hraban

[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

Recommended Posts

This is the H-IIA+, a 2003 NASDA-era Mitsubishi design that preceded today's H-IIB.
The H-IIA+ was renamed to the H-IIB in 2005.

The only difference I can really see is in the interstage shape. The design, according to the last 2 pictures in the album called for a tapered interstage section, but later, the final H-IIB design had a 4-meter cylindrical, constant-diameter, interstage.

 

Edited by fs10inator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fs10inator said:

The only difference I can really see is in the interstage shape. The design, according to the last 2 pictures in the album called for a tapered interstage section, but later, the final H-IIB design had a 4-meter cylindrical, constant-diameter, interstage.

The final H-IIB has no constant-diameter. Take a look to real shots of launches. Constant-diameter is planed for H-III.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hraban said:

The final H-IIB has no constant-diameter. Take a look to real shots of launches. Constant-diameter is planed for H-III.

Oh, I meant to say this:
just the black thing between the two stages

cGqtpIS.png

 

as compared to the one in this NASDA concept art:

Zcj2bui.jpg

Edited by fs10inator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, ok, US things are not really my thing but I thought to myself: "The friends of BDB would surely also like a space plane." The result was a kerbalized variant of the X-20 Dynasoar. With press, pull and one hour of work was a cute spaceplane. Yet about one hour texture work, a little extra activity to build an suitable decoupler for Prometheus (TITAN II+) and other 1.875m launchers. Again to ensure a half hour to the unit to function capability with Stock physics. Again create a half hour to a civilian texture and voila:

The XC-20 holds 3 Kerbals. The weight is ~6 tonns.

Safe reenter ist posible up to orbits with AP/PE 130km. Initial reentry with 15° AoA. Reduce the AoA to 10° at 40km over ground. At a speed of 1600 m/s reduce the AoA to 0°. Below of 800 m/s go to a steep gliding with -15° to -20°. At the end of landing aproach do not lower the speed to fast. Touch down with ~65 m/s.

Spoiler

NKfSeLq.png

Spoiler

m1LCerS.png

Download BETA CX-20

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, um, am a bit confused as to the contents of this pack. There are a million packs, but it isn't really clear what's in each. Some of the parts here overlap a bit with Tantares, so I would only like to have some of this installed, but it isn't very clear what's where. Hopefully you can include a more thorough description in the OP, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Hopefully you can include a more thorough description in the OP, unless I'm missing something.

The OP is now clearer. New Pictures will be come next week. Manual is in work but this will be time and comes with next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmmm... Something about this mod broke antennas again when I updated.

Maybe, probably not, something could be at Contares antennas. I lack the divine component to see your problem telepathically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for the Spaceplanes. It's a small pack includes all Contares Spaceplanes. Copy the GameData into [KSP]\GameData Directory and replace all existing Files.

Whats new:

- ESA IXV included
- CX-20 military and civil version included
- missing RCS-Transform and thrustTransform on CX-20 civil now working

Contares Spaceplanes BETA 2.0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snapshot of "ultra secret" project named SWAN

Spoiler

2nLHZmO.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contares Spaceplanes BETA becomes an update. Download via link in the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @hraban, will you add control surfaces to these?

 

Also, is it possible to add hatches to them? I like adding crew capacity to them, and I kinda want to be able to remove them.

Just a question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CommanderSpock said:

Hey @hraban, will you add control surfaces to these?

 

Also, is it possible to add hatches to them? I like adding crew capacity to them, and I kinda want to be able to remove them.

Just a question.

Control surfaces was not planed. For crew, the CX-37b is to small. There is a cargobay and it's planed to build foldable solarpanels and some equipment for 'GOGI' and 'SWAN' CX-37b.

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hraban said:

Control surfaces was not planed. For crew, the CX-37b is to small. There is a cargobay and it's planed to build foldable solarpanels and some equipment for 'GOGI' and 'SWAN' CX-37b.

Well, I know it's too small. I just have a thing for small crewed spacecraft. If you can't though, it's fine.

 

Why aren't you doing control surfaces though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CommanderSpock said:

Why aren't you doing control surfaces though?

The flight behavior of very small objects with corresponding control surfaces is completely unrealistic. For this purpose there is the difficulty of placing the control surfaces on small objects accurately. The calculation of the correct center of mass is very difficult. The control movements of the control surfaces would, realistically, so small that you could almost do not recognize in the simulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hraban said:

The flight behavior of very small objects with corresponding control surfaces is completely unrealistic. For this purpose there is the difficulty of placing the control surfaces on small objects accurately. The calculation of the correct center of mass is very difficult. The control movements of the control surfaces would, realistically, so small that you could almost do not recognize in the simulation.

Alright. On the other topic, do you think you could maybe make an unrealistic version of the ship and add a crew module without changing the size? It's totally fine if you can't, I just want to cover all the bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CommanderSpock said:

Alright. On the other topic, do you think you could maybe make an unrealistic version of the ship and add a crew module without changing the size? It's totally fine if you can't, I just want to cover all the bases.

In order to add a crew, the model has to be increased by 59%. In the only 0.74m by measuring body fits, less wall thickness and heat shield, no Kerbal including protective suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any example .craft using the klipper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

any example .craft using the klipper?

See Here::

Spoiler

 

OsNFbqj.png

 

Search coresponding Parts by tag = PINBOL

As Launcher use the FENIKS without boosters.

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next release 1.7.4 comes on Saturday 2016/07/09

- full 1.1.3 compatibility
- include all Spaceplanes
- include YENISEI 5 launcher (SLS counterpart lifts 110t to LKO)

Spoiler

K08X2So.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hraban said:

Next release 1.7.4 comes on Saturday 2016/07/09

- full 1.1.3 compatibility
- include all Spaceplanes
- include YENISEI 5 launcher (SLS counterpart lifts 110t to LKO)

  Hide contents

K08X2So.png


 

Isn't it derived from Energia or am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trooperMNG said:

Isn't it derived from Energia or am I wrong?

It is ... Yenisei-5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hraban said:

It is ... Yenisei-5

Cool! At first I thought it was just your default naming procedure :) nice work, really love Energia derived projects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.