[Closed] Nupols Mk2 Additions (free blendfiles)

Nupol

Header-Forum.png

Hello fellow Kerbonauts,

i am planning on making some MK2 Additions in my spare time.

What is Planned?

- Landing Engines

- Landing Gear

- RCS Module

- Engine + Landing Gear (combined)

- Cargo Bay

- Cargo Elevator

- Elevator

- things that may come into my mind spontaneously

and i would love to hear some ideas from you guys.

I will try my best to keep them Stockalike as Possible.

If anyone is interested in a collaboration to develop this Project faster send me a PM.

Edited by Nupol

Ooh These look nice. A suggestion I gotta make though, the Mk2 landing legs should go out a good bit for a wider base, otherwise craft utilizing them are likely to fall over on sloped terrain. This would also make it easier for rovers and whatnot to get underneath the ship to load/unload cargo.

Ooh These look nice. A suggestion I gotta make though, the Mk2 landing legs should go out a good bit for a wider base, otherwise craft utilizing them are likely to fall over on sloped terrain. This would also make it easier for rovers and whatnot to get underneath the ship to load/unload cargo.

something like this?

MK2 Landing Legs V2 by lennartsolik on Sketchfab

Edited by Nupol

Animation Preview

I also have redone the sides of the Air and LandingRockets parts so that they match better with Squads stock parts. (not in the video)

Does someone know if it´s legal to use Squads mk2 Textures? or edit them and create new textures out of them?

Edited by Nupol

Looks great! Could there be an additional part for the landing legs that didn't telescope? Sort of a low-profile leg where the craft sits lower to the ground?

How low? since i am planning on making some more landing legs it should be possible to include a low profile one.

Maybe something like sledge,extending from hull,and then use hinge to align the skids to ground.
I feel like that's a bit too low... I mean like the landing legs that are already made only without the telescoping part. Half-height.

Sorry the picture was just for reference,how low profile legs would look.They should extend more,but not as much as telescopic one.

Then again,i prefer to have more clearance,you can always adjust the strength of "suspension Spring",so when certain weight is applied,the spring shrinks,not leaving much clearance.

This method works great in combination with AutoBalancingLandingLeg.

Maybe you had landing frame in mind?

dCW3jy6.jpg?1

Edited by sebi.zzr

something like this?

MK2 Landing Legs V2 by lennartsolik on Sketchfab

Sort of, I was thinking of something more like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Ps8MAmj.png

Not that this part is bad, but having the legs extend to a point where they are wider than the actual Mk2 fuselage would make landings a lot more stable.

If you change how the leg animation is placed oriented, you'd be able to match what Fungus is suggesting. Have the Leg part itself mounted on the outer edge area (rather than underneath close to the centerline) and the support piston closer to centerline (close to where the legs are now). This will let the legs swing down then out further before extending, giving it a wider base for lateral stability. (I'd do a picture, but I'm lazy and half-dead right now. I can throw one together if you want clarification.)

I agree with the wider leg spacing for stability, but I also like the current design with the legs starting from close to centerline. If Nupol is willing to do variations though...

I like the concepts you have presented and am looking forward to trying your mod. It appears to be a really good set of additions to the MK2 parts list that could become stock parts if done well. Your new parts are things most SSTO fans have probably wanted at some point in some form or another. Thanks for doing this mod and addressing these MK2 gaps. I am excited to try and balance the CoM and CoVT with your new parts!

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Nupol said:

I am sorry guys but this thread can be closed. I think i will not finish this set since i got no time beside school.

Damn, that's unfortunate.

Maybe you should release WIP assets? Stuff shown so far is pretty damn useful - somebody is bound to take interest in continuing development.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.