Hermes Interplanetary Spacecraft (from The Martian) [DISCONTINUED]

xxhansonmaxx

Btw, how are you managing the crew tube and airlock?
I always had distinct feeling that that room with suits and such is in the 1st stage or even in the landing one. It would make no sense to haul it all the way up to orbit again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with the ring and basically it's when I click (In-Game) to the Infernal Robotics tab and click on an arrow to let it spin it spins for 1 secs and the it explodes. Why is it exploding?

I really like the mod and will there be a Martian like Hab (Base that can Inflate itself) or something comming? 

26 minutes ago, [MG]Atlas said:

I have a problem with the ring and basically it's when I click (In-Game) to the Infernal Robotics tab and click on an arrow to let it spin it spins for 1 secs and the it explodes. Why is it exploding?

I really like the mod and will there be a Martian like Hab (Base that can Inflate itself) or something comming? 

Did you scale a legacy IR part? This happens if you double the size of any of the old IR parts. (I just did this too so don't feel too bad)

I am feeling that all of what we wish to happen with this mod is going to be unveiled when 1.1 comes out. And even then it'll take some time to transfer everything over to the new Unity. So, be patient and all will be released before you. 

xxHansonMaxx says he is very busy and doesn't have time to work on this, his current work is in the middle of texturing the Mar Ascent Vehicle.  As for 1.1 I will do everything for the new Unity, but unfortunately I don't have the steam version so I can't do the pre-release and have to wait til the full release :( 

@Goat Master I don't know what to say, it seems to work for everyone else but this mod is kind of on a hold until 1.1 is released

12 hours ago, OrbitalEscape said:

xxHansonMaxx says he is very busy and doesn't have time to work on this, his current work is in the middle of texturing the Mar Ascent Vehicle.  As for 1.1 I will do everything for the new Unity, but unfortunately I don't have the steam version so I can't do the pre-release and have to wait til the full release :( 

@Goat Master I don't know what to say, it seems to work for everyone else but this mod is kind of on a hold until 1.1 is released

Ok I can understand why but I'll try again and see in 1.1

On 3/26/2016 at 4:00 PM, V8jester said:

Did you scale a legacy IR part? This happens if you double the size of any of the old IR parts. (I just did this too so don't feel too bad)

I fixed the problem it was a JSI issue. I can load and fly it I still have the stability issue but yeah I don't have to spin it.

Edited by [MG]Atlas
Fixed the issue

8 hours ago, xxhansonmaxx said:

I didn't forget about you guys! I'm just really busy with my school and website stuff...

I did some work on the heat shield today :) I haven't had the time to try out 1.1 yet

BvVAxbN.png

Heatshield? What would that be used for?

21 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Probably a contingency abort landing.

What point would that serve though? There isn't a way off of Mars other than the MAV, so re-entry and landing would be a waste of space for fuel and a bit of extra Mass that could be used for, fuel.

5 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

What point would that serve though? There isn't a way off of Mars other than the MAV, so re-entry and landing would be a waste of space for fuel and a bit of extra Mass that could be used for, fuel.

"Real life scenario" - Loose power on a main engine.... Forced to abort. Either allow astronauts to plummet do there death... Or, provide a way to escape just like the current Orion capsule can escape during lift off and land safely. At which time a rescue mission from earth / Kerbin would then be in the works and the astronauts would need to go into "Mark Watney" mode.

8 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I've always thought the MAV was docked to the Hermes with the second stage still attached (It would be used to rendezvous with The Hermes in Mars's orbit and have some fuel left instead of depleting it to reach escape velocity), and later be used to take the crew from the Hermes back to Earth like the Orion Spacecraft.

Edited by _Krieger_

@Sgt.Shutesie Like @V8jester was saying, it could be used for abort situations, I'm assuming they had chutes on it.

@Table Not quite there yet...

@_Krieger_ For docking, the MAV would probably be on her second stage. I don't think the MAV would be attached for the entire trip home.

Here I finished the MAV capsule textures, still got the rest to do. Hopefully @OrbitalEscape will get it in game lol

oDcGt5L.png

Edited by xxhansonmaxx