[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

14 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't hydrolox boil off relatively quickly..? Realistically speaking wouldn't that make that SM completely impractical in a realistic situation?

Sure, hydrogen diffuses about 4 times as fast as oxygen. However, the loss can be sustained with suitable but unfortunately heavy insulation materials. The future planned missions to Mars are also to use LH2 / LOX, so there must be a technical solution for storage over a period of more than 2 years.

7 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

hi, Contares Antennas andDishes  is out of date in spacedock. Will receive any update?

Thanks

Hello Leandro Basi,

please go back to SpaceDock, select the page with the obsolete download of "Contares antennas and dishes". Now let your eyes glide on the blue word "Information" and read the text under it very slowly. Maybe it helps to put a finger on the letters to be identified so as not to lose the thread. After a while, you should understand why I wrote this slightly ironic text.

Who can read is clearly in the advantage!

Merry Christmas

7 hours ago, hraban said:

Hello Leandro Basi,

please go back to SpaceDock, select the page with the obsolete download of "Contares antennas and dishes". Now let your eyes glide on the blue word "Information" and read the text under it very slowly. Maybe it helps to put a finger on the letters to be identified so as not to lose the thread. After a while, you should understand why I wrote this slightly ironic text.

Who can read is clearly in the advantage!

Merry Christmas

Oh! Thank you for the pleasant response. I liked to use only the antennas, because before version 1.2 there were few antennas stock. I really do not like this mod so I will stop using it. Merry Christmas!

Strange mental attitude to ask for a sub-mod update and in the next post to explain that a mod does not please. kopfkratz-smiley-1_261547.gif

Only in case of resurrection: In the Contares / Parts directory there is a folder for antennas only. Who knows a little with the architecture of KSP knows what I mean. :)

Here a RCS-Truss to install at the lower end of stages. With this RCS-Truss that will stored below the fairing of the upper stage, you can make it maneuverability like a space tug. Every RCS-Truss has there own fueltanks with monopropellant.

S9LaWe2.pngmsy5zTQ.png

Demonstration of installation:

3TmHtof.png

Edited by hraban

Set of Solar Panals for surface mount.

left upper: Squad standard surface mount solar panel

middle uppper: Cased small surface mount solar panel (0.32 x 0.32m)

right upper: Lightweight surface mount solar panel

middle: 1/8 rounded surface mount solar panel. Without tweakscale the 1/8 rounded solar panel fits arround 2.5m bodys.

I9xGpwz.png

With tweakscale the 1/8 rounded solar panel fits on all round body's

SLbvFxf.jpg

Detail

wliJpf4.png

Version 1.8.1 is on SpaceDock and DropBox

- adds new radial and rounded solar panels
- fix Vernier Engine problem on RK-Z-107/108
- fix Problems with FEDERAZIA Kerbal IVA position
- adds more antennas
- rework of TAC-LS settings
- adds KhiG Capsule and Orbital Module for 6-Kerbals
- adds new Khi-SpaceStation
- adds small and helpfull parts (Satelite-Bus, RTG, Engine Plante to mount individual Engine [needs Procedural Fairing], RCS and many more)

have Fun and a good way into the next Year!

A design for a rather early settled, multi-seat capsule. With 1.875m base and 0.9375m minimum diameter, this capsule is designed for the transport of 4 kerbals. It is planned to equip the 4 seats with rescue ejection seats (linuxgurugamer plugin).

fklyzcA.png

2 hours ago, hraban said:

A design for a rather early settled, multi-seat capsule. With 1.875m base and 0.9375m minimum diameter, this capsule is designed for the transport of 4 kerbals. It is planned to equip the 4 seats with rescue ejection seats (linuxgurugamer plugin).

Nice! I like how each Kerbal has their own little window.

Though, Hraban, you know I mean this in the nicest of ways, but why do you use non-stockish colors for your windows? I understand you don't seek to emulate the stock style but it does make them clash. I'm just curious what the reasoning is - if you have some other inspiration, or simply dislike the stock color, etc?

23 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Nice! I like how each Kerbal has their own little window.

Though, Hraban, you know I mean this in the nicest of ways, but why do you use non-stockish colors for your windows? I understand you don't seek to emulate the stock style but it does make them clash. I'm just curious what the reasoning is - if you have some other inspiration, or simply dislike the stock color, etc?

The colors of the windows are created with the thought of the interior furnishings of the objects. Deeper and rather darkly furnished objects have a darker base color of the windows. Brightly decorated and less deep objects have a brighter hue. Of course, the windows in unlit condition should differ from the exterior color of the object. In particular with your Apollo capsule the windows in the unlit condition like sheet metal plates because the window color does not stand out really well from the base color of the capsule.
Besides, I've already thought of converting the window color to a reflective gray-blue or gold-yellow but it would make too much work to create all windows as a separate subobject and to provide it with its own shader.
The stock window colors have a good effect only if these are bordered in almost all cases by a dark border.

3 minutes ago, hraban said:

The colors of the windows are created with the thought of the interior furnishings of the objects. Deeper and rather darkly furnished objects have a darker base color of the windows. Brightly decorated and less deep objects have a brighter hue. Of course, the windows in unlit condition should differ from the exterior color of the object. In particular with your Apollo capsule the windows in the unlit condition like sheet metal plates because the window color does not stand out really well from the base color of the capsule.
Besides, I've already thought of converting the window color to a reflective gray-blue or gold-yellow but it would make too much work to create all windows as a separate subobject and to provide it with its own shader.
The stock window colors have a good effect only if these are bordered in almost all cases by a dark border.

Thanks for the explanation. :) Also, I missed all the images you have been posting on this page the last couple weeks. Awesome stuff!!! Really makes me want to redo the RCS booms I made for my upper stages.

25 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Am I being stupid, or is the CandyBox supposed to be another science container? If it is, I can't figure out how to operate it.

Help!

CandyBox is a small re-entry capsule with integrated container for the intake of 20 kg ore and a maximum of 4 experiments.
If you use mods like ShipManifest, experiments can be transferred directly to the docked CandyBox. Otherwise a Kerbal on EVA must carry the experiments into the capsule.

Khi-5 (Long March CZ-5) is on the way. Here pictures with KhiG Capsule and long range orbital module.

First Stage and second has a diameter of 2.5m. The Booster has a diameter of 1.5m.

Q2535jn.pngxRpcMRM.png

EMrkADh.pngmWdklt8.png

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.