hraban

[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You should consider adding the real life spacecraft's names in the tags in case someone like myself can't remember their in-game names. :P

I'm thinking about. It's eventually ready when BDB launchers convey the real predetermined maximum payload in KSP physical minimum orbits between 75km and 130km without after that to accomplish a trip to Mun or moreCan you manage that in the foreseeable future? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hraban said:

I'm thinking about. It's eventually ready when BDB launchers convey the real predetermined maximum payload in KSP physical minimum orbits between 75km and 130km without after that to accomplish a trip to Mun or moreCan you manage that in the foreseeable future? :P

Hey, if you have a problem post it over on the BDB thread and we'll see it get taken care of. I was merely suggesting you make things easier on people. There's no need to bash on us when I enter your territory. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally there will be a suitable solar panel for ATV and related spacecraft. The animation is already running round and soft. Some sort of bug in Unity or KSP shows the solar panel in the VAB correct, but on the launchpad deployed to 10%. Until next release will hopefully work.

Spoiler

tMhroN0.png

 

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hraban said:

Finally there will be a suitable solar panel for ATV and related spacecraft. The animation is already running round and soft. Some sort of bug in Unity or KSP shows the solar panel in the VAB correct, but on the launchpad deployed to 10%. Until next release will hopefully work.

  Hide contents

tMhroN0.png

 

Hey Hraban, Beale just released an update with a ATV solar panel, it would just be a double

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trooperMNG said:

Hey Hraban, Beale just released an update with a ATV solar panel, it would just be a double

The model created by @curtquarquesso and @Beale does not meet my requirements. The solar panel of the ATV has 4 panels on a boom. The Tantares version has only 3 panelsThus, it is not a duplicate but a reasonable extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hraban said:

The model created by @curtquarquesso and @Beale does not meet my requirements. The solar panel of the ATV has 4 panels on a boom. The Tantares version has only 3 panelsThus, it is not a duplicate but a reasonable extension.

Sorry, too tired, didn't notice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even HTV gets a few updates. So a lightweight orbital module for the manned transportation capsule including solar panels. In the picture, only the solar panels can be seen next to the capsule. The orbital module is still in the spray painting workshop.

Spoiler

cej3hjL.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IS there a way to get this standalone? I would like it, all of it, and not need all of tanteres to use it. how can you do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

IS there a way to get this standalone? I would like it, all of it, and not need all of tanteres to use it. how can you do this?

Contares can also be installed without Tantares. There are since Release 1.7.3 no additional dependencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hraban said:

Contares can also be installed without Tantares. There are since Release 1.7.3 no additional dependencies.

oh.... CKAN!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HTV/KTV fictional lightweight orbital engine and unpressorized storage module and deployable fixed position solar panels.

Spoiler

LfUhtIi.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a small deployable Solarpanel for CX-37b will also come with next release.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Any Chance of a Cryogenics Engines patch? Most of the engines are cryogenic in nature.

In near future i plan to implement the cryogenic engine from @Nertea but this needs time and has no priority. On Contares, less then 40% of the Engines was driven by cryogenic fuel like LH2 or Methane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about an Apollo like command module for Kerbals? 2.5m diameter, integrated heat shield and 0.625m docking node on top?

Spoiler

jLhCGtN.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hraban said:

How about an Apollo like command module for Kerbals? 2.5m diameter, integrated heat shield and 0.625m docking node on top?

  Hide contents

jLhCGtN.png

 

 

 

Oh, now that is lovely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hraban said:

How about an Apollo like command module for Kerbals? 2.5m diameter, integrated heat shield and 0.625m docking node on top?

It's very rounded compared to the real life counterpart.

Also do you intend on making the SM, a parachute, the proper docking port, or all/none of the above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's very rounded compared to the real life counterpart.

Also do you intend on making the SM, a parachute, the proper docking port, or all/none of the above?

 

Agreed. With the Apollo capsule, there was a significantly sharper cutoff making the heatshield end much blunter. I'm not terribly concerned about a service module as I tend to fashion my own. Docking ports are a big concern, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey will the space plane winglets and other aerodynamic parts of this mod have a compatability config for use with FAR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 123nick said:

hey will the space plane winglets and other aerodynamic parts of this mod have a compatability config for use with FAR?

 

2 hours ago, RickKermen said:

Found it on CKAN, i did a quick search but couldn't find if it's compatible with RSS/ Real Fuels, is it?

Thanks

Take time to read more then the last page guys. This Mod is for Stock-KSP. No FAR support and no RSS support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hraban said:

 

Take time to read more then the last page guys. This Mod is for Stock-KSP. No FAR support and no RSS support.

sorry. but ok, i guess i dont need FAR compatability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's very rounded compared to the real life counterpart.

Also do you intend on making the SM, a parachute, the proper docking port, or all/none of the above?

 

8 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Agreed. With the Apollo capsule, there was a significantly sharper cutoff making the heatshield end much blunter. I'm not terribly concerned about a service module as I tend to fashion my own. Docking ports are a big concern, though.

Reworked heatshield for more realism look. Treble parachute (and other parachutes) was on work but the animation, build in Unity 5, will not work correct. Nosecone with escape system is planed. A corresponding docking port would be virtually a waste product alongside. The service module and the engine is probably something for BDB :wink:

Spoiler

OQ3EO5S.pngzff92U9.png83eYLPL.png

 

Meeting time

 

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VenomousRequiem you mean this? The Apollo Docking Node without probe.

Spoiler

WbgiOYl.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.