Hermes Interplanetary Spacecraft (from The Martian) [DISCONTINUED]

xxhansonmaxx

3 hours ago, [MG]Atlas said:

oDcGt5L.png

They can dock to the Hermes but wait.. with a nosecone ? That doesen't even make sense!

Oh Hollywood, not dealing with the actual ins and outs of space travel. Stuff like docking and plane transfers *cough* Gravity *cough*

Let me start off with the fact that the mod looks absolutely beautiful but it doesn't work for me even though I have Infernal Robotics. The other this is: will this turn into a full blown The Martian mod with Hermes, MDV, MAV, and (possibly?) a HAB? If so then super ultra props to all

-Peace Out

On 14.4.2016 at 2:47 AM, Goat Master said:

The mod works for me now and I have to say it is beautiful. But whenever I turn the centripetal wheel on, it explodes. So I'm not sure what is causing that.

Don't spin it (I've got the same issue) thats the best solution.

Edited by [MG]Atlas
Typo

On 9/4/2016 at 8:26 AM, [MG]Atlas said:

They can dock to the Hermes but wait.. with a nosecone ? That doesen't even make sense!

Question 2: why would you bring a +3 tons heat shield to mars surface and lunch it afterward? Its not even being used in mars decent!

Having said that, that capsule is realy cool, I am sure I will use the full MAV when its released.

I think its modeled around a direct return Apollo style. This is the capsule that do Earth reentry, which make no sence if you have a capable and expensive ship like the hermes.

Edit: I see no reason to do not this in kerbal. Most of my Duna ride have been done with low tech and trow away tug.

Edited by RedParadize