[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

9 hours ago, Redhornet919 said:

Can you make a USI-LS config for the HTV???

Guy, I'm not a jinn the one calls for three wishes. The first questions should be: "Do you use this mod?", or "Can I help it do to enable integration of this mod?", "What you think about it?".

No, I do not use USI-LS and have no idea how this would integrate. TAC-LS works fine and is my favorite mod in this direction.

Edited by hraban

10 hours ago, hraban said:

Guy, I'm not a jinn the one calls for three wishes. The first questions should be: "Do you use this mod?", or "Can I help it do to enable integration of this mod?", "What you think about it?".

No, I do not use USI-LS and have no idea how this would integrate. TAC-LS works fine and is my favorite mod in this direction.

I'm sorry for my bluntness, I was a little tired to say the least. its perfectly understandable that you wouldn't want to create a config that you have no interest or intention of using...

21 hours ago, Redhornet919 said:

Can you make a USI-LS config for the HTV???

You can make a MM patch yourself quite easy. Look up the part name in the HTV config file and make something like the patch below which removes TAC-LS resources and adds USI supplies and mulch. 

//USI Life Support to Salyut 1, 4, 6 and 7
@PART[almaz3-5,salyut1-4,salyut6,salyut7]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
	-RESOURCE[Food]{}
	-RESOURCE[Water]{}
	-RESOURCE[Oxygen]{}
	-RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]{}
	-RESOURCE[Waste]{}
	-RESOURCE[WasteWater]{}

%RESOURCE[Supplies]
	{
		%amount = 2000
		%maxAmount = 2000
	}

%RESOURCE[Mulch]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 100
	}
}

This just adds the two resources, it doesn't give the part functionality to process them in a way like UKS/OKS/MKS-Lite.

Edited by hendrack

21 minutes ago, hendrack said:

You can make a MM patch yourself quite easy. Look up the part name in the HTV config file and make something like the patch below which removes TAC-LS resources and adds USI supplies and mulch. 

//USI Life Support to Salyut 1, 4, 6 and 7
@PART[almaz3-5,salyut1-4,salyut6,salyut7]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
	-RESOURCE[Food]{}
	-RESOURCE[Water]{}
	-RESOURCE[Oxygen]{}
	-RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]{}
	-RESOURCE[Waste]{}
	-RESOURCE[WasteWater]{}

%RESOURCE[Supplies]
	{
		%amount = 2000
		%maxAmount = 2000
	}

%RESOURCE[Mulch]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 100
	}
}

This just adds the two resources, it doesn't give the part functionality to process them in a way like UKS/OKS/MKS-Lite.

Thanks!!!

On April 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM, hraban said:

Thanks to Beale to advice the "making of" own placeholders.

The first 7 Placeholders was ready:

L7BbrZA.png

Are these capsules in game yet? I can't seem to find them in game and I really do love the way they look. Also I love the variations and crafts on the front page. 

Edit: Nevermind through the power of reading I can see that it's all in the works. Great work!! This all looks amazing! Can't wait.

Edited by sp1989

3 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

Does this mean that Tantares is no longer a dependency for Contares IVAs?

Only that of Tantares (Beale) inherited PPTS used a Tantares IVA.
Contares will offer - sooner or later - own IVA's. In the meantime, all manned objects are provided with placeholders (Seat is always visible, Kerbal is visible when manned).

9 hours ago, hraban said:

Ok, now the Contares 1.7.0 is available on SpaceDock and via Dropbox, see first page.

All pseudo IVA's was in, also the K150, not shown in the pictures below.

Yay!  Lots of nifty stuff in this mod :)

Am I missing something because nothing fits on the bottom of the K1500?  It is to big for 1.25m parts and to small for 2.5m parts?  Are there some other bits that are designed to specifically attach to the bottom of this capsule so that it aligns with stock heat shieds, decouplers, and tanks?

yeffED6.png

Looks kind of stinky with half a foot razor sharp edge hanging over the end of the heatshield, fairing, decoupler and tank (

Edited by ctbram

@ctbram

Search by tag "k150". You find the Command-Pod, the Heatsheld and the Orbital-engine. The Name say's, the capsule and the coresponding Heatshield has an diameter of 1.5m. Then Orbital-Engine goes from 1.5 to 1.875m. So, all this Parts coresponding to Beales "Trails" used by BDB but contares Pod ist older and no "Gemini-Replica".

Edited by hraban

Update:

REX M works fine now.

Sizes: 

length 7m overall
max. widht 2.5 m
max. hight 1.875 m
weight 5.4 tonns

Hatch on the upper side works.
The control surfaces was from REX FF and adjusted with tweakscale. Four of the REX FF Monopropellant Engines used with REX M.
The Airbrake from CA-1 works well for REX M.

Seat positions:

ygJNtU8.png

comparison REX FF and REX M

L5QZtkE.png

Edited by hraban

As with REX FF, REX M lands by parachute in the final approach.There required no special high-performance parachute for high speeds. For a landing with landing gear or skids the lift capacity by low speed is too bad. We guarantee a re-entry and landing with forces under 3 G. Gears or skids were also too heavy for the construction.

with REX-M additional parts for Tantares CLV was in progress. So the P-120 Booster for Ariane 6, the main engine for Ariane 6 (model is not completed), the EPS upper stage for Ariane 5 and many more. Only the texture for P-120 Booster and EPS was ready, all others are placeholders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.