[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

26 minutes ago, hraban said:

Definitely, Contares 1.8.7 does not crash KSP version 1.3.
Contares needs a lot of memory because it is a large and comprehensive mod. Monitor the available memory.

huh, i tried launching it and contares was the only mod installed....

Crash when loading Contares

(Filename:  Line: 97)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'CKonu-1'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Contares/Parts/CST101/CAIRF/CAIRF'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Crash!!!

Edited by trooperMNG

48 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Crash when loading Contares

(Filename:  Line: 97)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'CKonu-1'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Contares/Parts/CST101/CAIRF/CAIRF'

Crash!!!

This is not a Contares problem!

Contares recommends deleting the files PartDatabase.cfg and Physics.cfg in the main directory of KSP.  After a restart everything should be loaded, provided ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll is located in the directory GameData.

Edited by hraban

7 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

And now I am confused too, cuz THIS is Soyuz-MS:
(*snip*)

TMA and TMA-M confurmed using dual nozzles, then just what the heck I've found? :huh:

Nowbody is perfect :wink:

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, Legcutter said:

And now I am confused too, cuz THIS is Soyuz-MS:

TMA and TMA-M confurmed using dual nozzles, then just what the heck I've found? :huh:

That's weird, even progress have dual, and there's no old version using black thermal blankets.

In other news, @hrabanwhy 1.875 and not 2.5 Atlas V (Globus) core? just curious.

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

That's weird, even progress have dual, and there's no old version using black thermal blankets.

In other news, @hrabanwhy 1.875 and not 2.5 Atlas V (Globus) core? just curious.

Is it a novelty that the Contares Mod is manufactured on a 50% scale? (Damn, read the introduction; OP)

Atlas V diameter of the main stage is 3.81m. 50% = 1.905m. What fits perfectly, exactly, 1.875m. 2.5m = 5m, which corresponds fairly exactly to the Delta IV.

Edited by hraban

57 minutes ago, hraban said:

Is it a novelty that the Contares Mod is manufactured on a 50% scale? (Damn, read the introduction; OP)

Atlas V diameter of the main stage is 3.81m. 50% = 1.905m. What fits perfectly, exactly, 1.875m. 2.5m = 5m, which corresponds fairly exactly to the Delta IV.

ok ... chill out, Just asked because the dream chaser doesn't fit the 1.875 core. But OK, you're never in good mood, so I better go back to lurking mode :mad:

14 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

ok ... chill out, Just asked because the dream chaser doesn't fit the 1.875 core. But OK, you're never in good mood, so I better go back to lurking mode :mad:

I am calm, I am the rest myself ... Ommmmmm!

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

@hraban problem solved. Procedural Fairings (required for this mod .crafts) hasn't been updated yet. I suggest you to put an advice on the first page next to "recommended mods" to avoid crashes until update

Added temporary note in the OP. Thank you!

Could you provide a link to each required mod on the first page?  And also, what does each required mod do for this Contares? I have an idea for a few of them:

• Real Plume for the engine effects
  • RetractableLiftingSurface for retractable lifting surfaces
  • Firespitter for additional part animations and switching textures and models.
  • DMagic no idea.
  • USI-Tools no idea
  • Tweakscale shouldn't be required for Contares by itself.  Maybe for compatibility with other mod parts.
  • TACLS is just for life support, but shouldn't be required, just optional if you like that stuff.
  • Not sure why we're still using Procedural Fairings.

7 hours ago, Deltac said:

Could you provide a link to each required mod on the first page?  And also, what does each required mod do for this Contares? I have an idea for a few of them:

• Real Plume for the engine effects
  • RetractableLiftingSurface for retractable lifting surfaces
  • Firespitter for additional part animations and switching textures and models.
  • DMagic no idea.
  • USI-Tools no idea
  • Tweakscale shouldn't be required for Contares by itself.  Maybe for compatibility with other mod parts.
  • TACLS is just for life support, but shouldn't be required, just optional if you like that stuff.
  • Not sure why we're still using Procedural Fairings.

Good idea!

OP now has links and short descriptions for all the recommended and required mods.

11 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Is this latest release backwards compatible with 1.22? I don't want to get 1.3 for a few small features I'll never use.

Yes, it is! The only 'ToDo' is to delete the Contares_RT.cfg in Contares\Patches.

From the farthest corner of the workbench:
There was a request for this aircraft. Whoever likes it can report. The texture is so far only a basic design without any significant details.
Scale, as always, 50%. The hull has a little more diameter and the cockpit is enlarged so that a Kerbal with helmet fits in.

CX-15,medium_large.2x.1496948002.PNG

I can't get the Tweekscale part of Contares to work. But it works with other mods. I put the .cfg from the download in my game data folder. Is this the wrong place? How do I get Contares parts to allow tweekscale?  I would be thankful for any help I could get.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.