[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

On 8/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Krakatoa said:

Here's the base as it is now, after installing 5 more modules and reassembling the whole base into a compact package instead of using mineshaft connections. Also a pic of the tank tower and solar panels.

The only module I don't have is a Doc Science with the Sunburn setup because the resources aren't setting up like they are supposed to in my install.  Getting this error in the log, and it shows up no matter the WBI module is trying to be set to Sunburn.

What life support mod are you using, if any?

11 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

No life support.  I'd for sure kill my crews and I feel like normally I have about enough to keep track of.

Thats what i use to think about ls but its surprisingly easy and fun, mist can be set to non lethal when you run out of food, so it just turns hungry kerbals jnto tourists!

@Angel-125 a while back a was asked for some fuel tanks in the dsev form factor (maybe just using the cryo pod external model) with your recinfugureable setup.....  today i have come up with an idea to incentivise the request... monies! I was thinking i could slide you some coin or a voucher for a commision of ti containers of the same external as the cryo but big honkin fuel tanks, one double the length? 

Hows that for an idea? Plus advancdd payment so you can trust it...

Or just setup patreon... :P

1 hour ago, Space Kadet said:

Thats what i use to think about ls but its surprisingly easy and fun, mist can be set to non lethal when you run out of food, so it just turns hungry kerbals jnto tourists!

@Angel-125 a while back a was asked for some fuel tanks in the dsev form factor (maybe just using the cryo pod external model) with your recinfugureable setup.....  today i have come up with an idea to incentivise the request... monies! I was thinking i could slide you some coin or a voucher for a commision of ti containers of the same external as the cryo but big honkin fuel tanks, one double the length? 

Hows that for an idea? Plus advancdd payment so you can trust it...

Or just setup patreon... :P

While I do appreciate the sentiment, it isn't necessary. :) 3.75m tanks are on my list for DSEV. I've been stuck on BARIS for the past couple of months and it totally derailed DSEV. But now that is done I can do more DSEV things...

DSEV 2.2 is now available:

2.2 BARIS
This release introduces BARIS, a new game mechanic that replaces the stock heat mechanic on the mod's converters. You can think of BARIS (the name is a nod to Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space) as a highly customizable Dangit-lite. Don't want your drills or converters to break? Don't want the hassle of parts wearing out? Do you prefer not to send Equipment up to repair your parts, or to requrire specific skills to repair them? No problem! All that and more are options. As always, It's Your Game, Your Choice.

BARIS IS OFF BY DEFAULT! You'll have to opt-in via the Settings->Difficulty->BARIS tab.

With BARIS, your parts now have wear and tear, which is indicated by the part's Quality rating. They're unlikely to break during their normal design life, but they can start to break down after you exceed their design life. If you perform maintenance on them, you can reduce the chance that they'll break. A broken drill or base part won't function, which can be either annoying or life threatening depending upon the mods you have installed. Once you fix the part, it will continue to function, but its design life will be reduced- unless you disable that option.

New Parts
- LSC-30 Air Intake: This is a resized 2.5m version of the stock Shock Cone.
- RBCC-4 "Scimitar" Engine: This is a resized 2.5m version of the stock R.A.P.I.E.R.

17 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Well i still stand by it, ill still incentivise the tanks :P as you've seen most of my ships are dsev or opt spaceplanes, so moreparts and sleeker lines are always sought after :)

Much appreciated. :) Now that BARIS is done, I'm splitting my time between concept design and planning of Pathfinder's Project Sandcastle, and resuming work on DSEV's Odyssey Two release. For a refresher, I was working on this:

ljAltYO.png

s4KkrkU.png

Needs more texture work like detailing around the ladders, but this is essentially a 2.5m version of the Mark One Habitat. These new station parts are an updated version of this:

HWX3l21.png

Which is basically being retired as its successor is rolled into DSEV. Long-time forum users will recognize MCM from a few years ago, and it led to Pathfinder.

I'm also working on the fuel tank revamp in the next release...

Edited by Angel-125

19 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Much appreciated. :) Now that BARIS is done, I'm splitting my time between concept design and planning of Pathfinder's Project Sandcastle, and resuming work on DSEV's Odyssey Two release. For a refresher, I was working on this:

ljAltYO.png

s4KkrkU.png

Needs more texture work like detailing around the ladders, but this is essentially a 2.5m version of the Mark One Habitat. These new station parts are an updated version of this:

HWX3l21.png

Which is basically being retired as its successor is rolled into DSEV. Long-time forum users will recognize MCM from a few years ago, and it led to Pathfinder.

I'm also working on the fuel tank revamp in the next release...

ok that made me giggle ' Long-time forum users will recognize MCM from a few years ago' i still install it :P

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Here you go, blast from the past circa October 2014:

iZ5GDxH.png

And its modern direction:

SqG00lc.png

In the immortal words of Kottabos(Games) ( :D ), "I love it!" :)

Though regarding the auto-cropping of unused nodes, particularly in hub parts (but I guess also in space station modules which "open" at both ends, though as you indicate one could designate an endcap), this would mean that the node itself is not present after launch, right? There may be instances though where a player might want to make a later unplanned addition to the space station/craft in flight, and would like to KIS either a standard or Konstruction docking port on an "unused node" (and in the latter's case, they only take stack attachments). Would that still be possible if the node is trimmed or endcapped?

(PS thanks also for the drills in the Hacienda ISRU!)

5 hours ago, B-STRK said:

In the immortal words of Kottabos(Games) ( :D ), "I love it!" :)

Though regarding the auto-cropping of unused nodes, particularly in hub parts (but I guess also in space station modules which "open" at both ends, though as you indicate one could designate an endcap), this would mean that the node itself is not present after launch, right? There may be instances though where a player might want to make a later unplanned addition to the space station/craft in flight, and would like to KIS either a standard or Konstruction docking port on an "unused node" (and in the latter's case, they only take stack attachments). Would that still be possible if the node is trimmed or endcapped?

(PS thanks also for the drills in the Hacienda ISRU!)

I'm going to guess it's like MKS's auto-hiding nodes: Essentially, it's a 'fairing' that hides or shows depending on which node is being used.  The nodes will all still exist for KIS if you want to attach something outside of the VAB, they just may not be visibly attached to the ship.   (Until you attach something to them and reload the scene.)

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

I'm going to guess it's like MKS's auto-hiding nodes: Essentially, it's a 'fairing' that hides or shows depending on which node is being used.  The nodes will all still exist for KIS if you want to attach something outside of the VAB, they just may not be visibly attached to the ship.   (Until you attach something to them and reload the scene.)

Yeah, that last graphic is a bit out of date. I'm basically going to have a thingy that shows or hide the appropriate mesh depending on what you have attached where.

So, I got finished fixing up the base textures for Pathfinder's Sandcastle parts, and then this happened:

0XYUuFM.png

This is the new Duna-18, first of my revamped 3.75m fuel tanks. As mentioned before, if you've made any vessels with the existing 2.5m or 3.75m tanks, they're safe. I'm just remastering the artwork. The 3.75m tanks will be called Duna, and the 2.5m tanks will be called Delta. Anyway, the Duna-18 is new and is 0.9375m tall, just like the smallest stock 2.5m tank. I plan to have it texture switch to an orange tank.

And how it looks stacked to a couple of D2 science labs:

VXkIzsy.png

Still working on the textures but it's a start. :)

Edited by Angel-125

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

So, I got finished fixing up the base textures for Pathfinder's Sandcastle parts, and then this happened:

0XYUuFM.png

This is the new Duna-18, first of my revamped 3.75m fuel tanks. As mentioned before, if you've made any vessels with the existing 2.5m or 3.75m tanks, they're safe. I'm just remastering the artwork. The 3.75m tanks will be called Duna, and the 2.5m tanks will be called Delta. Anyway, the Duna-18 is new and is 0.9375m tall, just like the smallest stock 2.5m tank. I plan to have it texture switch to an orange tank.

And how it looks stacked to a couple of D2 science labs:

VXkIzsy.png

Still working on the textures but it's a start. :)

beautiful! can i be an cheeks and request cryo tanks support when @Nertea's mod is installed :P
i dont want much :P

@Angel-125, while you're looking at giving DSEV a refresh, I would like to throw in a feature request, if it's doable. I'd like to be able to customize the three tasks that the centrifuge template uses. As it is now, it's a greenhouse and basically an expanded stock-style MPL with crew leveling and science processing and a bunch of seats. Since I don't play with Snacks or any other LS, it would be great to have it be say an MPL, Chemistry Lab, and Smelter, or whatever other combination of templates that make sense in a module half the size of the Bigby. I'd love it to be like Chem lab, Partshop, and Smelter, and have it represent most of what's needed to produce and launch landers or satellites.

8 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

@Angel-125, while you're looking at giving DSEV a refresh, I would like to throw in a feature request, if it's doable. I'd like to be able to customize the three tasks that the centrifuge template uses. As it is now, it's a greenhouse and basically an expanded stock-style MPL with crew leveling and science processing and a bunch of seats. Since I don't play with Snacks or any other LS, it would be great to have it be say an MPL, Chemistry Lab, and Smelter, or whatever other combination of templates that make sense in a module half the size of the Bigby. I'd love it to be like Chem lab, Partshop, and Smelter, and have it represent most of what's needed to produce and launch landers or satellites.

I'm writing my own template going through a few different ones and looking at the Pathfinder wiki. I'm fairly pleased with the balance I've struck with it, and on loading up the game, sure enough there it is in the list of configs for the Centrifuge, which means I even have it pointing the right direction, but I'm getting the same error that was happening with the Sunburn lab that you managed to figure out. What did you do to get the resources to show up like they were supposed to? Should I post my .cfg here or is it a big enough chunk of code at 256 lines (so far) that I should post it elsewhere?

The quest continues! I have all of the resource converters showing up, but I'm not getting the tabs in the Manage Operations UI to set the one experiment slot I'm going to give it/run that experiment. Also not getting the Resources tab. Tried setting the isTweakable to true and false for all the resources it will have, and I don't have a replacement EC in the template. I think those are the only two particular issues I'm having. I'll go ahead and put a link to a dropbox version of my template if anyone has the inkling to look.

Dropbox

3 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I'm writing my own template going through a few different ones and looking at the Pathfinder wiki. I'm fairly pleased with the balance I've struck with it, and on loading up the game, sure enough there it is in the list of configs for the Centrifuge, which means I even have it pointing the right direction, but I'm getting the same error that was happening with the Sunburn lab that you managed to figure out. What did you do to get the resources to show up like they were supposed to? Should I post my .cfg here or is it a big enough chunk of code at 256 lines (so far) that I should post it elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

The quest continues! I have all of the resource converters showing up, but I'm not getting the tabs in the Manage Operations UI to set the one experiment slot I'm going to give it/run that experiment. Also not getting the Resources tab. Tried setting the isTweakable to true and false for all the resources it will have, and I don't have a replacement EC in the template. I think those are the only two particular issues I'm having. I'll go ahead and put a link to a dropbox version of my template if anyone has the inkling to look.

Dropbox

Have you tired starting with the Science Lab template? The only thing I did was fix a missing curly bracket.

I've been busy today building a bridge plugin for BARIS- it lets BARIS be an optional download. I wanted to do that before the 1.0 release but ran out of time. Anyway, didn't have enough time to finish another tank reworking but did make this:

u53pHgk.png

0R1Viek.jpg

Edited by Angel-125

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Have you tired starting with the Science Lab template? The only thing I did was fix a missing curly bracket.

I've been busy today building a bridge plugin for BARIS- it lets BARIS be an optional download. I wanted to do that before the 1.0 release but ran out of time. Anyway, didn't have enough time to finish another tank reworking but did make this:

Hah! The missing curly bracket was exactly my problem. I also changed enableMPLModules to true, thinking that was part of having the experiment slot show up, but do I need it active to have the experiment? I'd actually prefer it not to have any science storage, per se, but just be able to do construction and tool research and the like. With that, is the WBIDataTransferUtility just the module that lets you move data from MPL to MPL? And last (I think) config question, do you need "isKISInventory = true" in the template, or does it pick it up from the part config? I currently have it in, and don't see any issues, but wasn't sure if I was doubling up. Thanks again! Is there a place I could upload it once I clean off the rough edges? Or would anyone care to see/use it in the first place?

51 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Hah! The missing curly bracket was exactly my problem. I also changed enableMPLModules to true, thinking that was part of having the experiment slot show up, but do I need it active to have the experiment? I'd actually prefer it not to have any science storage, per se, but just be able to do construction and tool research and the like. With that, is the WBIDataTransferUtility just the module that lets you move data from MPL to MPL? And last (I think) config question, do you need "isKISInventory = true" in the template, or does it pick it up from the part config? I currently have it in, and don't see any issues, but wasn't sure if I was doubling up. Thanks again! Is there a place I could upload it once I clean off the rough edges? Or would anyone care to see/use it in the first place?

enableMPLModules is only needed for stock mpl functionality. WBIDataTransferUtility lets you transfer data between labs on the same ship. You need isKISInventory to give KIS inventories the proper storage amount.