[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

"Bill! Get the duct tape!"

"Why, Jeb?"

"Bob's seat is floating away again.  And it's starting to go through the hull! We'll have to grab it and tape it to the decking again!"

"What was that stuff Bob put in the reactor again?"

"Don't wanna know Bill; it's probably better that way too."

Jeb has secretly asked mission control what the mysterious substance was that Bob put in the reactor while on EVA the other day.  Mission control says they're unsure,  but Jeb and Bill are unconvinced.   The Clydesdale hull walls are very "soupy" some days, but at least the chairs aren't mysteriously floating away again.

Hm.  I think you may need to R-click the centrifuge in the VAB/SPH and go through the setup menu.  If memory serves (don't have KSP in front of me) in that menu you can configure the greenhouse's settings.  With TAC-LS and only centrifuge and Clydesdale, I have had the DSEV set up with about 120 days of supplies, and had about 85 % recycling efficiency of O2, Food/Nutrients, H2O, CO2, Waste H2O, and Waste.  It could have been higher, but I poorly managed the start of a test flight.

50 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

na i had a spy in the mm patch and its got a hab multiplyer but no base months, so ive added it to ModuleHabitation

BaseKerbalMonths = 100 for the centrafuge and 20 for the Hab that fixed it, 

Any chance you could do a USI-LS review of DSEV and make sure it is balanced with whatever standards there are?

Well the standard line in your mm patch is 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        HabMultiplier = 6

and to get the Centrifuge inline with the mks hab ring it should be 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        BaseKerbalMonths = 497,5
        HabMultiplier = 0
    }

but i was using this below and it seems fair and althow less than the usi stuff, it feels more balenced.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        BaseKerbalMonths = 120
        HabMultiplier = 6
    }

and that section i was reducing to 100 for the standard hab modules, and for the heisenberg stuff.

thats all ive played with, but again i love this mod! mainly that engine !

On 3/8/2017 at 1:41 PM, Angel-125 said:

Any chance you could do a USI-LS review of DSEV and make sure it is balanced with whatever standards there are?

Just so people know, there are actually very extensive guidelines - with instructions on how to use them:

22 hours ago, DStaal said:

Just so people know, there are actually very extensive guidelines - with instructions on how to use them:

And they are pretty easy to follow...just saying... :D

Honestly, I've got to get around to updating my own but haven't had time yet to check the MM configs...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

So i had the best explostion ive ever had in KSp through overloading one of the Mole docks with my latest DSEV design

Wow! What all did you do to cause the explosion? One second it looked like you were performing an off-center explosion, the next, boom! did you switch vessels or something?

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

So i had the best explostion ive ever had in KSp through overloading one of the Mole docks with my latest DSEV design!

OMG....that was awesome.  I laughed so hard I should've filmed that...it would've been as funny.  

94fa70f8438a5124271400b5401edd7f.jpg

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Wow! What all did you do to cause the explosion? One second it looked like you were performing an off-center explosion, the next, boom! did you switch vessels or something?

I had the recycler activated, and when it got close enough it hung and then boom! Thank god too, i was at 4 fps, and now i dont have to bother with that ship again :P

16 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

When installing DSEV, are both the DSEV and WildBlueTools downloads necessary, or just the DSEV (double checking)

Thanks

yeah you require them for the config of tanks and things, but if you have pathfinder or mole etc you dont need to delete and replace the other folder, just have the one thats the most up to date!

they should all be in the same download thow

Edited by Space Kadet

1 hour ago, Space Kadet said:

yeah you require them for the config of tanks and things, but if you have pathfinder or mole etc you dont need to delete and replace the other folder, just have the one thats the most up to date!

they should all be in the same download thow

Well, the DSEV comes with:

1- 000WildBlueTools
2- DSEV
3- MobileEmitter

So, Im assuming I require nothing more beyond that. Is this correct?

Thanks,

19 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

So, Im assuming I require nothing more beyond that. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Yup... Thw WildBlue Tools download is just for the Tools itself, and is generally, i believe, meant for other mod devs to to grab WBT, for use/incorporation/research into making their OWN mods...

WildBlue Tools is packaged already in all of Angel's mods... So, yeah, "users" dont have to worry about grabbing WBT seperately...
Also, IIRC, he makes sure to keep the mods/WBT versions synced up, so, I beleieve when you install more than one of his mods at the same time, its OK to let the WBT folder be overwritten...

16 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Yup... Thw WildBlue Tools download is just for the Tools itself, and is generally, i believe, meant for other mod devs to to grab WBT, for use/incorporation/research into making their OWN mods...

WildBlue Tools is packaged already in all of Angel's mods... So, yeah, "users" dont have to worry about grabbing WBT seperately...
Also, IIRC, he makes sure to keep the mods/WBT versions synced up, so, I beleieve when you install more than one of his mods at the same time, its OK to let the WBT folder be overwritten...

Good good. That pretty much confirms my suspicions. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.