside attached Orbital module is used only as Airlock. The PINBOL holds 500kg of supplies.

2 hours ago, hraban said:

In the case of PINBOL, the backside attached Orbital module is used only as Airlock. The PINBOL holds 500kg of supplies.

oh. i didnt know that. i thought it had the same purpose as the orbital module on the soyuz (its similar to soyuz's orbital mod in real life too)

4 hours ago, hraban said:

The mod is not done for x3 rescale. Mechjeb pitch set to 3° per sec max. Turn rate not below 60%. Accelleration max to 35m/s.

sOcEAFN.jpg

It has plenty of fuel to get into orbit in x3, but it flies so inefficiently it's about 1000m/s short. Besides, x3 doesn't make any difference in not having enough control.

15 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

sOcEAFN.jpg

It has plenty of fuel to get into orbit in x3, but it flies so inefficiently it's about 1000m/s short. Besides, x3 doesn't make any difference in not having enough control.

After extended tests, an error was found in the Unity Set. The Verniers of the engines RK-Z-107/108 do not work at all.
As a transitional solution, the following change should be made in RK-Z-107.cfg and RK-Z-108.cfg:

MODULES
{
Name = ModuleGimbal
GimbalTransformName = [gimbal] gimbalTransform
GimbalRange = [2] 4 or > (have tested with values up to 16)
}

Correction and update is expected next weekend.

Edited by hraban

4 hours ago, hraban said:

After extended tests, an error was found in the Unity Set. The Verniers of the engines RK-Z-107/108 do not work at all.
As a transitional solution, the following change should be made in RK-Z-107.cfg and RK-Z-108.cfg:

MODULES
{
Name = ModuleGimbal
GimbalTransformName = [gimbal] gimbalTransform
GimbalRange = [2] 4 or > (have tested with values up to 16)
}

Correction and update is expected next weekend.

And you told me to just chage my MechJeb settings. :P

I'll try these changes out ASAP. 

58 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

And you told me to just chage my MechJeb settings. :P

I'll try these changes out ASAP. 

Help is on the way. Your MechJeb settings are still not ideal for a UNION II. The Unity-Set error is fixed now and i'm in the final testing.

1 hour ago, comham said:

If I'm going from 1.78 to 1.8.0, what should I do to my craft to avoid breaking the save? Just remove all contares parts in flight?

If you update from 1.7.8 to 1.8.0 and then load your game, all objects are lost which contain discontinued Contares parts.

Altogether, 60 parts were removed and replaced in part by new ones.
There is no list of the removed parts.

40 minutes ago, hraban said:

If you update from 1.7.8 to 1.8.0 and then load your game, all objects are lost which contain discontinued Contares parts.

Altogether, 60 parts were removed and replaced in part by new ones.
There is no list of the removed parts.

Thanls, I will bear this in mind.

47 minutes ago, StoryMusgrave said:

Wanted to leave a note here. Several of your provided craft files are referencing a part "Agena.Structure.A". I have no idea what part mod it is, but v1.8.0 doesn't contain it. So without it, the craft file won't load. Any help, or mod that does have it would be appreciated.

The "Agena_Structure_A" is a Tantares Part and only included in the demonstration Craft-Files of Space-Ships. Sorry but the Craft-Files of ATV, CTV, KTV, Morgenrot and KTV-Manned was included by mistake. I will offer more Craft-Files in the next weeks, without parts of other mods.

Ok, that explains it. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, hraban said:

The "Agena_Structure_A" is a Tantares Part and only included in the demonstration Craft-Files of Space-Ships. Sorry but the Craft-Files of ATV, CTV, KTV, Morgenrot and KTV-Manned was included by mistake. I will offer more Craft-Files in the next weeks, without parts of other mods.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:39 PM, hraban said:

Btw. Picture of new H-II Transport Vehicle scaled to match Contares-Launcher. How the old, the KTV named ship is of 4 parts:

sniperton IV

Cool. Solar panels look specially good. Since they are integrated, do you have them setup as multiple modules? I thought there were some issues with that, just wondering. I'll try it out this weekend, hopefully. I am also reminded that I need to finish my own HTV that I modeled a while back. :(

cheers

2 minutes ago, akron said:

Cool. Solar panels look specially good. Since they are integrated, do you have them setup as multiple modules? I thought there were some issues with that, just wondering. I'll try it out this weekend, hopefully. I am also reminded that I need to finish my own HTV that I modeled a while back. :(

cheers

To simplify the solar panels i go the way of 4 directions with 4 suntracker (or 3) on the modules/parts. On this way all works fine and stable.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
	sunTracking = false
	raycastTransformName = sunN
	pivotName = sunN
	isBreakable = false
	resourceName = ElectricCharge
	chargeRate = 0.5
}
MODULE
{
	sunTracking = false
	raycastTransformName = sunE
	pivotName = sunE
	isBreakable = false
	chargeRate = 0.5
}
MODULE
{
	sunTracking = false
	raycastTransformName = sunS
	pivotName = sunS
	isBreakable = false
	chargeRate = 0.5
}
MODULE
{
	sunTracking = false
	raycastTransformName = sunW
	pivotName = sunW
	isBreakable = false
	chargeRate = 0.5
}

13 minutes ago, hraban said:

To simplify the solar panels i go the way of 4 directions with 4 suntracker (or 3) on the modules/parts. On this way all works fine and stable.

Very nice, it makes sense that way. Thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.