[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

7 hours ago, B-STRK said:

Got it! (And gah, will have to redesign a Mule-based light cargo transport then come the next DSEV/Pathfinder update. Not a problem though, I think I can KIS the new endcaps in the field. :) ) The RCS on the endcaps are going to be similar to the Mule's (meaning unidirectional per modeled port), or will they be more like the 5-way RCS modules in Buffalo? (If you're willing to take recommendations, I'd go with the latter.)

Yes, 5-way is in the plans. That way, you can fly a module around in all directions with just a couple of parts. :)

@SpaceKadet That looks cool! :)

Edited by Angel-125

After playing Kerbal Politics today, it's nice to sit down and prototype the new endcap:

haEh88Z.png

... with apologies to @B-STRK for retooling the Mule's RCS thrusters. The new endcap WIP has its RCS ports working. Put a couple of them on a Mule, add a Delta Guidance Unit, and an RCS tank or two, and you can have self-propelled cargo modules. :)

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

After playing Kerbal Politics today, it's nice to sit down and prototype the new endcap:

haEh88Z.png

... with apologies to @B-STRK for retooling the Mule's RCS thrusters. The new endcap WIP has its RCS ports working. Put a couple of them on a Mule, add a Delta Guidance Unit, and an RCS tank or two, and you can have self-propelled cargo modules. :)

No need to apologize, it's your prerogative. :) And from a kitbashing perspective, the endcaps add a lot of ease to constructing stations made out of 2.5m modules, and like you said, 2.5m-profile resupply modules. and Just to clarify, the new model is only available in DSEV + Pathfinder? It still retains the old model if Pathfinder alone? (Just notice the sentence construction in your original post. Might be useful to know for those who only have Pathfinder in their install.)

9 hours ago, B-STRK said:

No need to apologize, it's your prerogative. :) And from a kitbashing perspective, the endcaps add a lot of ease to constructing stations made out of 2.5m modules, and like you said, 2.5m-profile resupply modules. and Just to clarify, the new model is only available in DSEV + Pathfinder? It still retains the old model if Pathfinder alone? (Just notice the sentence construction in your original post. Might be useful to know for those who only have Pathfinder in their install.)

Correct. If you only use Pathfinder then you use the original model.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:56 PM, DerekL1963 said:

Ahhhh....  Angel, I find your service modules so much better looking than stock ones, I'd hoped you'd made a 2.5m one to go with the Delta revamp and not told us, leaving it for a nice surprise.   Alas, my hopes were dashed!

Maybe in the next revision?

5DrUTn4.png

Finished my latest detour project, so back to DSEV.

Edited by Angel-125

On 9/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, drhay53 said:

Big thanks for releasing example craft at all! Really helps to understand how the pack is 'meant' to be pieced together.

I hadn't even noticed.  Bad me :( I'll have to take a look after flagellating myself.  But TBH, except for inescapably lifter-only parts, I rarely use any part, stock or mod, as intended.  Every time I download a mod, I can hear it screaming "O YE GODS, please break my next version so Geschosskopf will quit downloading me!!"

Hey @Angel-125, wanted to share this at least half DSEV/WBI mothership headed towards Duna. Wrapped up the last ship in the flotilla last night, so I'm ready for the launch window at long last.  This is using the Steam Whistle template I made up for the centrifuge, but everything else is working as intended, hahah. Will be using the Mk1 spacedock to build and launch small landers or satellites once it's there, and I loaded it up with a full crew, so it's carrying almost 30 Kerbonauts.

Spoiler

HlFo7TF.png

5rDrjNt.png

r8vcH4x.png

x71OdmH.png

gusGcuD.png

Thank again for all you do!

6 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Hey @Angel-125, wanted to share this at least half DSEV/WBI mothership headed towards Duna. Wrapped up the last ship in the flotilla last night, so I'm ready for the launch window at long last.  This is using the Steam Whistle template I made up for the centrifuge, but everything else is working as intended, hahah. Will be using the Mk1 spacedock to build and launch small landers or satellites once it's there, and I loaded it up with a full crew, so it's carrying almost 30 Kerbonauts.

Reveal hidden contents

HlFo7TF.png

5rDrjNt.png

r8vcH4x.png

x71OdmH.png

gusGcuD.png

Thank again for all you do!

Looking great! Thanks for sharing that, and glad the mod is working for you. :) One more pic for today, this is my ISS reference design:

qA52Z6b.png

I'm excited that this release is finally coming together.

17 hours ago, davidy12 said:

What's the interior gonna be? 

You know, it occurs to me that the stock mk2'lander can IVA might fit just right. If it does, that would save me an IVA that few use anyway... I'm already using the hitchhiker for the Mk2 Hab..

Edited by Angel-125

34 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Nice! you're really cranking things out today. Can't wait to start playing with all these

Thanks! It helps that I'm able to reuse some old models and do some remodeling/retexturing. Multipurpose Colony Modules' spiritual successor is coming along nicely, has a great art update, and might be done in time for KSP 1.3.1.

Lockheed Martin unveiled their Mars Base Camp recently..

1488378610541.jpg

Me thinks I need to add circular solar arrays to the Odyssey Two release... :)

Also:

IevDi2E.png

And Deep Space Gateway might become a thing... https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-roscosmos-sign-joint-statement-on-researching-exploring-deep-space

Edited by Angel-125

9 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Took some time this morning to see what a kerbalized Mars Duna Base Camp would look like with DSEV (and solar panels from MOLE):

MovmtjR.png

Definitely doable. Only extra part needed would be a 1.25m cupola, and of course the Estonian command pod... :)

A 1.25 cupola would be awesome for a lot of purposes, especially with the visibility of something like the Spyglass. I usually use the Spyglass for that purpose as it is, using some sort of adapter to step up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.