wanna replay KSP - addon suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I want to replay KSP but I don't want to do the exact same thing again. The most fun thing for me is to figure out new stuff.

The last run I ended because my spaceship parts I wanted to assemble in orbit didn't fit ... even though I had used the connectors as a prefab so they were 100% the same distance blabla.

Anyways, I know there are some mods out there that redesign the career mode, all new contracts, maybe even start unmanned and such. But which ones are good? Which things work well together?

Has anyone played several and can give me tips which things are good?

Is there maybe a site where people vote on mods with a star system or something?

cheers,

SoWe

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

I recently started as save with the Engineering Tech Tree mod, and all the suggested mods that can go with it. These include Interstellar, FASA, Firespitter, KWRocketry, and a few others I don't remember off the top of my head. I also suggest Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kerbal Engineer Redux. This setup makes for a very interesting game with lots of options for tech tree unlocking and rocket building, and other fun stuff. I added TAC Life Support to this, you might consider that as well.

Not sure I understand how to 'replay' a game with no ending :) But assuming you mean you're looking for a fresh start, I'd consider primarily suggest New Horizons for a nice change of pace if you're used to the stock system.

To draw the game out longer, drop your science income to 10-20%, get Community Tech Tree, and fill it with things that you personally enjoy, e.g. Space Y, Atomic Age, Near Future, Infernal Robotics, MKII Expansion - whatever floats your boat really. A new stack of mods each career will generally give you a pretty different focus and play style :)

Not sure I understand how to 'replay' a game with no ending :) But assuming you mean you're looking for a fresh start, I'd consider primarily suggest New Horizons for a nice change of pace if you're used to the stock system.

To draw the game out longer, drop your science income to 10-20%, get Community Tech Tree, and fill it with things that you personally enjoy, e.g. Space Y, Atomic Age, Near Future, Infernal Robotics, MKII Expansion - whatever floats your boat really. A new stack of mods each career will generally give you a pretty different focus and play style :)

Well, ive been out of the forums for a long time and the game for about the same period of time and i was browsing around on google images for ksp ssto's and found this really cool one and i thought "hey ill try to remake it!" since the thing looked like it was more than a few versions old. as for mods i was never one of those players i would always download a bunch of mods and then really think they made the game too easy in some ways (i can be considered a purist but i do think some modes do add alot to the game and do improve it from alot of angles)

but now the said ssto i remade is now on course for jool to assist in building a station and flagging every jool moon.

one mod that i have been considering for a long time now would have to be RSS i haven't heard any recent info on it some dont yell at me if my infos wrong but if im correct it upscales all the planets so that they're the correct size and names and such. so if you're a hardcore player (along with your comp) i would suggest getting it if you want something new and highly challenging.

+1 to New Horizons, it completely rejiggers the solar system (and makes Kerbin a moon of a gas giant), which really changes how the game goes. Lots of new challenges.

Another option instead of New Horizons is Outer Planets Mod, which leaves the existing solar system alone but adds more planets out on the fringes (analogs of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto). Very nicely and professionally done.

If you're looking to change gameplay, consider adding RemoteTech, which makes flying unmanned probes harder: you can't control them unless you have LOS back to KSC, and there's lightspeed delay in controlling them. It means you need to build networks of communications satellites, which is pretty cool.

Another gameplay option is to add TAC Life Support, which means pretty much what it sounds like. Your kerbals consume food, water, and oxygen, and will die if they run out. So you have to design your missions with enough supplies.

Extraplanetary Launchpads adds the ability to build rockets off-world. I played a game where I set myself a rule that as soon as I got enough hardware and tech to be able to mine & manufacture off-world, don't launch anything else from Kerbin and expand completely from my base on Minmus. That was fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.