Hermes Interplanetary Spacecraft (from The Martian) [DISCONTINUED]

xxhansonmaxx

On 1/17/2016 at 2:05 AM, xxhansonmaxx said:

@davidy12 Hmm, I didn't realize that lol. I might make a single part ring.

@NateDaBeast The MAV is still in its early modeling phase, it's really really hard to model. You can watch it on the stream tmrw 1~2pm PST

Hope tmrw's Falcon 9 launch goes well :)

A perfect Job Man, congratulations on this mod, i am using parts from it in my Station build :D

If i might have a few Tips/Suggestions:

1. Don't make the Ring one single Piece, instead it could be done like in the Interstellar Endurance Mod - the ring is one piece and the Modules snap to it radially - this way you could even make different modules with different IVA's or purposes ;) (a Low-Part Ring is always good for some builds - i use the 1st version from your mod = the Single-Part ring)

2. The Utility Modules are a bit useless - i have added Life Support and Monoprop Resources to it and now it seems to make more sense ;)

3. the RCS is a bit weak - maybe tweak it to 3-4 ? (again, Partcount)

4. Again for Part-Count friendliness - instead of separate "triangular" docking ports for the ring struts, maybe just change the nodes on the modules themselves to be docking ports ? ("Weld" the triangular docking ports to the ring struts and weld Clamp-O-Trons to the Ring connector tubes)

5. Same for the IRIS, add KIS Storage and Life Support

Again, great stuff man ;)

On 2016/1/26 at 9:44 AM, xxhansonmaxx said:

@sashan It wouldn't... the windows are different and the mav seats face outwards

Thanks everyone! I just finished MAV legs!

1KJgchN.png

@01010101lzy I could, then u will have to put 8 engines on the mdv lol

The landing legs are great!

p.s. I don't want to put 8 engines on the MDV lol

@xxhansonmaxx My idea is to have the parts downloadable. And have a save so if you cant manage to get to Duna you can just use a few saves 1 landed 1 not landed srta thing. Also maybee add mars as a planet. So you can recreate the movie and go into Schiaparelli? Also add a crippled hab? 

2 hours ago, wissx said:

@xxhansonmaxx My idea is to have the parts downloadable. And have a save so if you cant manage to get to Duna you can just use a few saves 1 landed 1 not landed srta thing. Also maybee add mars as a planet. So you can recreate the movie and go into Schiaparelli? Also add a crippled hab? 

I don't think that will be possible.

24 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I don't think that will be possible.

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE according to Mark Watney. Also what would be hard? You can model mars you can make a solar system people have done it.

Hmm.... KerbalStuff is down right now, I was going to release 0.3 :D

0.3 basically adds the MDV IVA

Sorry guys no stream today, bunch of hw

@wissx You can download the parts, might need to wait a while kerbalstuff is down rn. I could make saves, but then u can't add stuff to the ship. The hab.... I might make one

Off topic:

Meanwhile on Earth, I made a new website! http://hansonma.org/ It has a bunch of pics I took from school sports :P

2 hours ago, xxhansonmaxx said:

Hmm.... KerbalStuff is down right now, I was going to release 0.3 :D

0.3 basically adds the MDV IVA

Sorry guys no stream today, bunch of hw

@wissx You can download the parts, might need to wait a while kerbalstuff is down rn. I could make saves, but then u can't add stuff to the ship. The hab.... I might make one

Off topic:

Meanwhile on Earth, I made a new website! http://hansonma.org/ It has a bunch of pics I took from school sports :P

Looks EPIC BUDDY!!!

Can't wait to see the Hermes and Centrifuge IVA.

PS: Are you going to remake the centrifuge?

On 2/1/2016 at 8:01 AM, sashan said:

Would be awesome to have RPM transparent pod support. For this type of scenes (Note Johanssen in the centrifuge) :P

lNdWTJK.png 

I've seen transparency before in a mod called Panopticon: 

Edited by hypervelocity

38 minutes ago, Aponix said:

hey , could you upload it on GitHub ? Kerbal Stuff is down so I have no chance to download this masterpiece...... :(

Kerbal Stuff is down ... forever ;.;

Hate to see it but it's true he's shutting it down. KerbalStuff was the best place for mods.