[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

on the related subjects (at least in my mind) i had a couple of suggestions, a version of the centrafuge with just 2 arms, and triangular profile cargo \fuel pods that could mount to frames to make things like this

isv-venture-star-avatar-10474082-2500-13

same shiftable internals that all your fuel pods use..... then maybe that expanding druss structure :P my idea was 1 peice that with enlargement through tweak scale you could make that amazing  truss :P

54 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

on the related subjects (at least in my mind) i had a couple of suggestions, a version of the centrafuge with just 2 arms, and triangular profile cargo \fuel pods that could mount to frames to make things like this

isv-venture-star-avatar-10474082-2500-13

same shiftable internals that all your fuel pods use..... then maybe that expanding druss structure :P my idea was 1 peice that with enlargement through tweak scale you could make that amazing  truss :P

For the twin-arm centrifuge, I can make that pretty simply by using the existing triple-arm centrifuge. For the truss, I already have an idea in mind that works something like the stock trusses that you find on the payload fairings. I'm thinking the 2.5m double-hex truss uses that procedural format. And those triangular cargo containers are doable; I could see the Kerbal Resource Utilization Department (KRUD) making them. :)

Edited by Angel-125

24 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

For the twin-arm centrifuge, I can make that pretty simply by using the existing triple-arm centrifuge. For the truss, I already have an idea in mind that works something like the stock trusses that you find on the payload fairings. I'm thinking the 2.5m double-hex truss uses that procedural format. And those triangular cargo containers are doable; I could see the Kerbal Resource Utilization Department (KRUD) making them. :)

thats brill,  those containers are actually something ive been wanting for ages! if you remember long ago my quarian ship, the original model from mass effect is built on a triangular model, and i like the idea of a triangular ship with 3 more mounted on 3 way symmetry to make a tri star spaceship :P

e.g. this with a small cockpit on the front 
venturestar_mainhabtexturerevisiondemo_b

@Angel-125, it's been a while since I've even logged on, looks like CONGRATULATIONS DSEV!!!  are in order.  And you have a Kopernicus?  *goes and dusts off neglected gaming computer (my gig laptop... I know... I really need to separate work from play) and installs 1.3.1 *

I could have sworn I've seen triangular KIS containers somewhere a very long time ago...  Anyone know what happened to them?

4 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

@Angel-125, it's been a while since I've even logged on, looks like CONGRATULATIONS DSEV!!!  are in order.  And you have a Kopernicus?  *goes and dusts off neglected gaming computer (my gig laptop... I know... I really need to separate work from play) and installs 1.3.1 *

I could have sworn I've seen triangular KIS containers somewhere a very long time ago...  Anyone know what happened to them?

They where part of Kis pack, but got deprecated ages ago! Much to mu pain

10 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

REKT has some, but they are fairly small.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:21 AM, Space Kadet said:

They where part of Kis pack, but got deprecated ages ago! Much to mu pain

Those containers were originally in KSPI in the early days - they were created by zzz and released to Public Domain. If you look around, you can still find the models and textures. They're parts with no animations, so they'll work perfectly well under 1.3.1 so long as a cfg file is created for them.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:06 PM, panarchist said:

Those containers were originally in KSPI in the early days - they were created by zzz and released to Public Domain. If you look around, you can still find the models and textures. They're parts with no animations, so they'll work perfectly well under 1.3.1 so long as a cfg file is created for them.

Nice... something to add to my list...  

So, I'm looking at the parts list in DSEV and my other projects, and given how long it's taking to make things, I'm looking at cancelling a few things. Among them is NAUTILUS-X. Reason being is that I'm getting tired of making IVAs, and the parts that would make up the Nautilus don't really serve a useful purpose. I might just do the hex hangar and adapter, and call it a day. What it's coming down to is functionality; DSEV has a large number of parts, so what do the Nautilus parts do that others don't? The Estonian is a definite go and I'll be working on that as soon as I get Pathfinder's mass driver parts done. So is the Venture Star. But at this point, Nautilus is on the chopping block unless I can come up with a good reason to make it.

Edited by Angel-125

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

So, I'm looking at the parts list in DSEV and my other projects, and given how long it's taking to make things, I'm looking at cancelling a few things. Among them is NAUTILUS-X. Reason being is that I'm getting tired of making IVAs, and the parts that would make up the Nautilus don't really serve a useful purpose. I might just do the hex hangar and adapter, and call it a day. What it's coming down to is functionality; DSEV has a large number of parts, so what do the Nautilus parts do that others don't? The Estonian is a definite go and I'll be working on that as soon as I get Pathfinder's mass driver parts done. So is the Venture Star. But at this point, Nautilus is on the chopping block unless I can come up with a good reason to make it.

What is specific to your Nautilus plans? FWIW, I use IVAs fairly often. Maybe not for precision moves where I'd rather see the map and details, but quite often, especially when rovering and sometimes flying, so your efforts to make the sweet IVAs we do have are appreciated.

@Angel-125 whats the chances of gettin a bigger LH2 rcs block, maybe just double the size 4 times the power and draw?

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Fair play, but maybe an idea for when your not busy would be to make naughtyness a switchable type on the normal cockpits. But for the moment im lovin it all and more parts is more fun :P

12 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

What is specific to your Nautilus plans? FWIW, I use IVAs fairly often. Maybe not for precision moves where I'd rather see the map and details, but quite often, especially when rovering and sometimes flying, so your efforts to make the sweet IVAs we do have are appreciated.

I am looking at a hex hangar/ corridor, various adapters, a large diameter thruster plate, large solar panels, hexagonal command pod, and ring shaped centrifuge. That might not sound like a lot, but it can easily take me a month or more, and I want to finish the parts list for DSEV by the end of the year. BARIS was a big but needed detour that delayed my plans, and I wasn’t planning on the Pipeline mass drivers until later,and that has pushed back a top secret project even further. And since most of the Nautilus parts are redundant, I’m considering dropping them and skipping to the Venture Star like parts instead. They will definitely be useful for going way beyond the Kerbol star system.

Edited by Angel-125

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

@Angel-125, would it be possible to allow some of the shorter Delta tanks to be reconfigured to hold Science (MOLE experiments) ?  This would be very convenient once you've unlocked 2.5m parts and have a large station that needs new data.

The Short Logistics Module was made for that purpose. It holds several experiments in addition to the standard resource suite. Next update it'll hold 8.

Edited by Angel-125

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Personally I don't care about IVAs and would be happy to have more cool parts to play with. I realize others do use IVAs, but given the choice between not having the parts at all or having parts without IVAs I'd cast a vote for "moar parts" :D

Thanks for all the great work!

Now that I got the latest Pathfinder release out (I see I need to make a small bug fix tomorrow though), I can get going on DSEV's Odyssey Three release. Since the Estonian didn't make it into last release, it's going to be the first set of parts that I work on for this release. I want to have this release done by end of November at the latest so that I can get the last set of DSEV parts done before the end of the year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.