[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

Some time ago the reconnaissance capsule Pokemon was removed because of aging. Here is the design for the replacement model. Pokemon 3 is characterized by a pressure cargo bay with a large viewing window. Scientific devices can simply be added or removed after opening the front hatch.

Pokemon3-001,medium_large.2x.1497712301.png

On 6/13/2017 at 2:17 PM, hraban said:

size comparison

screenshot355,medium_large.2x.1497388558.png

left to right: CX-15, C-IXV, C-REX free flyer, CST-101

First off, I love these part designs. You are a genius!

Second, are there any issues with the IVA's? I loaded the pack, and I am getting, well, not missing IVA's, but it looks like the camera is just sitting on the ground.
If you know about this, I would love to know a fix. Otherwise, no worries. Keep up the awesome work!

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, hraban said:

How @Cheescake says, only tweakscale settings are set up for sensible parts. One or the other part with the time still corresponding settings received.

So umm, can you give a list of what part that can be tweaked? and please for future update, I wish the engine and fuel tank can be tweaked :)

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, hraban said:

How @Cheescake says, only tweakscale settings are set up for sensible parts. One or the other part with the time still corresponding settings received.

So umm, can you give a list of what part that can be tweaked? and please for future update, I wish the engine and fuel tank can be tweaked :)

2 hours ago, Mekan1k said:

Second, are there any issues with the IVA's? I loaded the pack, and I am getting, well, not missing IVA's, but it looks like the camera is just sitting on the ground.
If you know about this, I would love to know a fix. Otherwise, no worries. Keep up the awesome work!

No IVA. It asks a lot of time! Hraban realizes "placeholder" just to indicate or is the passengers.

4 hours ago, Mekan1k said:

So far only one and a half, IVA have been implemented. As @Well already wrote, all other manned objects contained simple placeholder, consisting of seat and camera position. @Well  was so friendly and complemented the IVA of PINBOL as part of his own project. With kind permission this will be published with the next release for Pinbol. There will be more IVA's, but the creation is very boring and - for me personally - without priority.

4 hours ago, HUNKDROD said:

This list, which you want, already exists. Have a look at the file 'CONTARES_TweakScale.cfg' in the directory '../GameData/Contares/Patches/'. By the way, you learn how to add a tweakscale configuration to parts.

1 minute ago, Bit Fiddler said:

once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, a modder named @hrabandeveloped a texture pack for Procedural Parts using the Tantares mod's textures. 

is this still available anywhere?

No, this texture pack is overhauled. Work on this has already been discontinued over 18 months ago. Procedural Parts was for a long time not on a suitable stand for the current KSP version. Perhaps, in the distant future, the desire to create a new Texture Pack for Procedural Parts, but it is in the stars.

17 hours ago, hraban said:

So far only one and a half, IVA have been implemented. As @Well already wrote, all other manned objects contained simple placeholder, consisting of seat and camera position. @Well  was so friendly and complemented the IVA of PINBOL as part of his own project. With kind permission this will be published with the next release for Pinbol. There will be more IVA's, but the creation is very boring and - for me personally - without priority.

This list, which you want, already exists. Have a look at the file 'CONTARES_TweakScale.cfg' in the directory '../GameData/Contares/Patches/'. By the way, you learn how to add a tweakscale configuration to parts.

Oh okay thank you, I'm a total noob to editing cfg stuff .__.

8 hours ago, Well said:

I like very much the look, finally, what are the dimensions of the cargobay and the vehicle? You made of very good job on this pod @hraban

'Space Rider' has the same dimensions like IXV (50% scale):

length: 2.5m
width: 1.1m
hight: 0.75m

Hatch/Cargobay size:

widht: ~ 0.57m
hight: ~ 0.52m
depth: ~ 0.47m

The 'Space Rider' comes as tweakable part so you can change the size. Initial stack size is 1.25m.

Edited by hraban

49 minutes ago, HUNKDROD said:

Hey umm another question, does the International Docking port supposed to dock with all type of docking port (Androgynus etc) or is it only worked for a specified docking port? (Sorry for bad english.__.)

CIDAS match only to CIDAS, DN1-84 and TUG docking port. DM2 only to DM2. do not know what docking port you mean.

Edited by hraban

From workbench:

LYRA-E, inspired by VEGA-E

LYRA-E-SRIXV-001,medium_large.2x.1497988494.png

Stage one parts:

P-80, P-100, P-120

Stage two parts:

Z-23, Z-23 decoupler with integrated retroboosters), Z-40c, Z40c decoupler with integrated retroboosters)

Stage three parts:

Z-9, VUM-MIRA, (AVUM planned)

More information about the VEGA propulsions:

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Specials/VEGA_rocket-motors/index.htm

Edited by hraban

On 6/21/2017 at 3:56 PM, hraban said:

*~Snip~*

Vega HYPE!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.