[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I assume he means the Luna 9 from Tantares?

The mun alien egg is not my cup of tea ;) 

... aaaand ... my esteemed CuddleWolpertinger ... take the time and remove blank lines please.

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, hraban said:

REX survive also reentry's with low AOA ~5° but thats will be HOT and the initial orbit must below 80km.

Yeah, low AOA's get a little on the toasty side. So do high AOAs at Munar Return velocities, but you can do a double-dip reentry, skip out of the atmosphere and shed most of the built-up heat before going in for good. Worked quite well with the previously mentioned 20* at better than 2400 m/s surface velocity and 35 km altitude. Skipped back out to about 140 km before the final reentry.

What "Luna-style probe" sinking into the sea? Please give me the ingame name of the part/pod

... Derp. That's Tantares. Sorry about the mixup.

Huh. The ATV pod ATV/CTV SM seems to do SOMETHING to break the game when I go to the launch pad...  Navball goes crazy, speed is a bunch of zeros across the display window, and I can't use ESC to access the revert menu. No other parts are demonstrating this issue so far, so I'm pretty sure it's the pod SM.

EDIT: Testing of suspect parts has definitively isolated the Service Module as the cause of the issue.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

31 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Huh. The ATV pod ATV/CTV SM seems to do SOMETHING to break the game when I go to the launch pad...  Navball goes crazy, speed is a bunch of zeros across the display window, and I can't use ESC to access the revert menu. No other parts are demonstrating this issue so far, so I'm pretty sure it's the pod SM.

EDIT: Testing of suspect parts has definitively isolated the Service Module as the cause of the issue.

There may be a problem of builtin decoupler. Recreate the error in my game installation will get only a gently wiggle and shake.

19 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Huh. So why does mine cause the game to lock up and have the SM in oddball spots?

Reinstall the latest Contares mod from Spacedock. If you play with KSP 1.1 get Kerbal-Joints-Reinforcement. Remember, the complete Contares mod is not optimized for KSP 1.1.

"It was something along the way..."

9C3mTNf.png

Edited by hraban
typo

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Does this mean I'm off the hook?

nope!

There is a Kerbalized K-1B. Need this part to bring up the Parts of my fictional USK Station. If interest on the model is ...

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

nope!

There is a Kerbalized K-1B. Need this part to bring up the Parts of my fictional USK Station. If interest on the model is ...

Interest is very high! Are you going to make Apollo too? Or just the Saturn 1? Either way it'll be dope! 

Edit: 

Will the H1 be separate from the mounting plate? Can it be another one of the separate detailed models like the Viking? 

Edited by VenomousRequiem

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Interest is very high! Are you going to make Apollo too? Or just the Saturn 1? Either way it'll be dope! 

Now I could really laugh. Hardly resembles something even remotely a "W. von Braun" complicity bloom wildest flowers.
No: I do not build Saturn, neither 1, 1B because never V. Had Apollo a beard he would orbiting Kerbin, so also Nooooo.

"It is possible cold coffee brew repeatedly, but at some point it's just still old and tasteless instant powder!"

People, have fun! :lol:

7 minutes ago, hraban said:

Now I could really laugh. Hardly resembles something even remotely a "W. von Braun" complicity bloom wildest flowers.
No: I do not build Saturn, neither 1, 1B because never V. Had Apollo a beard he would orbiting Kerbin, so also Nooooo.

"It is possible cold coffee brew repeatedly, but at some point it's just still old and tasteless instant powder!"

People, have fun! :lol:

JfX8Rig.jpg

9 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I will literally download Wings3D and model an H1 and J2 for you. Can I? :b

I do not know if you can. :wink: For me you need you do not bother. See previous post:P

The lighter way is probably to use one of at least 10 existing variants from other mods.

Edited by hraban

4 minutes ago, hraban said:

I do not know if you can. :wink: For me you need you do not bother. See previous post:P

The lighter way is probably to use one of at least 10 existing variants from other mods.

Like BDB's... eventually... some day...

1 hour ago, hraban said:

Reinstall the latest Contares mod from Spacedock. If you play with KSP 1.1 get Kerbal-Joints-Reinforcement. Remember, the complete Contares mod is not optimized for KSP 1.1.

"It was something along the way..."

9C3mTNf.png

Will do, and WANT.

10 minutes ago, hraban said:

Come oon! I'll send it in Wings3D format so you can edit them as you please. Plus I want to model this! It'll be fun for both of us! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.