[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

Or you guys could try my solution:  Delete the TweakableDockingNode .cfg and .dll files from TweakableEverything.  Also got rid of the TweakableDockingNode .xml document in the Plugin Data folder of that mod... Wait, why are there TWO different config files for the same plugin?  I looked at them both, and they're not the same, but I wonder if one is interfering with the other?  I don't know.  Anyway, I'll fire up the game again in a bit, hopefully this will be a temporary thing until TweakableEverything can be updated.  :) 

Mod looks good, I will take a look at it later! Out of curiosity, what kind of engine it uses? I dont think just a liquid fuel engine? 

Edit: Nevermind I found here a lot of designs: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/realdesigns.php#

They look really awesome, I would really like to remake some in KSP if there are enough parts for doing it.

Edited by onlinegamesz

Been working with this mod (specifically the spin habitat) to design a Sarnus mission. It works really well, thanks. But one thing I have noticed: I can't edit the mass of the Masscons. Used to be able to edit those fine in 1.0.5, but now when I click on the Edit Mass button, nothing happens. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

Been working with this mod (specifically the spin habitat) to design a Sarnus mission. It works really well, thanks. But one thing I have noticed: I can't edit the mass of the Masscons. Used to be able to edit those fine in 1.0.5, but now when I click on the Edit Mass button, nothing happens. 

Thanks in advance. 

Sounds like a KSP 1.1 bug. I should have that fixed tomorrow.

On 5/6/2016 at 9:24 AM, Angel-125 said:

Okies, here is 1.1.5. Fixes the masscon window issue. :)

Thank you!  I use Masscons to make command modules to test new lifting bodies.  I relied upon using two Masscon's, one to 'zero' the command modules weight, and the other to set the lift capacity of the lifting body being tested.

I hadn't done the 'Squad and one mod' test yet.  Now I don't have to! :)

1 hour ago, Padrone said:

Thank you!  I use Masscons to make command modules to test new lifting bodies.  I relied upon using two Masscon's, one to 'zero' the command modules weight, and the other to set the lift capacity of the lifting body being tested.

I hadn't done the 'Squad and one mod' test yet.  Now I don't have to! :)

That sounds like a pretty neat way to use them. :) I hadn't thought of using them as mass simulators for launchers...

• 3 weeks later...

The description of the Supernova confuses me.

It says

Alternately, switch to pure fusion pellet pulsed plasma power for lower thrust and higher ISP.

But this

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEnginesFXWBI
		engineID = Hydrogen
		runningEffectName = hydrogenFlame
		thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
		exhaustDamage = True
		ignitionThreshold = 0.1
		minThrust = 0
		maxThrust = 900
		heatProduction = 500
		fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.0

PROPELLANT
		{
		    name = LqdHydrogen
	            ratio = 1.0
		    DrawGauge = True
		}

atmosphereCurve
	 	{
	   	 key = 0 35000
	  	 key = 1 210
	 	}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEnginesFXWBI
		engineID = Pulsed Plasma
		runningEffectName = plasmaFlame
		thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
		exhaustDamage = True
		ignitionThreshold = 0.1
		minThrust = 0
		maxThrust = 650
		heatProduction = 700
		fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.0

PROPELLANT
		{
		    name = FusionPellets
	            ratio = 1.0
		    DrawGauge = True
		}

atmosphereCurve
	 	{
			key = 0 25000
			key = 1 144
	 	}
	}

and this

Spoiler

SkNoEQP.png

tells a different story: the thrust and the ISP are both lower.
Perhaps just switch ISP of the both modes.

Edited by Gordon Dry

Did you read what "NAUTILUS-X" stands for? Yes apparently they shoehorned it into an acronym. With a diamond reinforced titanium shoehorn.

"Non-Atmospheric Universal Transport Intended for Lengthy United States Exploration"

Ugh. I hate that.

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Did you read what "NAUTILUS-X" stands for? Yes apparently they shoehorned it into an acronym. With a diamond reinforced titanium shoehorn.

"Non-Atmospheric Universal Transport Intended for Lengthy United States Exploration"

Ugh. I hate that.

I've had a problem with that name too...why couldn't it have been "Non-Atmospheric Universal Transport Intended for Lengthy Universal Science Exploration"?  It didn't take but 2 seconds to think of the change... :D 

3 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

I've had a problem with that name too...why couldn't it have been "Non-Atmospheric Universal Transport Intended for Lengthy Universal Science Exploration"?  It didn't take but 2 seconds to think of the change... :D 

Only marginally better. I'd prefer this: Nautilus. Whats wrong with that? Are people gonna forget what it is?:

Engineer #1 - "Waitwaitwait. Guys. Does anybody remember where this thing goes?"

Engineer #2 - "Er. Good point, Im gonna say....the atmosphere?"

NO

:D

Why is the Supernova Fusion Engine already using the pellets up before the engine is started the first time?
It says "Reactor: Idling" and the engine is already active, but was never fired.
Is it kinda "low heat fire"?

Edited by Gordon Dry

I'm having a problem with the Half hex truss and Connected Living Space. Even with a crew tube setting, CLS doesn't want to recognize the part as passable. Even with CLS' optional passable parts setting turned on.

This seems to be exclusive to the hex half truss, all the others work just fine with crew tubes. For some reason, the half truss, launched, thinks that it should have fuel even though the model is the crew tube. It shows me a fuel status indicator on right click, which is, of course, empty.

Edited by jordanjay29

3 minutes ago, jordanjay29 said:

I'm having a problem with the Half hex truss and Connected Living Space. Even with a crew tube setting, CLS doesn't want to recognize the part as passable. Even with CLS' optional passable parts setting turned on.

This seems to be exclusive to the hex half truss, all the others work just fine with crew tubes. For some reason, the half truss, launched, thinks that it should have fuel even though the model is the crew tube. It shows me a fuel status indicator on right click, which is, of course, empty.

Nertea is having the exact same problem with his NF Construction trusses as well.  IIRC there was some sort of fix possible through a combination of a config file change and/or MM config but I'd have to dig around to find it.  Just remember that being mentioned in the last day or two...

Probably an oversight on my part. Sounds like I need to edit the description to help make more sense of things. As for the half-hex truss, I may have missed that one when adding CLS support. I'll create a bug fix in the next few days.

While I don't give out timetables, my current plan is to get MOLE and Pathfinder to 1.0 before returning to DSEV to update it with the.... Knautilus. I have things in the planning stages but there is a lot in my backlog to get through first.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

As for the half-hex truss, I may have missed that one when adding CLS support. I'll create a bug fix in the next few days.

Bingo, it just got missed. Easy fix, though, just a comma and a part name copied in. Easy enough to do while I wait for the next version.

Did you just delete my post?
It appeared as first post of page 8 and now it's gone...

Edit: (thank you, "Form History Controller" addon)

I got a CTD - the 2nd since I started with KSP a month ago.

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.SupernovaController.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Input is null
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at ConfigNode.CleanupInput(System.String value)

at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)

at BaseFieldList.Save(.ConfigNode node)

at PartModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)

at ShipConstruct.SaveShip()

at ShipConstruction.CreateBackup(.ShipConstruct ship)

at EditorLogic.SetBackup()

at EditorLogic.onOffsetGizmoUpdated(Vector3 dPos)

at EditorGizmos.GizmoOffset.OnHandleMoveEnd(EditorGizmos.GizmoOffsetHandle h, Vector3 axis, Single deltaAngle)

at EditorGizmos.GizmoOffsetHandle.On_MouseUp()

at EditorGizmos.GizmoHandle.OnMouseUp()

at MouseEventsHandler.OnMouseUp()

at UnityEngine.GameObject.SendMessage(System.String , System.Object , SendMessageOptions )

at UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents+HitInfo.SendMessage(System.String name)

at UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents.SendEvents(Int32 i, HitInfo hit)

at UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents.DoSendMouseEvents(Int32 skipRTCameras)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qssj603bzqr7ggs/2016-05-24-2%20NRE%20with%20SupernovaController.7z?dl=0

I was fiddling with heat radiators that I attached radially at the Supernova for some time, last action before CTD was moving them downwards and rotating them some degrees to fit to the lining of the Supernova.

Edited by Gordon Dry

8 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Did you just delete my post?
It appeared as first post of page 8 and now it's gone...

Edit: (thank you, "Form History Controller" addon)

I got a CTD - the 2nd since I started with KSP a month ago.

Hide contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.SupernovaController.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Input is null

at EditorLogic.SetBackup()

at EditorLogic.onOffsetGizmoUpdated(Vector3 dPos)

at EditorGizmos.GizmoOffset.OnHandleMoveEnd(EditorGizmos.GizmoOffsetHandle h, Vector3 axis, Single deltaAngle)

at EditorGizmos.GizmoOffsetHandle.On_MouseUp()

at EditorGizmos.GizmoHandle.OnMouseUp()

at MouseEventsHandler.OnMouseUp()

at UnityEngine.GameObject.SendMessage(System.String , System.Object , SendMessageOptions )

at UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents+HitInfo.SendMessage(System.String name)

at UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents.SendEvents(Int32 i, HitInfo hit)

at UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents.DoSendMouseEvents(Int32 skipRTCameras)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qssj603bzqr7ggs/2016-05-24-2%20NRE%20with%20SupernovaController.7z?dl=0

I was fiddling with heat radiators that I attached radially at the Supernova for some time, last action before CTD was moving them downwards and rotating them some degrees to fit to the lining of the Supernova.

I don't have the ability to delete posts, so no. I will look into the NRE and hopefully have a fix in the next update.

Interesting additional fact:

After loading again and then first action deleting radiators, second action deleting Supernova I still got a couple of the same NRE messages, but then a handful of those until the log spamming stopped:

Spoiler

Input is null

at EditorLogic.onSaveConfirm()

at EditorLogic.saveShip(.Callback afterSave)

at EditorLogic.saveShip()

at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke(System.Object[] args)

at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke(System.Object[] parameters)

at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke(System.Object[] parameters)

at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke()

at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press()

at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMousePress(UnityEngine.EventSystems.MouseButtonEventData data)

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent(Int32 id)

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent()

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.Process()

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update()

To get rid off the NRE spamming I temporarily commented out the

Spoiler

//	MODULE
//	{
//	    name = SupernovaController
//	    primaryEngineID = Hydrogen
//	    reactorFuel = FusionPellets
//	    fuelConsumption = 0.01
//	    ecNeededToStart = 48000
//	    ecChargePerSec = 800
//	    upgradeResources = RocketParts,5000;Science,600
//	}