[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Interesting. Will it completely replace Ariane V? It almost seems like they would need something to go inbetween Vega and Ariane 6 - or isn't that the Soyuz launches they fly out of there?

It seems the ESA is out of the transportation program of ISS. Modern satellites are, at the same power, always lightweight. In order for a carrier rocket with payload capacity 9,5t for GTO is superfluous. The Ariane 6 covers future requirements for payloads up to 6t GTO. Single or double-offs can be served better and cheaper by the dynamic Booster concept. The new booster based on the VEGA first stage is cheaper and more powerful (power to weight) than the old solid boosters.

So I understand the arguments of the ESA.

The Ariane 5 should therefore from 2020 finally the scrap heap.

Welcome to the Open Day!

We welcome you to the presentation of the fleet.

Unfortunately, you are not even able to capture all the exhibits with a wide angle lens in one picture

imC1KoG.png

Have fun and a healthy neck!

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I was going to ask how you got all those launchers out in the open like that, but then I realized that your answer could never be as hilariously complicated as I like to imagine it would be.

Looking very nice! 

It is such a small, almost forgotten mod called "Vessel mover" that already exists for a long time and is in a 1.1.2 compatible version. Hint: Do not move Vessels with attached Launch-Clamps!

Thank you BahamutoD

Edited by hraban

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is there any way you could get rid of the little boxes around the nozzels in the RIVER upper stage? 

Could be possible, just not with the next release. It depends on the ToDo list.

Just now, hraban said:

Could be possible, just not with the next release. It depends on the ToDo list.

Also, you wanted suggestions so here goes: 

You posted the Soyuz  5 first stage not too long ago. The Methane one? What ever happened to that? I'd love to see that.

Another suggestion is Dnepr. I supposed to do one for BDB but it kinda seems like it would fit better here, as it's a Russian ICBM derived rocket. We only do American ICBM derived rockets in BDB. :P

15 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Also, you wanted suggestions so here goes: 

You posted the Soyuz  5 first stage not too long ago. The Methane one? What ever happened to that? I'd love to see that.

Another suggestion is Dnepr. I supposed to do one for BDB but it kinda seems like it would fit better here, as it's a Russian ICBM derived rocket. We only do American ICBM derived rockets in BDB. :P

RUS-M and the respective engines are how the developments in real life, on ice. Methane has a bad reputation cope lately.
Seriously, this part is yet to come. At the moment the designer on strike because of a "no cheese errors". :wink:

With DNEPR was already flirted but so far it fails at a reasonable implementation of the third stage. Swivel engines and the fact that the 3rd stage must turn 180 degrees to fire is not KSP friendly.

At the moment, the revision of Aliyana engines, in particular eminence the main engine. In addition there is BA-2 with the third stage.

Edited by hraban

Just now, hraban said:

RUS-M and the respective engines are how the developments in real life, on ice. Methane has a bad reputation cope lately.
Seriously, this part is yet to come. At the moment the designer on strike because of a "no cheese errors". :wink:

With DNEPR was already flirted but so far it fails at a reasonable implementation of the third stage. Swivel engines and the fact that the 3rd stage must turn 180 degrees to fire is not KSP friendly.

Add a probe core to the third stage that faces backwards? :P 

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Have you seen some of people's attempts at building BDB's canonical lauchers? :confused:

No I did not. It's bad enough when user needed a craft file for a launcher with 5 parts. (!)

8 minutes ago, hraban said:

No I did not. It's bad enough when user needed a craft file for a launcher with 5 parts. (!)

Oh god did that happen to you?

For suggestions, I'm sure @fs10inator would appreciate the H-2 solids (the long thin ones) being added. Why do you have the strange color on the tanks? Might as well make them normal KSP orange (the Jumbo 64) to make them fit with more stuff. 

Also, you could do Vega and just have all the ESA stuff in your pack.

Afterwards? I would be interested in seeing Indian or Chinese rockets, unless you have more interesting / rare designs

EDIT: Also I must ask, were you planning on continuing your not-Saturn1?

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh god did that happen to you?

For suggestions, I'm sure @fs10inator would appreciate the H-2 solids (the long thin ones) being added. Why do you have the strange color on the tanks? Might as well make them normal KSP orange (the Jumbo 64) to make them fit with more stuff. 

Also, you could do Vega and just have all the ESA stuff in your pack.

Afterwards? I would be interested in seeing Indian or Chinese rockets, unless you have more interesting / rare designs

EDIT: Also I must ask, were you planning on continuing your not-Saturn1?

These are not strange colors on H2/H3 parts, there are the way to come in the near of the originals. It was important to me to distinguish the H2/H3 parts in color of the america-heavy colors in KSP. The color of the jumbo tanks reminds me - sorry - on priming paint for trucks, pott ugly. Before adjusting the H2/H3 parts of the so-called standard colors get this Tantares gray!

is there a good Plugin to change Textures ingame?

The long, slender solid rocket boosters of H2 could still end up on the drawing board if indeed there is interest.

The VEGA is a pure solid rocket limited in the use for stock KSP, a garage keeper nothing more.

Chinese missiles already exist. With the existing parts they can be constructed in a simple system like LEGO. It is too costly if not impossible to reach reasonable information so that part is not recessed for now.

As already described was the Kerbal-Style S1b for personal fun and to test the reactions of the readers. The burden to integrate the Saturn series renewed time and hopefully with more success in KSP i leave in your and your team hands.

Regarding the implementation of Soyuz 5 launcher is a problem which I would like to discuss.

The best matching diameter for Soyuz 5 (alias RUS-M) would be 1.5m (original 3.06m). Would that be acceptable?
What name should the Soyuz 5 obtained in KSP?

The River Class (Angara) would stay with a diameter of 1.25m (original 2.9m).

So mentioned in passing, all Contares launchers are created in 50% of the original dimensions. Only the diameter differs, in favor of KSP common dimensions.

Edited by hraban

4 hours ago, hraban said:

Regarding the implementation of Soyuz 5 launcher is a problem which I would like to discuss.

The best matching diameter for Soyuz 5 (alias RUS-M) would be 1.5m (original 3.06m). Would that be acceptable?
What name should the Soyuz 5 obtained in KSP?

The River Class (Angara) would stay with a diameter of 1.25m (original 2.9m).

So mentioned in passing, all Contares launchers are created in 50% of the original dimensions. Only the diameter differs, in favor of KSP common dimensions.

I know you're a fan of BDB so me and @CobaltWolf's opinions don't really matter to you, eh? You know we're both going to tell you to go for it. :P

More 1.5m support for everyone! 

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I know you're a fan of BDB so me and @CobaltWolf's opinions don't really matter to you, eh? You know we're both going to tell you to go for it. :P

More 1.5m support for everyone! 

My aversion with respect to the overstressed and repeatedly copied and reproduced US launchers keeps me from being a fan. Slowly your team will be better, just a little quieter occur instead of the often produced loudmouth art, then you reached me - eventually. :sticktongue:

The last sentence can I fully support: "More 1.5m support for everyone!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.