[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

10 hours ago, giovajoker said:

Hi guys, I just wanted to ask you one thing. Is there a way to have working tweakables with CONTARES? How can I rescale the various parts. I have Tweakable everything installed and so I can rescale almost every part, except for CONTARES parts.. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks!

Hello,

better you use TweakScale and take a look at the Patch-Dircetory. There is a Contares_Tweakscale.cfg. All tweakable parts of the mod. Contares has an entry in this File. If you want to add a non-tweakable part you can add a configuration with the NAME = (Ingame-Name) from the Part.

Contares is planning a subset for espionage and reconnaissance satellite components. In addition to the rather rare components of the former Soviet Union and Russia, there will also be components which are oriented towards the early American.

Existing components of KOSMOS / ZENIT and YANTAR are completely redesigned.

Here is a first draft for the early photo return capsules which were used on satellites of the type CORONA, QUILL, ARGON, LANYARD and GAMBIT.

FiReCa-002,medium_large.2x.1516818541.PNGFiReCa-003,medium_large.2x.1516818532.PNG

FiReCa-001,medium_large.2x.1516818544.PNG

Reference diameter = 0.625m
From top to bottom: heat shield, photo capsule (the parachute is still missing), solid rocket with structure.

YANTAR rebuild.

Base diameter of capsule is 0,9375m. Camera/Telescope with integrated Antenna. Ejectable hatch for parachute storage. Radial attachable Film Return Capsule's in progress. Servicemodule is already finished and show up by tag 'volga'.

YANTAR-001,medium_large.2x.1517418099.PNGYANTAR-002,medium_large.2x.1517418094.PNG

YANTAR-003,medium_large.2x.1517418554.PNG

Edited by hraban

The reconnaissance submod is more or less ready. Eventually release next week.

Ready for reentry: ZENIT capsule decouple from service module and lands after a very speedy reentry safe in the desert.

SPY-004,medium_large.2x.1517777854.pngSPY-005,medium_large.2x.1517777859.png

Reentry capsule of GAMBIT after separation of the heatshield and open the drogue chute.

SPY-003,medium_large.2x.1517777867.png

Mix of GAMBIT/QUILL in space

SPY-002,medium_large.2x.1517777870.pngSPY-001,medium_large.2x.1517777873.png

On 10.2.2018 at 7:35 AM, Frednoeyes said:

Dumb question, which parts of the pack are supposed to go with the CX-15 and CX-20?

In one of the packages (sub mods) which are still assembled.

This may take a while, because there is no community support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final pictures of YANTAR and the system of Film Return Capsules.

YFRC-001,medium_large.2x.1518377363.PNG

YANTAR-102,medium_large.2x.1518377371.PNG

Edited by hraban

Hey@hraban, just found this mod, it's great, but when I load up the game, when it's loading the module manager assets, the game crashes. Is this because of my other mods, or something wrong with Contares itself? Thanks for the help, and keep up the good work!

12 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Hey@hraban, just found this mod, it's great, but when I load up the game, when it's loading the module manager assets, the game crashes. Is this because of my other mods, or something wrong with Contares itself? Thanks for the help, and keep up the good work!

Your message is the first one of its kind. Are you sure you want to run the right ModuleManager version?
You may want to look into the Output_log.cfg to determine the problem. Given the size of Contares 1.8.9, a look at the available memory is certainly appropriate. Running too many part-mods can lead to a bottleneck.

Btw: Contares 1.8.9 and CSA Contares 'NBS' are not compatible.

Edited by hraban

4 hours ago, hraban said:

Your message is the first one of its kind. Are you sure you want to run the right ModuleManager version?
You may want to look into the Output_log.cfg to determine the problem. Given the size of Contares 1.8.9, a look at the available memory is certainly appropriate. Running too many part-mods can lead to a bottleneck.

I'll try to reinstall Module Manager first, see if it works.

Edited by Wildcat111

9 hours ago, hraban said:

I just tried the game with just Contares and the dependencies, and it also crashed.

21 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

I've been meaning to ask, how is the Contares Union wiring harness coming along? Will it be part of an upcoming release?

The "wiring harness", like all other components of Russian inspired laucher and spacecraft, is released in its own sub mod. However, that will take some time. Next point is the CORE mod which contains all components which are used in all sub mods. These include SAS modules, decouplers, docking ports, antennas, universal solar panels and other items.

7 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience @hraban, but I don't really get taught this stuff ;.;, so I don't know where this is.

Depending on the operating mode of KSP, the latest log file 'Output-log.txt' can be found in the directory '[KSP installation]\KSP_DATA' (32 bit) or '[KSP installation]\KSP_X64_DATA' (64 bit). For almost every crash, a crash-log directory is created in the main directory of KSP which contains both date and time in the name, here is a copy of Output_log.txt and a memory dump.
The error leading to the crash of KSP can usually be easily found by searching the log backwards for the term 'exception' and/or 'error' start at end of the document.

It would be great if you could choose a different (more realistic) window texture. I've been using the BDB window textures on all of my Contares parts, but I know when the update comes I will have to do it all over again. I just don't really like that purple-y texture. I hate to complain but I just wanted to put it out there. 

8 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

It would be great if you could choose a different (more realistic) window texture. I've been using the BDB window textures on all of my Contares parts, but I know when the update comes I will have to do it all over again. I just don't really like that purple-y texture. I hate to complain but I just wanted to put it out there. 

The window texture for objects like CIDAS docking port and others have already been exchanged and will be delivered with the sub mods.

There is no realistic texture for windows. The task of windows and thus their most important feature is to be transparent. Mirror effects and light refraction effects result from the angle of incidence of light and the amount of light which is reflected, scattered by the window material itself, and reflected by the surfaces behind it due to the color of the reflection surface. Further effects may result from coatings and special window surface treatments.

If you take the trouble to look closer at the photos of spacecraft in orbit you will find that in most cases they appear highly transparent, black or, due to the colors in the interior, very dark blue.

The typical texture and color used on KSP stock parts only look pretty because all the windows are bordered by a black border. The texture used by BDB loses its charm when, as in the case of the stock parts, the dark contrast is missing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.