[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

8 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

I dont...is that in the contares mod proper?

barring that, acceptable substitutes?

One of my instructors has been advocating a thesis decades ago that I undeniably share: try it out, it can be, at most, wrong.

1 minute ago, RaiderMan said:

running head first into 'nothing fits right' territory for pigsnout.

with the puck..I can use a tantares 'disk chute' and be happy with it...

may I suggest for the next update, including the chutes for the pigsnout capsule, and puck capsule?

No, the Contares Parachutes comes into the Core-Mod. There are no unique parachutes for CBAe MRRC or BERG. Take more time to read the older Posts. Thanks

Quick Q on the Federazija, I cant find any recent pictures of the mock-ups and CG images of the capsule with the 'chin' (or nose if you prefer) on it, the one used for the forward RCS thrusters. Has it been deleted from the design or is it a case of its still there but  not on show?

5 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Quick Q on the Federazija, I cant find any recent pictures of the mock-ups and CG images of the capsule with the 'chin' (or nose if you prefer) on it, the one used for the forward RCS thrusters. Has it been deleted from the design or is it a case of its still there but  not on show?

Take a look here:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=23160.0
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federazija_(Raumschiff)
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/ppts.html

The chin in the version of Contares is a bit bigger and heavier.  The later and earlier versions do not have this chin, but smaller and symmetrically arranged RCS systems just below the CoM of the capsule.

14 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

dunno if this is a bug or not..but the 'Shuguang' does not float and sinks like a rock on water landings.

The NBS Mod is a test as described. The P-714 capsule is set to sink, because Chinese space capsules are designed for landing on the mainland, but this is still revised so that operation in career mode is possible.

15 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

There are a couple capsules designed to use with flotation parts and if you don't they sink.

Most of the capsules have been redesigned to prevent them from sinking like stones.

9 hours ago, hraban said:

Take a look here:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=23160.0
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federazija_(Raumschiff)
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/ppts.html

The chin in the version of Contares is a bit bigger and heavier.  The later and earlier versions do not have this chin, but smaller and symmetrically arranged RCS systems just below the CoM of the capsule.

I liked that chin, gave it a unique look

Something I noticed when I was using the skids (the short, angled one(original), not the CX-15 skid). I had put 3 of them on the Dream Crusher Cargo in a tricycle config, on landing it pitched forward and did the whole landing run all the way to stop on the nose skid, then it fell back onto the others once stopped. Too much friction? Also would it be an idea for the skid to go from angled to flat when on the ground? 

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

Something I noticed when I was using the skids (the short, angled one(original), not the CX-15 skid). I had put 3 of them on the Dream Crusher Cargo in a tricycle config, on landing it pitched forward and did the whole landing run all the way to stop on the nose skid, then it fell back onto the others once stopped. Too much friction? Also would it be an idea for the skid to go from angled to flat when on the ground? 

All Contares skids and landing legs do not conform to the KSP-type landing legs/gears configurations. They are just standard parts with built-in animations. For this reason, there is no interaction with the ground in the form of suspension or friction. The observed frictional effect corresponds to the behavior of mesh colliders of ordinary parts.

Edited by hraban

4 hours ago, hraban said:

All Contares skids and landing legs do not conform to the KSP-type landing legs/gears configurations. They are just standard parts with built-in animations. For this reason, there is no interaction with the ground in the form of suspension or friction. The observed frictional effect corresponds to the behavior of mesh colliders of ordinary parts.

Ah ok. Explains a lot l, guess ill redesign with wheels

11 hours ago, aconfusedkerbal said:

I've had an issue when the h3 second stage (single engine tank) it says that it comes with an engine but i cant seem to get the engine to work

The single engine / tank combination for H3 is an artefact and will be removed. Use the reworked 2nd stage tank and add one engine in the middle if you want only one.

10 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Is there plans for BLACK ARROW, BLACK PRINCE/Europa, Skylon etc?

The old tea storage containers (BLACK ARROW, BLACK PRINCE) with mainland smacks (Europa) are not planned. The testing of the Skylon is provisionally postponed, as are all other new projects. Until further notice, everything focuses on the separation of the mod into smaller bites and the fine tuning of the submods.

Edited by hraban

30 minutes ago, garwel said:

I want to add compatibility for Kerbal Health but I can't find a link to the source in the OP. Do you have Github or something?

It is planned to move the core and submodes to Github after the essential work of the split has been completed.  This work will probably take a few weeks. In the meantime, no further updates will be made on Contares 1.x.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Does this require tantares? In CKAN it forces you to install tantares and tantares LV but I don't see it listed as required. I only want the spaceplanes so don't really want tantares.

None of the Tantares mods is needed. The configuration of CKAN is not managed by me. 

Install Contares manually, then you can learn something :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just wanted to ask you one thing. Is there a way to have working tweakables with CONTARES? How can I rescale the various parts. I have Tweakable everything installed and so I can rescale almost every part, except for CONTARES parts.. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.