[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

17 minutes ago, Well said:

@hraban You have never planned a landing gear or skates for your shuttles? :P

Hello Well,

since the release of 1.1.3 have landing gear and landing legs in KSP the quality of rubber rods with glass tires. If that is repaired sometime of SQUAD I think about the design of landing gear and Skids.

Edited by hraban

OK I understands :)

actually, I try to convert stock air-brakes in skates! Strange ideas but why not .... :D

Stock Landing gears are not really adequate for shuttle....

Edited by Well

Again a little future but not science fiction.

Based on the idea of the PAROM tug provides Contares the FLOSS tug.
Similar to TKS up, but significantly smaller and lighter PAROM is a solid idea for the detachment of the PROGRESS spacecraft.

62Prd5G.pngvwqntjv.png

KSP dimensions:

mass: 6.8t full loaded
length: 3.5m with docking ports (Ø 0.9375m)
diameter: max. 1.875m

FLOSS can accommodate two Kerbals for several days. For example, for the transfer from one station to another.

Edited by hraban

Parom it's also designed for Klipper (Pinbol) :D

kliper_parom_dock_1.jpg

"The modular nature of the Parom spacecraft adds a potential for virtually unlimited upgrades of the vehicle.

As a result, the Kliper-Parom combination could become a foundation for the manned exploration of the Moon and even expeditions to Mars."

18 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Nice stuff!

Would it be easy to add RCS a the rear of GOGI?

Btw, a GOGI upscaled to 2.5 make a really nice automated space shuttle.

I think the GOGI will be revised in future with a maximal body diameter of 1.875m. Also the IXV will be downscaled to 0.9375m.

Here a comparision of all "one part" space planes (ok, the military CX-20 is not on the picture).

It5aABG.png

now with Hermes @Well

Edited by hraban

34 minutes ago, Nukeproof said:

I am a little confused but do you need Tantares as well as this for it to work?

Many of Contares parts represent a meaningful addition for Tantares and Tantares LV. However, there is no work commitment to Beale. So far I like it and it is at all possible, I stick to the color scheme of Beale.

Contares focus is on many construction sites that have not been taken up by Beale. However, there are a few overlaps which have emerged from aesthetical or technical reasons. This includes PINBOL (Kliper), the Chinese-based parts and the ATV.

Typical additions for Tantares concern the provision of ZIRP (BREEZ) for ALV (Proton). Alternative upper stages for TLV (Soyuz). Special decoupler and small parts such as antennas. periscopes, parachutes and radars.

Contares has evolved into an independent Mod since the first version in October, 2015.

Edited by hraban

23 hours ago, hraban said:

Many of Contares parts represent a meaningful addition for Tantares and Tantares LV. However, there is no work commitment to Beale. So far I like it and it is at all possible, I stick to the color scheme of Beale.

Contares focus is on many construction sites that have not been taken up by Beale. However, there are a few overlaps which have emerged from aesthetical or technical reasons. This includes PINBOL (Kliper), the Chinese-based parts and the ATV.

Typical additions for Tantares concern the provision of ZIRP (BREEZ) for ALV (Proton). Alternative upper stages for TLV (Soyuz). Special decoupler and small parts such as antennas. periscopes, parachutes and radars.

Contares has evolved into an independent Mod since the first version in October, 2015.

Thank you for your detailed answer.

HOPE-XL is now ready for manned missions.

Yh6m458.png

ESLIK is a single stage launcher for payloads up to 2t. Driven by 4 modified RK-0-100 (Engine of H-II). ESLIK is full reusable. Only the Fairing of the Payload will be burned up by reentry.

KGXc7tz.png

Model of Junkers RT-8. I'm not sure to make it ready for KSP.

1yh7UzL.png6dBc5Sv.png

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.