[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

Very nice add-on, Hraban, it's quite well-polished.

I really like your Zarya/Big Soyuz, i was really surprised when i found out it had an IVA!

My only gripes though, is that some engines don't have bottom modes.

Edited by Sylandro

Impressions of the new and animated Periscope

... on Friday also in your KSP!

- - - Updated - - -

Sylandro said:
Very nice add-on, Hraban, it's quite well-polished.

I really like your Zarya/Big Soyuz, i was really surprised when i found out it had an IVA!

My only gripes though, is that some engines don't have bottom modes.

The IVA is from Tantares/TUCANA

All Engines work fine :P

Edited by hraban

I may be able to help. The pictures look correct, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Are you trying to offset the surface attachment point of the part?

You've hit the nail on the head. For the image I had to manually position the antenna. Otherwise the surface attachment point lies exactly on the axis of rotation.

OoooOOOOooooh what is that?

This is a fictional spaceship based on the different approaches of different nations and alliances.

The crew capsule:

Base diameter: 1.875 m

Docking Diameter: 0.9375 m

Height: 1.2 m

Crew: 3 to 4 Kerbals

The crew capsule can be either equipped with a heat shield can be used as cargo or transfer unit for space stations.

The engine module:

Base diameter: 2.5 m

Upper diameter: 1.875 m

Engines: 4 multiple ignitable alcohol / oxygen engines with a total of 160 kN thrust

With this engine module, the unit can be used as a standalone spacecraft. The engines are strong enough to be used as a rescue system. They can also support the landing.

A use as landing module for outer-kerbin operations is possible with a corresponding lander (heat shield with integrated landing gear).

((The best of: ATV advanced, HTV advanced, PPTS and other project studies))

- - - Updated - - -

Listing RealPlumes as a dependency on CKAN, eh? Not everyone's computer can handle that too well and a lot of people are too lazy to install your mod manually! :P

CONTARES is listed on CKAN. Those who "RealPlume" do not like or can not operate are welcome to create standard configurations with corresponding effects.

Who does not succeed to install "Real Plume" should not loiter in the modding area :P

Edited by hraban

Looks nice! Is it supposed to be similar to any RL capsule? Pardon if this should be obvious as I don't have much knowledge in the area :blush:. Once you get more experience I would love to see windows added. Great work so far.

I like the new capsule. I really like the Tantares Gemini, but I think we have needed a 1.875 base capsule that can accommodate a docking port at the top that is larger than .625. I know the TKS VA also fits that profile, but I've never been comfortable saying that 3 Kerbals can squeeze into that VA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.