hraban

[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

Recommended Posts

Just now, hraban said:

Contares brakes no other mod if the prescribed conditions are met.

It's simple, if you cant run RealPlume/Smokescreen you cant use Contares as standard installation.

The other way is to delete all RealPlume Settings in Contares (in the next release that is one folder) and you has contares without effects.

You're mod is excellent and I love what it adds, but what you're doing is going to draw a lot of potential downloaders away.
Contares breaks mods for people who can't or don't want to run RP or SS. The alternative is breaking Contares itself. Is that really the message you want to send to people? Do what I say or don't use my mod.
I would highly suggest you reconsider your position on stock plumes, or at least find someone who can give Contares the stock plumes people need to run the mod with other mods. I would hate to see this mod get hate just because of stock plumes vs. RP/SS.
And why even remove stock plumes? RP/SS overrides the stock plumes anyway, so there is no need to remove them.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

You're mod is excellent and I love what it adds, but what you're doing is going to draw a lot of potential downloaders away.
Contares breaks mods for people who can't or don't want to run RP or SS. The alternative is breaking Contares itself. Is that really the message you want to send to people? Do what I say or don't use my mod.
I would highly suggest you reconsider your position on stock plumes, or at least find someone who can give Contares the stock plumes people need to run the mod with other mods. I would hate to see this mod get hate just because of stock plumes vs. RP/SS.
And why even remove stock plumes? RP/SS overrides the stock plumes anyway, so there is no need to remove them.

If you want stock-plumes, they are free to design and add this via patch to Contares. The previously existing stock-plumes are more or less taken over by copy/past from Tantares/LV and fit usually not the engines

Deleting the RP/SS settings does not break Contares.

[ironic on] If they can live with stock-plumes, then even without plumes. Without, it is still better than to insult my aesthetic feel by stock-plumes [ironic off]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hraban said:

If you want stock-plumes, they are free to design and add this via patch to Contares. The previously existing stock-plumes are more or less taken over by copy/past from Tantares/LV and fit usually not the engines

Deleting the RP/SS settings does not break Contares.

[ironic on] If they can live with stock-plumes, then even without plumes. Without, it is still better than to insult my aesthetic feel by stock-plumes [ironic off]

It breaks contares visually.
And I wasn't trying to insult you in anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But RealPlumes is just a config. By default the stock plumes should still be there, so i really don't see the point of taking them out. I didn't even think that was possible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

It breaks contares visually.
And I wasn't trying to insult you in anyway.

I'm trying, with my terrible English to express something finer. I do not feel insulted. Installs the mod according to the specifications and all is well. If mods not compatible - of which there are more than enough - then one of the mods must give up. It is their decision what mod they decide to and it is in their hands whether the mods become a couple in.

It is, from my hand, give no matching stock-plumes. Those who want to do the job is welcome and has to live with my terrible english.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hraban said:

I'm trying, with my terrible English to express something finer. I do not feel insulted. Installs the mod according to the specifications and all is well. If mods not compatible - of which there are more than enough - then one of the mods must give up. It is their decision what mod they decide to and it is in their hands whether the mods become a couple in.

It is, from my hand, give no matching stock-plumes. Those who want to do the job is welcome and has to live with my terrible english.

Cheers

german or austrian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

german or austrian?

What does it matter?

I am one of 7.39 billion people.
Only 4.47% can call a native English speaker.
6.77% have English as a second language.
20.3% can some English (finger picks).
68.46% of the world population does not understand English.

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hraban said:

What does it matter?

I am one of 7.39 billion people.
Only 4.47% can call a native English speaker.
6.77% have English as a second language.
20.3% can some English (finger picks).
68.46% of the world population does not understand English.

it was just out of curiosity. because I live in italy and the poor english level that I reached is derived from private lessons. schools teach terrible english here, and in too little hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next new projects:

Yenisei 5 replica as 'REKA' for kerbal stock.

Spoiler

bqnu655.png

Fictional spaceplane with small cargo bay.

Spoiler

1RC9ybG.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hraban said:

Fictional spaceplane with small cargo bay.

  Hide contents

Looks great. Is this inspired by India's new mini shuttle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Looks great. Is this inspired by India's new mini shuttle?

It's a pure fictional spaceplane. The technical requirements inevitably lead to similarities. As an old RC aircraft designer i like V-tailsOgival wings are so far unsurpassed for high supersonic speeds and offer passable gliding properties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Hraban, just a quick thanks for your hard work. You've expanded my space program nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KerbalFanatic1 said:

What 3D modeling software do you use??

For KSP i use only Wings3D.

1 minute ago, Voidryder said:

Hi Hraban, just a quick thanks for your hard work. You've expanded my space program nicely. 

Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Looks great. Is this inspired by India's new mini shuttle?

This one is more like ISRO-Shuttle. Quick builded and kerbalized in size.

length = 6.3 m (like original)
wingspan = 3.6 m (like original)
diameter or the body = 1.25m (more then original ~ 1.0m)

rMpISVQ.png
 

for Contares it's better to rescale to 50% :wink:

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I was a bit boring and so was the ISRO-Shuttle RLV-TD[K] born for KSP as 0.625 m version. A little fine-tuning to the textures and can be started with Unity and the configuration.

 

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hraban said:

Hmm, I was a bit boring and so was the ISRO-Shuttle RLV-TD[K] born for KSP as 0.625 m version. A little fine-tuning to the textures and can be started with Unity and the configuration.

 

is the version with the more round nose (the first you posted) deprecated? Because I like that X37-like thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

is the version with the more round nose (the first you posted) deprecated? Because I like that X37-like thing!

The fictional version i post first comes later. it's more work on this bigger shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Project updates:

The RLV-TD-K (ISRO) Glider works fine in KSP but the Texture need more tuning.

Spoiler

yiT5Vby.png

The first texture-steps for the fictional Spaceplane named GOGI are on the way.

Spoiler

s9SB2Ob.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.6.2016 at 7:32 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

Does the ISRO shuttle have a cargo bay? What's their respective diameters? 

The ISRO RLV-TD-(Kerbal) has no cargo bay but integrated science instruments.

body diameter = 0.625m
length = 3.3m
wingspan = 1.8m
full loaded = 1.8t

The GOGI Spaceplane with cargo bay has the following dimensions:

body diameter = 1.25m
length = 6.0m
wingspan = 4.4m
high = 1.57m
weight without cargo = 3.5t
+ 1 or 2 small REX MONOP L Engines
+ 2 P-M22 Tantares Solar Panels
= 3.6t
+ Cargo max. 0.8t
 

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you could offer the Kliper as a seperate download?

Or maybe even a separate "spaceplane" pack with the new ones as well (they look awesome!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Any chance you could offer the Kliper as a seperate download?

Or maybe even a separate "spaceplane" pack with the new ones as well (they look awesome!)

The claims of Contares users are too different and the effort to manage multiple download packages is disproportionate.
Should more small and micro Space Planes will give thought its own package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOGI Spaceplane makes here first mission:

Set a small satellite to an LKO on AP 120 PE 80.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think about the ESA IXV?

Spoiler

PJEHr0l.png

BTW, the GOGI Spaceplane is ready to launch. Possibly tomorrow may be provided a BETA.

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.